If the Conservatives win the next election
Which depressingly looks likely, all they are doing is setting themselves up for a huge defeat at the subsequent election. There will be nowhere to hide, no pretending that Brexit is a good thing, no pretending cuts were necessary, no blaming of immigrants, no blaming the EU but I’m sure they’ll try, no pretending they are different from all the other failed Tory governments since 2010, no pretending they are on the side of the working class. 

Enjoy the next five years I suspect it’ll be your last for quite some time if the Labour Party get back to been centre left.
Why are you completely untroubled by Labour antisemitism?
(12-07-2019, 12:01 PM)Neil Parsley Wrote: Why are you completely untroubled by Labour antisemitism?

I don't think DH is advocating voting for Labour. I'm in the same boat as him - desperately hoping the Conservatives don't get a majority to further decimate public services.

It probably won't happen but a hung Parliament with a significant increase in Lib Dem MPs would do me. Boris and JC get fugged off by their parties and replaced by grown-ups closer to the centre. Starmer as leader would return me to the Labour fold.
Sounding bitter about a loss before you have even had the election isn’t a good look Derek
(12-07-2019, 05:09 PM)Sotv Wrote: Sounding bitter about a loss before you have even had the election isn’t a good look Derek

I’m nit been bitter I’m not on a side as I don’t support politic parties like I would a football team. I simply dislike what the Conservatives have done to this country over the last ten years and think Brexit is a monumentally stupid idea. I think your idea of winning and losing is the problem with the entire situation the country finds itself in.

By the way the person who inspired me to put this thread up? Well it was Conservative stalwart, former MP and Thatcherite Jeffrey Archer on LBC last night. Who said similar to what I’ve posted. If it’s not the disastrous policies that will continue it’ll be the British public utterly fed up.
Biggest mistake labour ever did was not to get david Miliband as their leader .......corbyn is unelectable and labour are so far left that if it was the Hawthorns we would be playing at Gregg's............blame the labour members for this shit tip of what has happened .
(12-08-2019, 09:16 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Biggest mistake labour ever did was not to get david Miliband as their leader .......

Do you think he might have been a victim of antisemitism?
(12-07-2019, 07:56 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 06:37 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 05:09 PM)Sotv Wrote: Sounding bitter about a loss before you have even had the election isn’t a good look Derek

I’m nit been bitter I’m not on a side as I don’t support politic parties like I would a football team. I simply dislike what the Conservatives have done to this country over the last ten years and think Brexit is a monumentally stupid idea. I think your idea of winning and losing is the problem with the entire situation the country finds itself in.

By the way the person who inspired me to put this thread up? Well it was Conservative stalwart, former MP and Thatcherite Jeffrey Archer on LBC last night. Who said similar to what I’ve posted. If it’s not the disastrous policies that will continue it’ll be the British public utterly fed up.
As per your OP - we need a more centrist Labour - less extreme anyway. The Corbynistas have hijacked it and get rid of them and there could be a promising period of Labour governments next time. The Irish Times posted this link of an interview with Sheffield United supporters - not sure how representative it is but on a small sample a lot seem to see Corbyn and the leadership as too far left.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk...2?mode=amp
Did you really just use the phrase Corbynista.
(12-08-2019, 04:41 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 09:16 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Biggest mistake labour ever did was not to get david Miliband as their leader .......

Do you think he might have been a victim of antisemitism?

Doubt it they voted his brother in
(12-08-2019, 07:13 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: I copied the use of it from some of the Jewish community that have been victims of them - not a terrible insult compared to some of the many racist things they have been called by them. Is this really all you can focus on from that link?

Example tweet from Rabbi Andrea:
I was forced to light Chanukah candles under police protection, Corbyinistas militants were discovered organising a march against my synagogue. "There is no threat from the Far Left"? Give me a break, as you have not been able to give me support.

First question I'd ask is did the march actually happen?

I'm guessing it didn't. So despite all the creative imagery, literally nothing happened. Hardly an example of antisemitism, is it?  Again, provocative language used to elicit an emotive response, but when you drill down there is no substance to the story. But I guess there is enough for 'committed' people to cite it as 'evidence' for their viewpoint.