Social distancing where you are...
Is it still a thing?

Here in DY4 it seems to have vanished with the exception of the older folk who are sadly terrified.

In fact, the first few weeks were observed but after that it it's been pretty much AsWeWere. The teenagers here haven't bothered generally (parenting?). I know it's a big ask but a few months out of your life to protect others.

And why have the briefings stopped with hundreds still dying? Almost like putting out a statement that this is now finished. And opening the pubs on a Saturday? What's the logic behind that?

This really could go tits up again with the country unable to afford to pay more furlough. Herd immunity? It's a worry.
In Moseley it’s pretty good still... very few cars on the road and most people keeping their distance. In my experience, the old folk are the worst for it... groups huddled round the bus stop and charging round the supermarkets.

Went back home to Bridgnorth last weekend and it was chaos. People shoulder to shoulder along the river, half the bars selling beer... I drove home at 3pm Monday afternoon and there must have been 50 people having a pint on the high street and a queue a mile long for one!
(06-25-2020, 07:26 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: In Moseley it’s pretty good still... very few cars on the road and most people keeping their distance. In my experience, the old folk are the worst for it... groups huddled round the bus stop and charging round the supermarkets.

Went back home to Bridgnorth last weekend and it was chaos. People shoulder to shoulder along the river, half the bars selling beer... I drove home at 3pm Monday afternoon and there must have been 50 people having a pint on the high street and a queue a mile long for one!

Well at least the pubs have stayed closed here!
(06-25-2020, 07:19 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Is it still a thing?

Here in DY4 it seems to have vanished with the exception of the older folk who are sadly terrified.

In fact, the first few weeks were observed but after that it it's been pretty much AsWeWere. The teenagers here haven't bothered generally (parenting?). I know it's a big ask but a few months out of your life to protect others.

And why have the briefings stopped with hundreds still dying? Almost like putting out a statement that this is now finished. And opening the pubs on a Saturday? What's the logic behind that?

This really could go tits up again with the country unable to afford to pay more furlough. Herd immunity? It's a worry.

TBF mate I Think most people round here are still following the guidelines (well best they can anyway).
There are always exceptions to the rule.....and yes teenagers have been having gatherings right through, but most haven't.
Got to be honest I've found some of the old folk to be the worst offenders regarding social distancing.
Seems to be the 50+ people that don’t give a fuck, weirdly.
Mostly. I mean there's a hell of a lot of people out now but with the exception of the odd buffoon most people will keep distance but I am an ugly fucker though so it could be just me.
(06-25-2020, 07:35 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 07:19 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Is it still a thing?

TBF mate I Think most people round here are still following the guidelines (well best they can anyway).
There are always exceptions to the rule.....and yes teenagers have been having gatherings right through, but most haven't.
Got to be honest I've found some of the old folk to be the worst offenders regarding social distancing.

I think the old folk are scared and some of them totally forget about it all!  I've had to tell some of our allotment members to keep a distance and once they remember the whole thing they're apologetic. 

It's a big ask for young people to do it, especially primary school kids and below. I've seen loads of teenagers gathering throughout. If it's not policed what can you do? As a parent you could advise I suppose.

(06-25-2020, 07:36 PM)HomersBelly Wrote: Mostly. I mean there's a hell of a lot of people out now but with the exception of the odd buffoon most people will keep distance but I am an ugly fucker though so it could be just me.

Haha! Yeah. Women have always tended to socially distance from me! Anything nearer than 2m would be a bonus!
Pretty well observed around Stourbridge and particularly when out on footpaths and trails in the surrounding countryside. Not that there would be much excuse for not observing it away from the towns.

I'm with Tipton and the parrot when it comes to age groups; by far the worst seem to be the middle aged and elderly. Stourbridge is a pretty odd place though, and probably not reflective of life on earth.
(06-25-2020, 07:53 PM)Ossian Wrote: Pretty well observed around Stourbridge and particularly when out on footpaths and trails in the surrounding countryside. Not that there would be much excuse for not observing it away from the towns.

I'm with Tipton and the parrot when it comes to age groups; by far the worst seem to be the middle aged and elderly. Stourbridge is a pretty odd place though, and probably not reflective of life on earth.

Those narrow footpaths in the town centre must be awkward!

I miss a pint at the Robin Hood down that way though.
Me. wife and kids have been all good. Not broke a rule (so far). However,

Mum/Dad- went to someones house (not family, in May)
Brother- Invited me to cheap/Aldi BBQ Saturday just gone, with Ma and Pa! (he's not the brightest)
Sis in law, carried on as normal.
In laws, generally been good, but today picked up youngest grandchild from nursery.

And I can concur, Bridgnorth and Bewdley seem to be Meccas for the mongs.