Smoking Ban
(04-17-2024, 05:52 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: And just like that, Rishi creates another (and even more harmful) black market.

What a pathetic, headline-grabbing policy this is, that probably won’t clear all obstacles anyway. Desperation politics.
Hawks I really respect you as a bloke so I’m not gonna argue with you on this.

Mainly cos I ay arsed about it either way.
Someone could have been killed
(04-18-2024, 07:05 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 04:23 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: How do you know?

As a number of people have observed what is also to stop people buying them and selling/passing them on?

How do I know? I can be pretty sure that no one would fund the case in the first place.

There's nothing to stop people passing them on. Just like there's nothing to stop kids buying illicit drugs. I'm not sure what your point is.

Time will tell, surely it is the interest of the tobacco industry to fund it?

My point is that the legislation is likely to be challenged and it will not work. I of course may well be wrong.
(04-18-2024, 08:54 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 08:51 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Yeah, there's absolutely no chance that the tobacco industry would fund a proxy case in order to protect its own interests.

That's precisely the point. The ONLY funder would be the tobacco industry. How would the optics of that look for them, do you think?

Well, they DO have that unblemished public reputation to protect, so you may have a point.

They'll fund some media friendly dupe, pay for their legal fees and it'll be trial by proxy.  The same way that pro-lifers etc get funded by dubious right wing groups, marginalised individuals get funded by civil rights groups etc...
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(04-17-2024, 02:43 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote: What happens if some lawyer takes the government to court on the grounds of age discrimination?

Dont worry the UK Tax payers pay the bill

So RHM dont give a fuck as its their friends that are earning a fortune from the idiots, who create this shite

Same with the illegals & boats nonsense

'dont bite the hand that puts champers on the table'