3 potential bidders for the club?
(01-15-2021, 10:41 AM)LIMABAGGIE Wrote: I think our choices are clear, get owned by an ultra rich sugar daddy, i dont get care if they are Saudis or not, or become the next Sunderland

Neither will happen, chill Lima as it's 25c there!  

-1c here   Cry

(01-14-2021, 11:11 AM)Mr vertical Wrote: He's a serial preferred bidder so it could very well be him - he knows the process at least. Hopefully it's someone who'll make us a bit more competitive without destroying us.

I think you're really clutching at straws here mate.  He's a complete no-mark charlatan.
(01-15-2021, 07:34 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 10:41 AM)LIMABAGGIE Wrote: I think our choices are clear, get owned by an ultra rich sugar daddy, i dont get care if they are Saudis or not, or become the next Sunderland

Sadly its thus simple, the time of self sustaining clubs surving in the prem are fast disappearing over the horizon unless you spend serious money in the prem chances of survival are slim, it's getting to the point where unless you spend money in the chump your not going  to be anywhere near a promotion contender, there will always be exceptions to this but it certainly won't be the same team all the while.

+1
(01-14-2021, 11:15 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:57 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Difficult to assess without knowing any real details as we don’t really know what plans any suitors might have for the Club.
Wish we could just get the current owners out and replaced with a sound enthusiastic owner who has decent funds and will be willing to invest both on and off the pitch. Someone with genuine measured ambition to move us on to the next level.
Might even get the Halfords tier done !!!!!!!!!!!!! (** runs for cover **)

How many of those are out there? Or how many clubs of our size have managed to get one?

Leicester/Saints/Wolves/Fulham/Palace??

(01-14-2021, 11:48 AM)MGalea Wrote: This Mark Campbell bloke is definitely shifty as fuck.

Here's one of his property companies getting a winding up petition just the other week:
Companies House

Also from what I can tell he was involved in some sort of Mini-cab office scandal in Bexley (next to Sidcup where his companies are registered).  Yes the name is quite common but seems to fit his profile:

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/97841...nts-anchor

Fingers crossed one of the other two is someone less dodgy.

I'd rather we had no-one who's dodgy.

(01-14-2021, 12:20 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:14 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:03 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 11:56 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Those who spent years criticising Peace and now criticising Lai....be very careful what you wish for.

That's like saying you are hanging on to you're Mrs who is banging everyone but you're worried you get another bird who is worse or scared of being left on the shelf.
That analogy would work, if anyone could actually show what Lai has done wrong apart from not gambling millions in the club which he said he wouldn't from the get go.

As a business man you have to change with the way you're business works.... Football has moved on since he took over from JP. its simply not sustainable trying to live of the parachute payments. 

Look at woolworths and other business they stood still and didn't move with the times they have folded.

From what I understand from the over-arching company that own WBA their business model is different to Lai's own company.  I still don't believe Lai is the actual 'owner' from the initial videos that were released at the time of the sale, he just seemed like a 'project manager' - well that is how it was positioned/came over.

(01-14-2021, 02:09 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I've said constantly, Lai is far from the worst. Look from his point of view, he realises now that he overpaid. He appointed some suits recommended by our previous owner that turned out to be totally inept. He brought Jenkins back and achieved a promotion, unfortunately Jenkins is  too wealthy need the challenge of a first season in the Prem in the middle of a pandemic. He kept the squad together to have a tilt at promotion and when that failed he sponsored a Championship rebuild.
His failure is in his distance. Peace often said he didn't understand football so he got people in who did and delegated. Lai has not had success at this, he was badly advised into employing Williams, keeping Pulis too long, appointing and then keeping Pardew on, and our transfer policy has no clear aim. We've been at least one centre forward short, probably two, for ages. As these are expensive, we've spent our money elsewhere in the hope it won't matter. Lai doesn't communicate, probably because he is fed bullshit by those he employs and actually simply cannot expand on the self sustaining policy as no one wants to hear it. We're all too busy looking at villa and the dings chucking money around to want to listen to common sense. Modern football is not really sport, if it was, we wouldn't look so bad in comparison.
I have an awful feeling we are going to be looking at a succession of Arthur Daleys and Del Trotters for the next few months and kidding ourselves they are the new Abramovich.

The money appears to have dried up at wo1ve5 and the seals are apparently looking to off load players without bringing replacements in - Gammon is saying he's got academy replacements. 

It would be great to have a Leicester like Chairman but what some people don't realise is that the money they spend is owed to them and sooner or later has to be repaid (usually when they sell).
(01-15-2021, 07:55 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 10:49 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The Mark Campbell fella being linked sounds like someone we should be steering well clear of.

He’s been linked scattergun style to lots of different clubs, owns a property company with no assets in NYC registered in a little office block in Sidcup and has a bankruptcy to his name from when his pub went under in 2010 and sexual harassment accusations...

My concern is that Lai will sell to anyone who fronts him cash, with zero fucks given about how that money is raised.

He couldn’t raise the dough to buy fucking Falkirk so I’d say he’ll struggle to find Lai’s 200m.

Big Grin Big Grin That’s the cnut we will end up with. Loan Notes of 50 pence each over 20,000 years
(01-15-2021, 11:01 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 10:49 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The Mark Campbell fella being linked sounds like someone we should be steering well clear of.

He’s been linked scattergun style to lots of different clubs, owns a property company with no assets in NYC registered in a little office block in Sidcup and has a bankruptcy to his name from when his pub went under in 2010 and sexual harassment accusations...

My concern is that Lai will sell to anyone who fronts him cash, with zero fucks given about how that money is raised.

He couldn’t raise the dough to buy fucking Falkirk so I’d say he’ll struggle to find Lai’s 200m.

Big Grin Big Grin That’s the cnut we will end up with. Loan Notes of 50 pence each over 20,000 years

Happy days.

And extending the payments for Grant until the polar ice caps melt.
(01-15-2021, 11:03 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Happy days.

Give it a rest Nick.

You’re doing the same shit on every thread thing again...
(01-15-2021, 11:40 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Happy days.

Give it a rest Nick.

No I'm not.

I've predicted a positive result against Wolves. Commented on why Wolves aren't in the Black Country, said I'd shaft Ziz for a Million. Asked about when our favourite results against Walsall amongst others.

Now bore off if you're trying to shit stirr.
(01-15-2021, 11:48 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 07:55 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: He couldn’t raise the dough to buy fucking Falkirk so I’d say he’ll struggle to find Lai’s 200m.

Happy days.

Give it a rest Nick.

No I'm not.

I've predicted a positive result against Wolves. Commented on why Wolves aren't in the Black Country, said I'd shaft Ziz for a Million. Asked about when our favourite results against Walsall amongst others.

No, you’re banging on about Grant again on a thread about ownership.

I’m stirring nothing.
(01-15-2021, 11:51 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 11:01 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin That’s the cnut we will end up with. Loan Notes of 50 pence each over 20,000 years

Happy days.

Give it a rest Nick.

No I'm not.

I’m stirring nothing.

It's a big thing.

He was our striker signing.

Goals win games. Which keep clubs up and thus fulfill ownership ambitions.

He is abysmal.

Is all.

(01-15-2021, 11:51 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 11:01 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin That’s the cnut we will end up with. Loan Notes of 50 pence each over 20,000 years

Happy days.

Give it a rest Nick.

No I'm not.

I’m stirring nothing.

Incidentally, I have to ask, why on earth would this annoy you to this point?

I'm genuinely puzzled. Why?

Why do you get so miffed by other peoples' posts?

I don't really care but I do find it interestingly strange.
I don't understand, is it supposed to be funny?