2020 Holiday plans
August, 6 nights in Edinburgh for when we'd normally be enjoying the Festival.

6 nights for less than 1 in a normal August.

November, Wales for a week.

December TBC.

Subject to Covid...
Off to Spain, 8th July.

It’s all about the timing !
Wink
Cancelled our Croatia holiday in September, due to one of our group of 4 having being diagnosed with a heart problem an 3 of us are on the high risk. Just trying to see if we can get our Jet2 flight money back, as we do not know if we will be able to go next year. So we cannot reschedule.
(06-28-2020, 09:38 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: August, 6 nights in Edinburgh for when we'd normally be enjoying the Festival.

6 nights for less than 1 in a normal August.

November, Wales for a week.

December TBC.

Subject to Covid...

Do you reckon Scotland will be opening the border by then. To be honest - much as I want to get back there - I wouldn't blame the Scots at all for shutting us out for a while longer.
(06-28-2020, 08:30 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: What’s everyone doing this year now that the 14 day self isolation will soon no longer apply for overseas travel to certain countries.

I may go camping and fell walking in the lakes in September for a few days (once kids are all back at school) and dry weather is forecast.

Dry weather in the lakes ? Hmmm
Another one here not flying. Snowdonia in Sept (rearranged from May). Plus hopefully the odd weekend also in England/Wales. Have toyed with the idea of building a campervan for 25 years now so thinking about hiring one for a week to see how that goes.
I'm liking the idea of not getting too close to anyone, anywhere. Much as I want to go away, I'm not sure how welcome we would be and I won't go where I'm not wanted!
Waiting and watching.
We have a campervan, so can set off with little notice, which gives us the flexibility to react according to health advice.
Intention is to camp in the Lakes in a month if it's"open".
We usually go around France or Spain in September. That's still possible, though we'll keep checking the ferry situation.  Maybe the tunnel as it feels safer.
Hopefully the place where our tourer is pitched for the season at Blackrock sands is opening on 13th July, if so we’ll be there most of the time until October just returning home occasionally to see family
Was meant to be at a certain shindig in Somerset this weekend.

Had booked to take the kids to Centreparcs in September, not sure if we’re going to go or delay until next year.

No chance we’re getting on a plane any time soon.
As an aside, we've been informed our tickets for the Moseley Folk festival will carry over to next year. It is what it is.