Don Goodman
He's spot on, we're not, thankfully we have the best manager in the division

By a distance

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Dingle Don says it best when he says nothing at all. The big empty headed numpty.   Still, keep putting us down, it is just building the pressure on Big Picture Wanderers.
(01-17-2024, 03:55 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport/foo...EB-E-IkOIM

What an absolute pelican

Arf!

Correct, he's always piping up. We are where we deserve to be and these players are hardly league 1/2 has beens.
(01-17-2024, 05:20 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:
(01-17-2024, 05:19 PM)Supamart Wrote: Complete twat, with a crap hairstyle.

Like the moronic bastard child of Don King and Lionel Richie.

Fuck me! I’ve just spat my tea out with that. Post of the year winner already!
(01-17-2024, 05:57 PM)Cuzer Wrote: He's spot on, we're not, thankfully we have the best manager in the division

By a distance

Cuzer

Which teams are better than us out of interest?

The three relegated sides definitely have better squads than us, but after those 3 I’m struggling to see any squad I would say is miles ahead of us. 

This side is player for player, around 4-8th best in the league. Carlos is doing a fantastic job given the off the field issues, but judging by the players we have, it’s not a miracle we are 5th. It’s about par for the course.

Palmer, Kipré, Furlong, Yokuslu, Mowatt, Molumby, Swift, Wallace, Grady, and even a fit again Dike would get into the vast majority of teams in this league.
I'm never really been interested in anything Dingle Don has to say, he's a poor excuse of a media expert. Says anything controversial to gain a reaction.
The league positions are almost exactly as most people believed it would be before the season started.
As I see it Ipswich are higher then anyone predicted, several other side's who were expected to be pushing for a play off place have struggled. Namely Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Norwich, Watford, this has helped us comfortably sit in 5th where most of us thought 7th, 8th or 9th would be our level
Overachieving definitely not, if a few other results had gone our way we could have been pushing for automatic promotion. Financial restrictions and injuries to key players have actually impacted our progress.
IMO 5th is exactly where we should be, but with fine margins, can we hold on to a play off place only time will tell. As for DD he needs to keep up.
(01-17-2024, 08:04 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-17-2024, 05:20 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:
(01-17-2024, 05:19 PM)Supamart Wrote: Complete twat, with a crap hairstyle.

Like the moronic bastard child of Don King and Lionel Richie.

Fuck me! I’ve just spat my tea out with that. Post of the year winner already!

I thought it was slightly harsh on Lionel Richie, one would have thought he'd have a bit more class...
(01-18-2024, 05:18 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-17-2024, 05:57 PM)Cuzer Wrote: He's spot on, we're not, thankfully we have the best manager in the division

By a distance

Cuzer

The three relegated sides definitely have better squads than us, but after those 3 I’m struggling to see any squad I would say is miles ahead of us. 

This side is player for player, around 4-8th best in the league. Carlos is doing a fantastic job given the off the field issues, but judging by the players we have, it’s not a miracle we are 5th. It’s about par for the course.

Palmer, Kipré, Furlong, Yokuslu, Mowatt, Molumby, Swift, Wallace, Grady, and even a fit again Dike would get into the vast majority of teams in this league.

The ones you list would get into the vast majority of teams now because they are playing so well. A few wouldn't have at the start of the season.This is what CC has done, he's improved individuals who many had written off. The squad was predicted middle of the table by many papers, Internet sites, bookies and our own support.
(01-18-2024, 05:18 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

By a distance

Cuzer

I think our midfield (central and wide attackers) is the best outside of the 3 relegated teams. We have one of the best keepers in the league too.

Defence is probably mid-table with a manager that's getting much more than the sum of their parts. Up front we're lacking in options (at least we have been so far). Maybe if Dike can stay fit and with Weimann providing some depth we're top half in the striker department.
Defence is the 2nd lowest GA in the division. Obvs, that's not just the defence but also midfield and keeper but I'd say its unfair to write them off as mid table personally. There's some decent players across the back line.

I'd say our front line is distinctively mid table, no disrespect to BTA
Would rather talk to ChatGPT