2020 Holiday plans
(06-28-2020, 07:30 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: A walking holiday with Fulham Fallout.

I’m doing that as well.

Oh do keep up Nick Big Grin
(06-28-2020, 08:34 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Oh do keep up Nick Big Grin

Save that for the holiday!  Big Grin
(06-28-2020, 09:11 AM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 09:05 AM)Fido Wrote: Might have a look at villas in Italy today. Clubcard vouchers for the Eurotunnel and drive down.

That’s a fair old slog of a drive, done it myself a couple of times, best to allow yourself 2 days and take your time

We drove to Catalonia in Spain last year, stopping for thr night outside Paris each way. I'd happily do it again but give myself 2  stopovers each way instead. Italy, I expect, is further.
(06-28-2020, 10:00 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 09:38 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: August, 6 nights in Edinburgh for when we'd normally be enjoying the Festival.

6 nights for less than 1 in a normal August.

November, Wales for a week.

December TBC.

Subject to Covid...

Do you reckon Scotland will be opening the border by then. To be honest - much as I want to get back there - I wouldn't blame the Scots at all for shutting us out for a while longer.

Unless something catastrophic happens will be on the first flight to Edinburgh on Thursday morning. 

Won't half be weird being there in August without the hustle and bustle of the Festival. 

Looking forward to spending quality time up Arthur's Seat and lapping up a unique experience that will hopefully be once in a lifetime.
(08-01-2020, 09:19 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 09:38 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: August, 6 nights in Edinburgh for when we'd normally be enjoying the Festival.

December TBC.

Subject to Covid...

Do you reckon Scotland will be opening the border by then. To be honest - much as I want to get back there - I wouldn't blame the Scots at all for shutting us out for a while longer.

Unless something catastrophic happens will be on the first flight to Edinburgh on Thursday morning. 

Won't half be weird being there in August without the hustle and bustle of the Festival. 

Looking forward to spending quality time up Arthur's Seat and lapping up a unique experience that will hopefully be once in a lifetime.

fnar fnar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-28-2020, 08:39 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Nothing.

Still not going anywhere.
(08-01-2020, 12:18 PM)igorbalis Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 09:19 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:

December TBC.

Subject to Covid...

fnar fnar

I wondered who'd get there first. 

The double entendre reference, not Arthur's Seat...
Not going anywhere after cancelling our Croatia trip. Enough idiots not social distancing without us joining in. As our group we’re all in the vulnerable group we decided to leave this year alone. Role on 2021.
New York with Mrs Hawks got canned. Dunno when we’ll go but we’ll go.

Was gonna take kids to see bro in Perth at Easter. That got canned as lockdown unfolded so instead became Singapore with an easy reroute, and then canned.

My trip to Stavanger (which I normally make a couple of times a year) I was gonna take a few days hiking round fjords after. Got canned, but I do have to go to Bergen at some point which is even more fun.

Also had a couple of UK breaks (including Bath with Mrs and watching Stewart Lee during) also canned.

So out of a really exciting- looking 2020 holiday-wise, which i needed, only my trip to Puerto de Pollensa got done, and that was only for 4 nights because of work constraints. But I loved it so much I’m going back with just my kids in October. They’ll love it, and it was a bargain after the quarantine... (always turn a negative into a positive if you can).

On the upside, work is flying along, so no complaints from someone lucky enough to actually get into the sky and enjoy a break. Can’t wait for the next though when can actually let go a little.