Social distancing where you are...
(06-26-2020, 09:07 AM)Pipkins Wrote: If it does all go tits up 

The Govt will only have itself to blame
Cummings 
Protests
Mass Raves
Large party in Moss Side with a shooting 
Huge numbers flocking to beaches whilst Police act like a bunch of social workers

Then there will be the usual 'its not my fault so I blame (enter as applicable)

Either there will be no massive 2nd wave or a wave of tsunami proportions

What can the police actually do when they go in their thousands??
In SA during the dark days of Apartheid a tradition of mobbing (tens of thousands) the 'whites only' beaches on Boxing Day knowing full well that it would be impossible to police!
(06-26-2020, 11:12 AM)strawman Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 10:55 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The messages from the government and the press that support them aren’t mixed and aren’t encouraging irresponsible behaviour.

Johnson...

Prime minister Boris Johnson has responded to concerns about the effects of an influx of visitors to Brighton and Hove by saying our MPs should “show some guts” in reopening the city.

Our national hibernation is over

Life is returning, to our street, to our shops, the bustle is starting to come back!”

Hancock...

We may have to close the beaches

Same cabinet barely 24hrs between statements.

Not what was said at all - It was said it was beginning to come to end but feel free not to leave the house, nobody will make you and maybe just switch off your wireless and 4 and 5g devices just in case - can't be too careful

I’m having to shield a family member with a backdrop of government failing to give any coherent message, backing an advisor who clearly broke the rules, thousands of fuckwits selfishly disregarding those more vulnerable than themselves, still one of the highest death rates in Europe, a Trace and Track / Testing regime that isn’t working properly after four months and according to ITV a rising infection rate. 

Some are now jingoistically looking forward to the 4th of July like it’s VE Day, New Years Eve!

There is feck all conspiratorial about anything I said.
(06-26-2020, 12:31 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 10:55 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The messages from the government and the press that support them aren’t mixed and aren’t encouraging irresponsible behaviour.

Johnson...

Prime minister Boris Johnson has responded to concerns about the effects of an influx of visitors to Brighton and Hove by saying our MPs should “show some guts” in reopening the city.

Life is returning, to our street, to our shops, the bustle is starting to come back!”

Hancock...

Not what was said at all - It was said it was beginning to come to end but feel free not to leave the house, nobody will make you and maybe just switch off your wireless and 4 and 5g devices just in case - can't be too careful

I’m having to shield a family member with a backdrop of government failing to give any coherent message, backing an advisor who clearly broke the rules, thousands of fuckwits selfishly disregarding those more vulnerable than themselves, still one of the highest death rates in Europe, a Trace and Track / Testing regime that isn’t working properly after four months and according to ITV a rising infection rate. 

Some are now jingoistically looking forward to the 4th of July like it’s VE Day, New Years Eve!

Really - well I'm sorry about your family member. 

But don't pull the emotional trigger with me I'm 73 years old – since 70 I have had a heart attack requiring a stent, a kidney removed due to kidney cancer which luckily hasn't spread and has left me with stage 3b CKD and have been in hospital twice in the last month with gallstone fucking problems which means I have to have my gall bladder removed, so I'm highly at risk yet can quite understand the real message which is to stay safe and socially distance, not your contorted message. and yet due to your continual whinging, doom mongering and misrepresentations I would rather have them than a night out with you, cause that would definitely make me want to slit my throat. Now off you go – park your bus and make sure you stay a long way from anyone – not to prevent you from catching anything but to stop them being depressed to death – On ignore – Bye Marvin
(06-26-2020, 12:40 PM)strawman Wrote:

Johnson...

Hancock...

But don't pull the emotional trigger with me I'm 73 years old – since 70 I have had a heart attack requiring a stent, a kidney removed due to kidney cancer which luckily hasn't spread and has left me with stage 3b CKD and have been in hospital twice in the last month with gallstone fucking problems which means I have to have my gall bladder removed, so I'm highly at risk yet can quite understand the real message which is to stay safe and socially distance, not your contorted message. and yet due to your continual whinging, doom mongering and misrepresentations I would rather have them than a night out with you, cause that would definitely make me want to slit my throat. Now off you go – park your bus and make sure you stay a long way from anyone – not to prevent you from catching anything but to stop them being depressed to death – On ignore – Bye Marvin

"Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, Oh God, I'm so depressed."  Big Grin

Johnson...

Hancock...

Respect Strawman Big Grin
(06-26-2020, 12:46 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:

Johnson...

Hancock...

[Image: 74529f6d945b4ebe54e39816b9d1b714.jpg]
(06-26-2020, 12:49 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 12:46 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 11:12 AM)strawman Wrote: Not what was said at all - It was said it was beginning to come to end but feel free not to leave the house, nobody will make you and maybe just switch off your wireless and 4 and 5g devices just in case - can't be too careful

[Image: Ali-G-Respect.jpg]
ah man did you have to Dodgy

Johnson...

Hancock...

Respect to you, Strawman.

I hope you are up and about in a Covid free world very soon.
(06-26-2020, 01:20 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Johnson...

Hancock...

Respect to you, Strawman.

I hope you are up and about in a Covid free world very soon.

+1

Kudos Strawman.
(06-25-2020, 09:17 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 09:15 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:51 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:49 PM)baggpuss Wrote: Pretty dire now I think and can only imagine it when Spoons etc open again!

My manager at work can't wait to get to the pub (like a starving man with food), doesn't care if he catches it, doesn't care if he gives it others and as for the NHS - "well, it's what they signed up for!!"

Great bloke then!

And sadly not alone - as we will see next Saturday!  Sad

Yep. I'm still bemused as to why they decided to open the pubs on a Saturday. Can you imagine...

Because this Government seem hell bent on silently encouraging violent street behaviour. All pubs will have to close by 11 as well? That's going to end well. Can't wait.