Manchester Arndale stabbings
(10-12-2019, 12:57 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 12:28 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 03:26 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 07:13 PM)Morley Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 07:07 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Sorry that’s bollocks. There aren’t exactly a lot of convictions for all these stabbings. People won’t give evidence/report things due to the gang culture that surrounds them. Understanding the issue is the only way to begin to fix it.

Now you are talking bollocks. Under the Singaporean system you don't need any evidence other than possession. Carry the knife do the time for the crime you intended, that is how it works and they have almost no crime. You may not like it and having lived there it is not a system that everyone will like but it works very well for them.

Hi Morley. When were you there and for how long? I lived there from 2006 until 2015. Interesting place!

I lived in Singapore as well. To link a lack of knife crime with its punishment system misses out so many other factors.

For instance...

They are better off than we are. Crime and poverty statistically go hand in hand
wealth is more evenly duistributed - see above.
It's a smaller country - you can't hide your criminal enterprise
they spend more per capita on their police force
They have a far lower 'problem' with all drugs - including alcohol. Abuse and disorderly behaviour is punished severely
 Petty crimes is not tolerated and some would argue punished disproportionately. For example,  picking/arranging fights with other kids and receiving stolen goods is not tolerated.

There are MASSIVE cultural differences.
It makes for a very safe, ordered place, but also quite pedestrian. Which probably explains why they make so much money out of banking...

There's also less  crime in Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein and switzerland.

Yet, they all have more liberal laws than us.

In fact, the only the thing these countries have in common with Singapore is that they have a higher average income than us and wealth is more evenly distributed.

Now come on this country can’t be seen to distribute wealth more evenly.

Yes it can, it happens daily, it also defeats knife crime, you give the mugger your wallet and phone and they don't stab you.
New York doesn’t have an even distribution of wealth yet crime was cut dramatically through a zero tolerance approach.
Hit the fuckers hard like fido said no fucks given sick and tired of pampering to these tossers who think they can do what they like .
(10-13-2019, 05:57 AM)Fido Wrote: New York doesn’t have an even distribution of wealth yet crime was cut dramatically through a zero tolerance approach.

(10-13-2019, 06:05 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Hit the fuckers hard like fido said no fucks given sick and tired of pampering to these tossers who think they can do what they like .

I always think it’s worth checking the facts first before making ill informed comments. New York cut crime but from a ludicrously high mark. If you compare London and New York (similar sized cities), London still has a lower murder rate despite the spin about hard hitting crime crack downs.

New York compared to London
(10-13-2019, 08:14 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-13-2019, 05:57 AM)Fido Wrote: New York doesn’t have an even distribution of wealth yet crime was cut dramatically through a zero tolerance approach.

(10-13-2019, 06:05 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Hit the fuckers hard like fido said no fucks given sick and tired of pampering to these tossers who think they can do what they like .

I always think it’s worth checking the facts first before making ill informed comments. New York cut crime but from a ludicrously high mark. If you compare London and New York (similar sized cities), London still has a lower murder rate despite the spin about hard hitting crime crack downs.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/16/murder-gr...s-9971033/
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B1NyWbhCxZE

We live in a “I’m alright Jack” culture and I can do what I like attitude. And the ones at the top are doing just fine, the ones at the bottom in the sink estates, metal health issues, poor schooling, poor housing, lack of community and hopelessness find solace in getting off their tits on a daily basis. That brings crime and prostitution, this brings gangs and gangs bring the violence.

Treat carrying a knife as intent, no problem with that, but remember that's the symptom you’re treating not the cause.
(10-13-2019, 09:14 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B1NyWbhCxZE

We live in a “I’m alright Jack” culture and I can do what I like attitude.  And the ones at the top are doing just fine, the ones at the bottom in the sink estates, metal health issues, poor schooling, poor housing, lack of community and hopelessness find solace in getting off their tits on a daily basis.  That brings crime and prostitution, this brings gangs and gangs bring the violence.

Treat carrying a knife as intent, no problem with that, but remember that's the symptom you’re treating not the cause.

Never a truer word spoken on here.
If you've been to central New York, one of the first things you'll notice is the amount of police around. 

The second thing you'll notice if you stick around is how much it costs to live there. The amount of 'affordable' housing has gone down and down. Like central London, it's a rich persons playground.

So, as I said, the fall in crime is directly related to average income and equality of distribution.

Use the statistics of New York as a whole and you'll find that crime in the conurbation of New York is actually rising, not falling. They've also reallocated the policing budget to the rich central areas at the expense of the poor outlying areas. 

The same old combination of manipulating statistics to lie to the gullible whilst looking after no. 1, eh?
(10-13-2019, 09:14 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B1NyWbhCxZE

We live in a “I’m alright Jack” culture and I can do what I like attitude.  And the ones at the top are doing just fine, the ones at the bottom in the sink estates, metal health issues, poor schooling, poor housing, lack of community and hopelessness find solace in getting off their tits on a daily basis.  That brings crime and prostitution, this brings gangs and gangs bring the violence.

What I find really sad is when the people at the bottom of the pile have an 'I'm alright Jack' seemingly unable to realise they're the ones being shat on from a great height by the privileged minority who are sneering and laughing at them.

It so frustrating, despite all the evidence, nothing gets through.
(10-13-2019, 08:14 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

You dont have to compare anything they cut crime by having zero tolerance that's the way to do it .....and I would have a 3 strikes for violent crime ......enough is enough let the rats rot .