If the Conservatives win the next election
It's not that they're not "landing punches". IMO Johnson has survived more "knockout blows" than any other PM in history due the fact that most people couldn't give a shit. There are huge swathes of this country that could come home to find him balls deep in their wife and still vote for him.

I'm a huge Corbyn fan and will be voting Labour for the first time in my life this time round but even I recognise that the smears and propaganda have worked and Labour won't win an election with him in charge. As much as I would rather it was other, perceived "charisma" and Teflon-skin when it comes to smears and barbs is more important than policy in this day and age.
(12-10-2019, 10:11 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 04:51 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 07:13 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 04:49 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 07:56 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: As per your OP - we need a more centrist Labour - less extreme anyway. The Corbynistas have hijacked it and get rid of them and there could be a promising period of Labour governments next time. The Irish Times posted this link of an interview with Sheffield United supporters - not sure how representative it is but on a small sample a lot seem to see Corbyn and the leadership as too far left.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk...2?mode=amp
Did you really just use the phrase Corbynista.
I copied the use of it from some of the Jewish community that have been victims of them - not a terrible insult compared to some of the many racist things they have been called by them. Is this really all you can focus on from that link?

Example tweet from Rabbi Andrea:
I was forced to light Chanukah candles under police protection, Corbyinistas militants were discovered organising a march against my synagogue. "There is no threat from the Far Left"? Give me a break, as you have not been able to give me support.
I don't see it as insulting. It's cringeworthy in the extreme and furthers the overall impression if repeating views of others rather than forming your own.

I formed my opinion bssed on tons if evidence provided - but as pointed out by one if the many victims forced out of the party and racially abused by the hard left in Labour, the people who ask for evidence then do not want to see it and respond with party propaganda. You are guilty of parroting this. Why not look at the evidence and then form an opinion rather than being entrenched in a one party view. I have switched from Labour and will maybe switch back when the hard left are gone to the dustbin where they belong - would you stay in Labour no matter what? How far is too far - and how about getting your own opinion yourself.

I've voted in 5 election and for 3 different parties.

Anyone using phrases like Corbynista has long lost me taking them seriously in terms of political debate.
I think the hospital staff and managers should feel ashamed, no one can convince me that
A lack of funding is too blame for a sick  child having to sleep being treated on the floor.in
2019 in a major City in the UK.

This is a failure of decent treatment and care, not one of us would expect a drunk to be treated
In that manner.
(12-11-2019, 10:13 AM)Beano Wrote: I think the hospital staff and managers should feel ashamed, no one can convince me that
A lack of funding is too blame for a sick  child having to sleep being treated on the floor.in

This is a failure of decent treatment and care, not one of us would expect a drunk to be treated
In that manner.

That’s the problem no matter how many facts are presented to you, you won’t accept them. Did you you accept the outright and provable lies that surrounded this story?
(12-11-2019, 11:14 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 10:56 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 10:13 AM)Beano Wrote: I think the hospital staff and managers should feel ashamed, no one can convince me that

In that manner.

That’s the problem no matter how many facts are presented to you, you won’t accept them. Did you you accept the outright and provable lies that surrounded this story?
In fairness lack of funding is only part of the issue. When Labour eventually do get it, will they fix the NHS any more than the last time - problems will remain for such a big and hungry organism. Especially A&E and other areas where demand can rise suddenly or seasonally on a large scale. We had promises in Ireland of fixing the trolley problem and when the new government came in they found they couldn't - it is as bad as ever. I'm not sure if they found that the spend was too big or they couldn't overcome staffing/building/logistic problems but they were shite at it. Ordinarily I'd want Labour to have a shot at it though but the plan and implementation would be as important as the money - and if Labour are spending masses on renationalisation in the first 100 days (and obviously the knock on effect beyond) then you would (I would anyway) wonder about how realistic all this is - but as I say, I would normally want to let them have a go. The Labour party isn't normal under Corbyn now though.

The NHS was functioning far better than it is now before 2010 by pretty much any measure you want to use.
(12-11-2019, 11:14 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: When Labour eventually do get it, will they fix the NHS any more than the last time...

What?
Dunno what this fetishising is with the NHS. Without hard evidence (beyond OECD data), I'm presuming the NHS, for all its benefits, is substantially less effective (due to deliberate and negligent Tory underfunding) than systems run by countries that we ought to compare ourselves with. It was revolutionary after the war, but the world has moved on.
https://data.oecd.org/healthres/health-spending.htm
Get rid of the top earners who are taking the raving piss out of us and streamline from the top . It needs a major overhaul from how they run it not on expenditure. The way its run is a national disgrace .
(12-11-2019, 12:20 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Get rid of the top earners who are taking the raving piss out of us and streamline from the top . It needs a major overhaul from how they run it not on expenditure.   The way its run is a national disgrace .

Oh ffs they are underfunded and no amount of recycling paper clips etc will change that. We may well need to rethink how things work but to pretend that we don’t need more investment is complete oss poo! 

I bet you think there is enough funding for education as well! 

Disneyland is a great place to visit but you do have to leave at some point.
(12-11-2019, 11:35 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 11:18 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 11:14 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: When Labour eventually do get it, will they fix the NHS any more than the last time...

What?

Hard to know what what means. I will try and interpret. 
I'm saying they will find it very difficult to 'fix' the NHS (especially areas like A&E) in my opinion and there will still be problems as there always have been under any government to my recollection even Labour. But normally I would trust them more on the NHS. That was in the whole post but you just selected a small bit. If the NHS was perfect and there were no problems or scandals in Labour's time in office, then obviously I am mistaken.

My dad died in hospital. He'd been in hospital for a while with various complications and was let out early. Later that same night he had to be taken back in. It was around 11pm when he got to hospital. They found a bed for him at midday the following day. He spent the night sat in a chair in a corridor. 

While in hospital a number of issues arose, culminating in him getting up on his own because no one was responding to his calls for assistance - we noticed this happening quite a bit to other patients when we visited. He fell and banged his head, resulting in a stroke which left him dead 5 days later.

The issues of concern, including him not being administered medication for a pre- existing condition, were raised with the coroner. He said he was compiling a dossier of complaints against the hospital. We never heard anything further.

My dad was 83 years old when he was left overnight in a chair in a corridor and subsequently died. The year was 2008.

I hate making any comments on this 'ere politics bored because as the token Stokie I can't really afford to get too involved in anything toxic which politics can be.  

I make no excuses for what's currently happening in the NHS or for Boris' half-arsed/bizarre response to the recent situation in Leeds. But this issue is personal to me. 

It riles me when people make out that the NHS is only now being neglected. Maybe that's because somewhere in the dark depths of my mind it kind of feels like my dad and what happened to him didn't count. Well, he counted to me.

My only point really is that the mess the NHS is in didn't start with this Tory administration. That doesn't mean the Tories shouldn't have moved Heaven and Earth to put it right. Just don't take it as read that a different party will automatically wave that magic wand. They all have form in my opinion.