Queue Watch
(09-15-2022, 01:14 PM)SophLad Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 01:11 PM)Duffers Wrote: Problem I have is that I’m quite introverted and there is nothing I hate more than awkward small talk with strangers. The prospect of being stuck in a queue for 24 hours with nothing but pensioners and Daily Mail readers in plastic Union Jack hats either side makes me want to contemplate chucking myself into the Thames.

God, I never thought about that.  Stood next to wannabee Giles Brandreth types for 30 odd hours.

Have Paddy Power offered odds on whether some old dear will die whilst in the queue yet?

I think if they drop you just step around them.
(09-15-2022, 01:18 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 01:14 PM)SophLad Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 01:11 PM)Duffers Wrote: Problem I have is that I’m quite introverted and there is nothing I hate more than awkward small talk with strangers. The prospect of being stuck in a queue for 24 hours with nothing but pensioners and Daily Mail readers in plastic Union Jack hats either side makes me want to contemplate chucking myself into the Thames.

God, I never thought about that.  Stood next to wannabee Giles Brandreth types for 30 odd hours.

Have Paddy Power offered odds on whether some old dear will die whilst in the queue yet?

I think if they drop you just step around them.

I'd imagine some quite nasty tutting, at the very least. Maybe even a huff.
(09-14-2022, 05:50 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 05:28 PM)MassDebater Wrote: What are you calling the non UK people who have flown over to join said queue?

I wouldn't do it, but fair play to those who want to.

I'm just waiting for Lenny Henry to complain that there are too many white faces in the queue...

Despite the mocking tone I actually do respect people’s right to honour the Queen however they want.

The queue stretches from Westminster Abbey to London fucking Bridge! To spend hours joylessly shuffling along the Thames path without resting, sleeping, stopping for food/drink seems utterly bizarre to me. It’s like some weird medieval torture.

As I said. It symbolises our weird relationship with the royals. Good luck to those doing it but I won’t pretend I don’t think it’s insane.

Have you been to Disney, pal?  Big Grin Big Grin
(09-15-2022, 01:34 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 05:28 PM)MassDebater Wrote: What are you calling the non UK people who have flown over to join said queue?

I'm just waiting for Lenny Henry to complain that there are too many white faces in the queue...

Despite the mocking tone I actually do respect people’s right to honour the Queen however they want.

The queue stretches from Westminster Abbey to London fucking Bridge! To spend hours joylessly shuffling along the Thames path without resting, sleeping, stopping for food/drink seems utterly bizarre to me. It’s like some weird medieval torture.

As I said. It symbolises our weird relationship with the royals. Good luck to those doing it but I won’t pretend I don’t think it’s insane.

Probably.  It's a small world, after all.
(09-15-2022, 01:41 PM)SophLad Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 01:34 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Probably.  It's a small world, after all.
Big Grin
6 hours, now back to the back to do it again.
(09-15-2022, 01:56 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: 6 hours, now back to the back to do it again.

I'm going to get a job lot of Vera Lynn CDs and PG Tips and make a fuggin killing.
(09-15-2022, 01:58 PM)SophLad Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 01:56 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: 6 hours, now back to the back to do it again.

I'm going to get a job lot of Vera Lynn CDs and PG Tips and make a fuggin killing

PG Tips. Oooh, no.

If you've seriously done this baggiebloke, fair fucking dues to yer. Ignore these on here and do what you wish to pay your respects.

I wasn't invited. I should warn you though, I am up for the second support role in the new star wars blockbuster, so if you want any chance of your review being published, you'd better start writing your angry reviews now...