3 potential bidders for the club?
He's a serial preferred bidder so it could very well be him - he knows the process at least. Hopefully it's someone who'll make us a bit more competitive without destroying us.
(01-14-2021, 11:08 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:41 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:39 AM)Madness Wrote: I hope we stay clear off this Mark Campbell guy. Looks dodgy

I think he will promise the earth and deliver fuck all.

And he looks like Swiss Toni

Running a football club is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...
Most of our signings will be like the brown monster.
(01-14-2021, 10:57 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Difficult to assess without knowing any real details as we don’t really know what plans any suitors might have for the Club.
Wish we could just get the current owners out and replaced with a sound enthusiastic owner who has decent funds and will be willing to invest both on and off the pitch. Someone with genuine measured ambition to move us on to the next level.
Might even get the Halfords tier done !!!!!!!!!!!!! (** runs for cover **)

How many of those are out there? Or how many clubs of our size have managed to get one?
(01-14-2021, 11:11 AM)Mr vertical Wrote: He's a serial preferred bidder so it could very well be him - he knows the process at least. Hopefully it's someone who'll make us a bit more competitive without destroying us.

This sums up perfectly what I don't understand about a large section of our fanbase, we have an owner that in the midst of a pandemic, is running us to our means, yet we wan't him to sell up possibly at a huge loss to someone that HOPEFULLY will make us a bit more competative without destroying us.
(01-14-2021, 11:08 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:41 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:39 AM)Madness Wrote: I hope we stay clear off this Mark Campbell guy. Looks dodgy

I think he will promise the earth and deliver fuck all.

And he looks like Swiss Toni

Running a football club is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...

You need to make the fans scream, put the balls in the net and most importantly of all you need clean white bedsheets.
(01-14-2021, 11:31 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 11:11 AM)Mr vertical Wrote: He's a serial preferred bidder so it could very well be him - he knows the process at least. Hopefully it's someone who'll make us a bit more competitive without destroying us.

This sums up perfectly what I don't understand about a large section of our fanbase, we have an owner that in the midst of a pandemic, is running us to our means, yet we wan't him to sell up possibly at a huge loss to someone that HOPEFULLY will make us a bit more competative without destroying us.

It's daftness, isn't it?

But then this is the fanbase where people pipe up that they'd rather have Chansiri of Sheff Wed as an owner "Because at least he shows an interest".
This Mark Campbell bloke is definitely shifty as fuck.

Here's one of his property companies getting a winding up petition just the other week:
Companies House

Also from what I can tell he was involved in some sort of Mini-cab office scandal in Bexley (next to Sidcup where his companies are registered).  Yes the name is quite common but seems to fit his profile:

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/97841...nts-anchor

Fingers crossed one of the other two is someone less dodgy.
Those who spent years criticising Peace and now criticising Lai....be very careful what you wish for.
Who in their right mind would buy a football club at the moment? Nobody with a brain thats for sure. In these times we're better off with an owner like Lai. Hands off, lets the club run itself on what it generates.

Our issue right now is the 'football side', coaching, scouting. Not the quality of owner.
(01-14-2021, 12:01 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Who in their right mind would buy a football club at the moment? Nobody with a brain thats for sure. In these times we're better off with an owner like Lai. Hands off, lets the club run itself on what it generates.

Our issue right now is the 'football side', coaching, scouting. Not the quality of owner.

Yeah, I don't quite see what Lai has done wrong except for lack of communication with the fanbase. Peace was the same though.