Covid Vaccination ID
(07-21-2021, 02:17 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 02:13 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: No one I know is saying there’s a government conspiracy experimenting on us! Here you go again deciding that those who don’t want the vaccine are all conspiracy theorists! 

(07-20-2021, 03:16 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Specifically, I don’t know. But some form of increased control, or authoritarianism, or money (shares in big pharma anyone?) would be my guess.

Increased control and money for governments is a conspiracy?? That’s nothing like carrying out an experiment on us and you know it. That’s ridiculous. In addition, I’ve not refused the vaccine, im talking about the many people I know who have. And it was me who suggested the money thing for the government. It was also in response to a specific issue regarding why natural immunity is not acceptable as an alternative to the vaccine, and you know it. That’s pathetic baggy1. I’ve had many debates on here with you but that is bull to twist that and you know it.

The main reason people are wary is that it’s a new drug. It’s as simple as that. So it doesn’t matter how many times people lump others in with conspiracy theorists, call them anti vax morons etc, this is the main reason.
(07-21-2021, 02:19 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 02:13 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: No one I know is saying there’s a government conspiracy experimenting on us! Here you go again deciding that those who don’t want the vaccine are all conspiracy theorists! 

(07-20-2021, 03:16 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Specifically, I don’t know. But some form of increased control, or authoritarianism, or money (shares in big pharma anyone?) would be my guess.

Increased control and money for governments is a conspiracy?? That’s nothing like carrying out an experiment on us and you one it. That’s ridiculous. In addition, I’ve not refused the vaccine, im talking about the many people I know who have. And it was me who suggested the money thing for the government. It was also in response to a specific issue regarding why natural immunity is not acceptable as an alternative to the vaccine, and you know it. That’s pathetic baggy1.

I didn't say there was a government conspiracy experimenting on us, there is an 'and' in the middle and a badly placed 'they' but hardly pathetic, no more pathetic than your reading abilities  Wink
(07-21-2021, 02:23 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 02:19 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Increased control and money for governments is a conspiracy?? That’s nothing like carrying out an experiment on us and you one it. That’s ridiculous. In addition, I’ve not refused the vaccine, im talking about the many people I know who have. And it was me who suggested the money thing for the government. It was also in response to a specific issue regarding why natural immunity is not acceptable as an alternative to the vaccine, and you know it. That’s pathetic baggy1.

I didn't say there was a government conspiracy experimenting on us, there is an 'and' in the middle and a badly placed 'they' but hardly pathetic, no more pathetic than your reading abilities  Wink

My point about money was a valid one when both me and buckster asked why on earth natural immunity doesn’t count for the same as a double jab, when it is scientifically better. No one could come up with an answer to this. You know that copy and paste job was to this specific point. Come on… be fair. Natural immunity is literally the safest way you can be in a nightclub. That was our point.

The over riding main reason people are wary s that it’s a new drug. Simple as that. Yes there’s a small proportion who are anti vax in general, yes there are people who think bill gates is chipping them, but for the majority this is not the case.
Why are you 'working on your lad'?

I take from that he doesn't want the jab but is now facing pressure from looming Government restrictions and members of his own family.
Need a citation for natural immunity being better, it isn't AFAIK.
You actually talk about the government using this for increased control - that is a conspiracy theory

The answer was that jabs get boosters and get renewed, natural immunity wanes. Until we know more about it jabs are the only way of being less risky. It may be that we learn in time that immunity develops and protects us more but we don't know at this point. Anyway I don't want to row about this and accept your point and that we both want the same thing but are looking at it through different lenses.

(07-21-2021, 02:33 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Why are you 'working on your lad'?

I take from that he doesn't want the jab but is now facing pressure from looming Government restrictions and members of his own family.

Exactly, he passes out when he has any injection. He's 6'2" and 14 stone and can deliver a good right hook in the ring and take a few on the chin - hit him with a needle and he's like bambi  Big Grin
(07-21-2021, 02:38 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Need a citation for natural immunity being better, it isn't AFAIK.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/c...mains-rare

It’s approximately the same as a double jab according to the studies described here. So the point stands anyway, it is as good, not better, my apologies.

(07-21-2021, 02:44 PM)baggy1 Wrote: You actually talk about the government using this for increased control - that is a conspiracy theory

The answer was that jabs get boosters and get renewed, natural immunity wanes. Until we know more about it jabs are the only way of being less risky. It may be that we learn in time that immunity develops and protects us more but we don't know at this point. Anyway I don't want to row about this and accept your point and that we both want the same thing but are looking at it through different lenses.

(07-21-2021, 02:33 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Why are you 'working on your lad'?

Exactly, he passes out when he has any injection. He's 6'2" and 14 stone and can deliver a good right hook in the ring and take a few on the chin - hit him with a needle and he's like bambi  Big Grin

Governments increasing control is a conspiracy theory? My god. I’m speechless. Through history this has happened.

Anyway, fair enough, and respect to you that we never descend into name calling as so often happens on here.
(07-21-2021, 02:46 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 02:38 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Need a citation for natural immunity being better, it isn't AFAIK.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/c...mains-rare

It’s approximately the same as a double jab according to the studies described here. So the point stands anyway, it is as good, not better, my apologies.

Thanks.

Sorry just wanted to check that since normally natural immunity can be rather flaky, the body doesn't always do it right to remember. Vaccines promote that ability to remember, in layman's terms.

It's a difficult one.

Without good herd immunity from vaccines, we'll always have issues with mutations and high case rates, since viral loads will stay very high among the unvaccinated.

As said, I dislike mandates by government. However we do need to try to get everyone to have their vaccine. Private companies of course can do as they please for employees and customers / visitors on their property.
Labour has come out against Vaccine Passports, so with the Tory rebels I suspect this policy is dead in the water.
(07-21-2021, 05:01 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Labour has come out against Vaccine Passports, so with the Tory rebels I suspect this policy is dead in the water.

Well, I suppose if that's the outcome it will be democracy of a kind; hardly government though, is it?