Christmas Lockdown
(11-15-2020, 02:10 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 02:02 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 04:14 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: So I have no symptoms now but can't go to see my parents. But if we all behave then on Christmas Day when I hopefully still have no symptoms I can go to see my parents. But I could still be infectious even though I am asymptomatic but because it is Christmas it is ok. Glad we are still following the science.

Either way. Come Christmas Day, I still won’t be able to give my mom a hug or a kiss as she is in a care home.
Aren't they supposed to be rolling out additional testing, FF?

They are testing carers and patients regularly but still no contact allowed and have to be at least 2m apart. As the weather has turned colder I can’t expect my 87 year old mom to be sat outside shaking with the cold as so it’s either waving through a window and shouting as loud as I can but she still can’t hear me or FaceTime (as I did earlier today with her). 

We will have this situation for at least 12 months which is pretty shit.  If we take mom out to have an injection in her eye (which she has regularly), then she’d have to be kept on her own in the care home for 2 weeks.  As she has dementia that would surely have detrimental effect having hardly any human contact for 2 weeks.
(11-15-2020, 02:16 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 04:14 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: So I have no symptoms now but can't go to see my parents. But if we all behave then on Christmas Day when I hopefully still have no symptoms I can go to see my parents. But I could still be infectious even though I am asymptomatic but because it is Christmas it is ok. Glad we are still following the science.

Either way. Come Christmas Day, I still won’t be able to give my mom a hug or a kiss as she is in a care home.

They are testing caters and patients regularly but still no contact allowed and have to be at least 2m apart. As the weather has turned colder I can’t expect my 87 year old mom to be sat outside shaking with the cold as so it’s either waving through a window and shouting as loud as I can but she still can’t hear me or FaceTime (as I did earlier today with her). 

We will have this situation for at least 12 months which is pretty shit.  If we take mom out to have an injection in her eye (which she has regularly), then she’d have to be kept on her own in the care home for 2 weeks.  As she has dementia that would surely have detrimental effect having hardly any human contact for 2 weeks.

I feel for you, FF. Its no existence.
Sorry to hear FF. Hope that you can work something out.
Fulham Fallout Wrote:
Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
Fulham Fallout Wrote:
baggiebuckster Wrote:So I have no symptoms now but can't go to see my parents. But if we all behave then on Christmas Day when I hopefully still have no symptoms I can go to see my parents. But I could still be infectious even though I am asymptomatic but because it is Christmas it is ok. Glad we are still following the science.

They are testing caters and patients regularly but still no contact allowed and have to be at least 2m apart. As the weather has turned colder I can’t expect my 87 year old mom to be sat outside shaking with the cold as so it’s either waving through a window and shouting as loud as I can but she still can’t hear me or FaceTime (as I did earlier today with her). 

Jeez, that's shocking. you have my sympathies, FF.
Shocking state of events hope you get to see her Ff

They are testing carers and patients regularly but still no contact allowed and have to be at least 2m apart. As the weather has turned colder I can’t expect my 87 year old mom to be sat outside shaking with the cold as so it’s either waving through a window and shouting as loud as I can but she still can’t hear me or FaceTime (as I did earlier today with her). 

My sons mate doing this hope this helps

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-16-2020, 01:48 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

My sons mate doing this hope this helps

Bump
Looking like London's gonna cop it.
Lads and ladies if you either a covid sceptic or believe what is happening just look after your families and friends it's a crap situation for everyone and to everyone on here for being a good listener a few of us have loaded on others ..... A big thank you to you all x
(12-19-2020, 03:02 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Lads and ladies if you either a covid sceptic or believe what is happening just look after your families and friends it's a crap situation for everyone and to everyone on here  for being a good listener a few of us have loaded on others  ..... A big thank you to you all x

Yep.

Baton down the hatches time.

Good luck ye all.