The what we learnt tonight thread
(10-01-2019, 09:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: A defeat was due, and that is the best way to get one. 
Pace, movement and attacking intent, this team is truly something.
The grumpy old gitts will whine on about the strength up front, but personally I think Diangana and Pereira both hesitated in shots on occasions tonight. 
Other days like this we will have 3 or 4.
Johnson a fine keeper- let it be known. 
Take tonight in your stride- there won’t be many defeats.

Unless we have an awful spate of injuries, HRK should never start another game.
In terms of pure footballing skill, Pereira is the best player to wear an Albion shirt in a very long time. If we can get him for 9 million, we should bite their hands off. After all, Kenneth reportedly cost almost that......
Surely by now, Johnstone has done more than enough to silence the moronic boo boys - but I won't hold my breath.
I can't wait for the Ajayi/Hegazi partnership at the back - will be awesome, because Semi is some player.
(10-01-2019, 09:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: A defeat was due, and that is the best way to get one. 
The grumpy old gitts will whine on about the strength up front, but personally I think Diangana and Pereira both hesitated in shots on occasions tonight. 

4/5 defeats across the season = promotion.
(10-02-2019, 08:33 AM)brada_wba Wrote: HRK is awful. Just play Austin until he hits the goals. He's proven.

Agree with this. I agreed with the decision to start HRK last night but he was atrocious and his movement was non-existent.
(10-02-2019, 06:39 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: So to clarify we played well but couldn’t find that final ball / chance to get something out the game partly due to our decision making and partly due to the effort and quality and motivation of the opposition.  

I've said this on here every week after the last few games. It's the only criticism I can level at the team currently - we just do not create clear cut chances.

I'm not sure if it is poor decision making or our forwards not making the correct movement. For example, last night during the second half, one of our players (possibly Pereira, but will go with him to illustrate)) managed to get to the byeline. We had 2 players rushing into the 6 yard area (though Leeds had numbers there too) but the cross missed both of them and the chance was gone. However. there was loads of space around the penalty spot. I think one of our players was trying to get there but he may have been too far behind the play. Did Pereira play the ball across the 6 yard box because he didn't spot the space behind or because we had no-one there?

Despite the defeat, that was still a really impressive performance. Leeds fans were relieved at the final whistle. I think had we had the same team as last season, we would have been blown away first half by Leeds' energy. Very positive about the season ahead.
(10-02-2019, 08:43 AM)74bus Wrote:

In terms of pure footballing skill, Pereira is the best player to wear an Albion shirt in a very long time. If we can get him for 9 million, we should bite their hands off. After all, Kenneth reportedly cost almost that......
Surely by now, Johnstone has done more than enough to silence the moronic boo boys - but I won't hold my breath.
I can't wait for the Ajayi/Hegazi partnership at the back - will be awesome, because Semi is some player.

Are you turning blue yet?? 

The "moronic boo boys" which I assume refers to me, will acknowledge when he plays well. He played well last night. 

His limitations are there for all fair minded fans to see. He is beaten too easily from distance, and doesn't command his area. Teams that attack those weaknesses do well against us. Leeds played more like a Prem team last night, and SJ dealt with their threats admirably. He may well be better suited to Prem league, where it is more about reflexes, rather than movement of feet, or commanding your area.

He had a good game last night. Let's see how he deals with the directness of Cardiff on Saturday.
Johnstone is a decent keeper but he has foster in the shadows and his compaired to him which is totally unfair cut him some slack and get behind him you might get the best out of him if he feels every mistake is a life or death as some of our fans treat it .
As for bartley he was ok last night against a very lively attack it was one of those things that he stuck his leg out and unfortunately it went in . Shit happens
(10-02-2019, 11:39 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 08:43 AM)74bus Wrote:

Are you turning blue yet?? 

The "moronic boo boys" which I assume refers to me, will acknowledge when he plays well. He played well last night. 

His limitations are there for all fair minded fans to see. He is beaten too easily from distance, and doesn't command his area. Teams that attack those weaknesses do well against us. Leeds played more like a Prem team last night, and SJ dealt with their threats admirably. He may well be better suited to Prem league, where it is more about reflexes, rather than movement of feet, or commanding your area.

He had a good game last night. Let's see how he deals with the directness of Cardiff on Saturday.

Out of interest, do you add such a caveat when praising the individual performances of players other than Johnstone?
(10-01-2019, 09:31 PM)NewPoster Wrote:

Evening Don!

He insists on calling him that. Saft.
(10-02-2019, 07:17 AM)BasingBaggie Wrote: I learnt that drinking whiskey in Leeds after the game does not end well.  The presenter for Leeds TV has a fantastic rack.

We were excellent second half and deserved a point. Not been this optimistic after a defeat in a long time

And a quick google of "Leeds TV presenter" clearly shows she likes displaying them as well

Top Rack!

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Did we really learn anything?

We came away to a very good team, who beat us. It really is that simple. Let's move on to Cardiff, a game we should win.

(10-02-2019, 08:33 AM)brada_wba Wrote: HRK is awful. Just play Austin until he hits the goals. He's proven.

I'm risking having 'tedious idiot' childishly brandished against me again here, but HRK’s performance was no better or worse (HRK was poor, don’t get me wrong) than Austin's performance against QPR.

It’s amazing the amount of stick HRK gets, usually he improves us as a team, has put in some great performances for us (Leeds at home last year, particularly) and works his nuts off. Yes he lacks quality a lot of the time, and is obviously limited, but there does seem to be an agenda against him, when other players are just as bad at times, if not worse.

I'd personally give Zohore a run in the side, he looks like a good hold up player to me, who will cause problems. Or even give Edwards a try. Hopefully Austin finds fitness ASAP, but he looks a long way off being fully fit, to me.

HRK is seemingly better as an impact sub, to give us renewed energy up front. I don’t think he should be starting games.
Clarnet v2.0