The what we learnt tonight thread
A defeat was due, and that is the best way to get one. 
Pace, movement and attacking intent, this team is truly something.
The grumpy old gitts will whine on about the strength up front, but personally I think Diangana and Pereira both hesitated in shots on occasions tonight. 
Other days like this we will have 3 or 4.
Johnson a fine keeper- let it be known. 
Take tonight in your stride- there won’t be many defeats.
(10-01-2019, 09:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: A defeat was due, and that is the best way to get one. 
The grumpy old gitts will whine on about the strength up front, but personally I think Diangana and Pereira both hesitated in shots on occasions tonight. 

Agreed, apart from the striking situation which I think should not be ignored. Then again we can't do anything about it until January, and we won't play teams like Leeds every game. So that's it from me, no more mentioning how poor I think our recognised strikers are. (exception is if any of them miss a sitter and I say something like he should have buried it etc...).
Only watched the second half and I thought we were fantastic and unlucky not to get an equaliser. Our passing and movement was a joy to watch. Getting beat by an own goal away at the promotion favourites is no disgrace.
I didn't expected us to dominate the football so much, we couldn't have done that last season and it proves what a good side we are and will become. I'm massively shocked at what i've seen lately, I can't believe how a club i thought was on its arse in May is back functioning again. Fair play to all involved, lets crack on and make sure this isn't a flash in the pan.
Leeds keeper didn't have to make a save all night

Sam Johnstone is a very good keeper

Kyle Bartley scored
Plus this team has gelled so quickly, Ferguson,Ajeyi,Furlong,Sawyers,Pereira,Krov,Austin,Diangana,Zahore all new to the team.Quite something.
(10-01-2019, 09:15 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: Leeds keeper didn't have to make a save all night

Sam Johnstone is a very good keeper

Kyle Bartley scored
What about that Pereira effort he turned round the post?
Agree we didn’t test him enough though. As I said there were occasions that a shot was required and our silky smooth artists were the culprits.
For those complaining about the strikers, Bilic is asking them to be a cog in the attack not a center target. They need to pass, open spaces through movement and runs, assist, and yes shoot. What matters is if the team is scoring, not who in this system. Bilic talked about this in an interview. Thats why he's happy with Austin even though he hasn't scored yet, because he is playing team ball and helping create opportunities. A striker in this system is not all about scoring.

Obviously tonight that didn't happen as much, which is why I was hoping for Austin to come on. The defenders have to assign a man and follow him because he's dangerous, which creates a lot of space our other playmakers.
Didn't learn more than we already know. 
We have outstanding players playing behind the striker.
Robson-Kanu is ok as an impact sub but no more.
We need Austin fit.
We look better defending than last season.
We need to Dial G in January  Big Grin
(10-01-2019, 09:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: A defeat was due, and that is the best way to get one. 

Evening Don!