Queue Watch
(09-14-2022, 05:38 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Tbf a lot of those folks probably think we’re mental spending 20+ weekends or evenings traipsing up The Hawthorns to watch us not win games…

TBF they probably ain't far wrong.
(09-14-2022, 05:28 PM)MassDebater Wrote: What are you calling the non UK people who have flown over to join said queue?

I wouldn't do it, but fair play to those who want to.

I'm just waiting for Lenny Henry to complain that there are too many white faces in the queue...

Despite the mocking tone I actually do respect people’s right to honour the Queen however they want.

The queue stretches from Westminster Abbey to London fucking Bridge! To spend hours joylessly shuffling along the Thames path without resting, sleeping, stopping for food/drink seems utterly bizarre to me. It’s like some weird medieval torture.

As I said. It symbolises our weird relationship with the royals. Good luck to those doing it but I won’t pretend I don’t think it’s insane.
I'm dreading pulis dying and seeing Derek doing a months mourning 0))))))
I queued overnight to get Utd away tickets for the opening day of the season after Megson took us up.
(09-14-2022, 05:50 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 05:28 PM)MassDebater Wrote: What are you calling the non UK people who have flown over to join said queue?

I'm just waiting for Lenny Henry to complain that there are too many white faces in the queue...

Despite the mocking tone I actually do respect people’s right to honour the Queen however they want.

The queue stretches from Westminster Abbey to London fucking Bridge! To spend hours joylessly shuffling along the Thames path without resting, sleeping, stopping for food/drink seems utterly bizarre to me. It’s like some weird medieval torture.

As I said. It symbolises our weird relationship with the royals. Good luck to those doing it but I won’t pretend I don’t think it’s insane.

I'm a royalist and TBF it is a bit eccentric! They've allowed for a maximum TEN mile queue!!!
(09-14-2022, 05:38 PM)SophLad Wrote: Thought this was about trying to get a half time beer in the Smethwick

More chance of seeing our late Queen.
(09-14-2022, 06:03 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

I'm a royalist and TBF it is a bit eccentric! They've allowed for a maximum TEN mile queue!!!

Before the pandemic when I worked regularly in central London I would often run from Westminster, along the South Bank and all the way along the Thames Path to Greenwich, it’s about ten miles.

Be interested to see what their plan for the queue is after London Bridge because if it carries on along the river then you end up in the estates at Bermondsey and then Deptford. Those are parts of the world that you do not want to be hanging around in late at night, or during the day for that matter.
(09-14-2022, 06:17 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 06:03 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

Before the pandemic when I worked regularly in central London I would often run from Westminster, along the South Bank and all the way along the Thames Path to Greenwich, it’s about ten miles.

Be interested to see what their plan for the queue is after London Bridge because if it carries on along the river then you end up in the estates at Bermondsey and then Deptford. Those are parts of the world that you do not want to be hanging around in late at night, or during the day for that matter.

TBF there'll be a big queue to help prevent badness i'd guess?
The queue is now 2.6 miles long. I’d imagine it would make a brilliant pub crawl.
It's a great atmosphere.

Some chick in Edinburgh did it 7 times .. gonna be tough to beat that.