The what we learnt tonight thread
(10-02-2019, 06:58 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 06:39 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: We lost to a very pumped up Leeds team, needing to win after failing to do so in the previous four. We were away from home, playing in front of a full house. Leeds will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season and out everything into that game as the scenes at the end of the game showed.

So to clarify we played well but couldn’t find that final ball / chance to get something out the game partly due to our decision making and partly due to the effort and quality and motivation of the opposition.  

It’s a sign we lost, given the traffic on here yesterday previous to that it was only the Politics section keeping this place going.

The end.

(10-02-2019, 06:31 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 09:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: A defeat was due, and that is the best way to get one. 
Pace, movement and attacking intent, this team is truly something.
The grumpy old gitts will whine on about the strength up front, but personally I think Diangana and Pereira both hesitated in shots on occasions tonight. 
Other days like this we will have 3 or 4.
Johnson a fine keeper- let it be known. 
Take tonight in your stride- there won’t be many defeats.
I think you will find you mean the ‘grumpy young gitts’ . We old uns have seen it all before and far, far worse. We do take it in our stride. It’s the modern, ‘ I want it now’ generation (and the Dingle and Vile infiltrators on here) that do the whining.

Pfft the Baby Boom generation will go down as the most selfish, wasteful and self indulgent UK society in generations.
Not going to inflict your continuing spat with me on the readers of the main bored. So will just say this. You are a tit. What has a your assertion got to do with whinging about  football? 

See the Politics bored for your answer.

You brought nonsense about age and different generations into it. We got narrowly beat by a promotion rival... that’s what we learnt whatever generation you’re from.
We played well and are a match for the very best in the division.
We need a Striker who can finish.

Johnstone played well, although Leeds didn't test his known weaknesses
Great second half but we cannot keep starting games so slowly .sawyers in particular,I do think we overplay the passing at times as well
What did I learn?

What I already knew. We are a fucking good team.
I learnt that drinking whiskey in Leeds after the game does not end well. The presenter for Leeds TV has a fantastic rack.

We were excellent second half and deserved a point. Not been this optimistic after a defeat in a long time
(10-02-2019, 07:17 AM)BasingBaggie Wrote: I learnt that drinking whiskey in Leeds after the game does not end well.  The presenter for Leeds TV has a fantastic rack.

We were excellent second half and deserved a point. Not been this optimistic after a defeat in a long time

Bolt ons??
(10-02-2019, 07:06 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: We played well  and are a match for the very best in the division.

I would have liked us to test their keepers known weakness (poor on crosses) more. Too many short or low corners.
(10-02-2019, 07:36 AM)Big Cyrille Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 07:06 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: We played well  and are a match for the very best in the division.

I would have liked us to test their keepers known weakness (poor on crosses) more. Too many short or low corners.

Agree - and this was said time and again in commentary. We do miss Brunt's quality from set pieces, but he would have been blowing out of his arse after 10 mins in this game.
(10-02-2019, 07:38 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 07:36 AM)Big Cyrille Wrote:

Agree - and this was said time and again in commentary. We do miss Brunt's quality from set pieces, but he would have been blowing out of his arse after 10 mins in this game.

Phillips just shouldn't take them and leave them to Matheus.
HRK is awful. Just play Austin until he hits the goals. He's proven.