Christmas Lockdown
(11-14-2020, 03:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 03:04 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Well. Its in our hands...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54944125

That’s us fucked then.

Can't disagree. 

The divs in the local Post Office have closed the left of the three counter positions. It leaves the centre and right open, allowing you to rub elbows with those at the next till. 

Needless to say, I won't be going back there in a hurry.
So I have no symptoms now but can't go to see my parents. But if we all behave then on Christmas Day when I hopefully still have no symptoms I can go to see my parents. But I could still be infectious even though I am asymptomatic but because it is Christmas it is ok. Glad we are still following the science.
This is all bollocks.

Apparently those in Tier 3 in the North were seeing R of less than 1 before lockdown.

The Science is important but some members of SAGE would have us in Tier 3 for the next decade, given the choice.

I appreciate there are other key days for other religions, but if they try to keep families apart at Christmas I can see anarchy.
(11-14-2020, 04:14 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: So I have no symptoms now but can't go to see my parents. But if we all behave then on Christmas Day when I hopefully still have no symptoms I can go to see my parents. But I could still be infectious even though I am asymptomatic but because it is Christmas it is ok. Glad we are still following the science.

No room at the Inn(fection) ay it.

Hope you make it home.
(11-14-2020, 04:47 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: This is all bollocks.

Apparently those in Tier 3 in the North were seeing R of less than 1 before lockdown.

The Science is important but some members of SAGE would have us in Tier 3 for the next decade, given the choice.

[b]I appreciate there are other key days for other religions, but if they try to keep families apart at Christmas I can see anarchy.[-b]

I’ve been saying this for a while and everyone I speak to say they will see family at Christmas regardless of the rules.

They reckoned a couple of days ago that there was a large spline due to people meeting before “lockdown” 2.  People weren’t abiding to the rules before lockdown 2 was announced.  

They have fucked It up righ from the start and have continued to do so.
Just don't understand why people refuse to follow the rules......
Interesting that the women from SAGE quoted in that article telling us all how to behave is a member of the Communist Party.
(11-15-2020, 09:24 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Interesting that the women from SAGE quoted in that article telling us all how to behave is a member of the Communist Party.
This is the problem. The scientists now have agendas, and the Government is in chaos.
(11-14-2020, 04:14 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: So I have no symptoms now but can't go to see my parents. But if we all behave then on Christmas Day when I hopefully still have no symptoms I can go to see my parents. But I could still be infectious even though I am asymptomatic but because it is Christmas it is ok. Glad we are still following the science.

Either way. Come Christmas Day, I still won’t be able to give my mom a hug or a kiss as she is in a care home.
(11-15-2020, 02:02 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Either way. Come Christmas Day, I still won’t be able to give my mom a hug or a kiss as she is in a care home.
Aren't they supposed to be rolling out additional testing, FF?