Social distancing where you are...
Worst thing has been walking along footpaths and towpaths. If there are three people coming towards you they STILL don't get the fact that in order to observe the rules that they may have to terribly inconvenience themselves by having to go single file. This has happened so many times. It's almost amusing now.
(06-25-2020, 07:35 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Seems to be the 50+ people that don’t give a fuck, weirdly.

Yep, all those BLM protesting,  illegal rave attending, surfing & sunbathing OAPs. Riding their BMXs in gangs around shopping centres and along towpaths knocking innocent women into the canal!

Watch this vid. Not many Zimmer frames to be seen.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06...taycation/
(06-25-2020, 07:56 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 07:53 PM)Ossian Wrote: Pretty well observed around Stourbridge and particularly when out on footpaths and trails in the surrounding countryside. Not that there would be much excuse for not observing it away from the towns.

I'm with Tipton and the parrot when it comes to age groups; by far the worst seem to be the middle aged and elderly. Stourbridge is a pretty odd place though, and probably not reflective of life on earth.

Those narrow footpaths in the town centre must be awkward!

I miss a pint at the Robin Hood down that way though.

The High Street being only one way makes it a bit easier for people to walk in the road (there was talk of temporarily closing it to traffic, but that would probably have caused more problems than it solved). The banks and some of the shops - Wilko for example - have queues on the footpaths, but most people seem to have worked it out okay, although it's not always precisely 2 metres and the town centre is still quiet by normal standards.
Pretty dire now I think and can only imagine it when Spoons etc open again!

My manager at work can't wait to get to the pub (like a starving man with food), doesn't care if he catches it, doesn't care if he gives it others and as for the NHS - "well, it's what they signed up for!!"
In Solihull I mentioned today to someone whilst up there how a lot less people in supermarkets are wearing masks and gloves. 3 weeks ago I’d say it was 75:25 wearing a masks and gloves to not. Now it’s more like 15:85 wearing gloves & masks to not.
(06-25-2020, 08:49 PM)baggpuss Wrote: Pretty dire now I think and can only imagine it when Spoons etc open again!

My manager at work can't wait to get to the pub (like a starving man with food), doesn't care if he catches it, doesn't care if he gives it others and as for the NHS - "well, it's what they signed up for!!"

Great bloke then!
(06-25-2020, 08:51 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:49 PM)baggpuss Wrote: Pretty dire now I think and can only imagine it when Spoons etc open again!

Great bloke then!

And sadly not alone - as we will see next Saturday!  Sad
(06-25-2020, 09:15 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:51 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Great bloke then!

And sadly not alone - as we will see next Saturday!  Sad

Yep. I'm still bemused as to why they decided to open the pubs on a Saturday. Can you imagine...
Seems to be 3 groups. Some knobs who have forgotten social distancing. Others who think going within 20 foot of someone is a crime and seem happy living in a bubble. Fortunately the largest group is those in between.
Glad the Scousers have got some sense and are observing social distancing.........

Confused