Pulis return on the cards...
(09-30-2019, 05:58 AM)Sunshine Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 04:56 AM)4-hero Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 04:52 AM)Sunshine Wrote: Can't sink low enough for Me, vile club and supporters with maybe one or two exceptions.

How many BNP councillors did they elect? Ignorant bigoted bunch that deserve Pulis

3, the same amount as Sandwell. do your homework before coming out with moronic statements.

Equally moronic if not more so to get the figure incorrect after presumably doing your homework. Bnp had 5 councillors in Stoke.

Deprived areas that have got pissed on for decades in the current setup vote for a change. Unfortunately, that change doesn't really have their interest at heart and is just manipulating them even more than the previous lot.

Not really a surprise is it? I would say it's happened numerous times in history.

It's more sad than surprising. Nobody comes out of it with any credit.
(09-30-2019, 07:54 AM)Big Cyrille Wrote: No issue with Stoke since Pulis left them.
And DK more than welcome on here.

Cheers BC.
Tony going back down Sir Stanley Matthews Way would give DK even more of a reason to be on here imo. A lot in common between two regions too.
(09-30-2019, 09:33 AM)Mr vertical Wrote: Tony going back down Sir Stanley Matthews Way would give DK even more of a reason to be on here imo. 

In a 'moth drawn to a flame' kind of way maybe.  Big Grin
(09-30-2019, 09:27 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 07:54 AM)Big Cyrille Wrote: No issue with Stoke since Pulis left them.

Cheers BC.

I liked Stoke when I lived there (people are very friendly (apart from some of their football supporters not you DK) but it suffers like the Black Country with Lookbackitus and gets trapped with longing for past glories rather than moving forward and reinventing itself. It’s fortunate to have a University to make it more cosmopolitan and outward looking but unless like ourselves it modernises and is given funding from national government it’ll continue to blame everything and anything for its current malaise.
(09-30-2019, 10:17 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 09:27 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Cheers BC.

I liked Stoke when I lived there (people are very friendly (apart from some of their football supporters not you DK) but it suffers like the Black Country with Lookbackitus and gets trapped with longing for past glories rather than moving forward and reinventing itself. It’s fortunate to have a University to make it more cosmopolitan and outward looking but unless like ourselves it modernises and is given funding from national government it’ll continue to blame everything and anything for its current malaise.

Reckon you are right, DH. On the occasions I've worked there I found the people very friendly and there are many, many similarities to the Sandwell and Dudley areas. 
Re the football team, I don't have any strong feelings either way since we finally shook off that bogey.