Queue Watch
Queueing to see a coffin - mad
Supporting WBA- there's no words for it...
4.4 miles the queue currently stands at…
(09-15-2022, 01:00 PM)Duffers Wrote: 4.4 miles the queue currently stands at…

Wait until the Scousers turn up on Saturday at 10 to 3, snatching pensioners' wristbands.
(09-15-2022, 01:06 PM)SophLad Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 01:00 PM)Duffers Wrote: 4.4 miles the queue currently stands at…

Wait until the Scousers turn up on Saturday at 10 to 3, snatching pensioners' wristbands.

The Great Westminster Jib is currently scheduled for 10.59 on Monday.
(09-14-2022, 09:50 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: It's a great atmosphere.

Some chick in Edinburgh did it 7 times .. gonna be tough to beat that.

Reminds me of the time me and my brothers jibbed onto the Rapids at Alton Towers 4 times in a row by ducking under the bridge everyone was queueing on.  High fives all round.
I don't get it either, but as I've said whatever floats someone's boat so long as it's not doing harm.

As a way of perspective though a friend told me last night of his 9 year old daughter's friend's mum who died of cancer last week. She was a women in her late 30s who leaves two primary school children and a struggle for the husband. That's proper sadness.

Therefore wailing over a 96 year old privileged woman does seem strange to put it mildly.
(09-14-2022, 05:23 PM)boingingjim Wrote: I do laugh when people who upon reaching adulthood puberty still don't comprehend that someone may have a completely different view to them.  People wanting to pay respects for the monarch of the country for 70 years is not "mental" (or at least no more mental than standing in a muddy field for 4 days watching bands play).

Big Grin
Problem I have is that I’m quite introverted and there is nothing I hate more than awkward small talk with strangers. The prospect of being stuck in a queue for 24 hours with nothing but pensioners and Daily Mail readers in plastic Union Jack hats either side makes me want to contemplate chucking myself into the Thames.
(09-15-2022, 01:11 PM)Duffers Wrote: Problem I have is that I’m quite introverted and there is nothing I hate more than awkward small talk with strangers. The prospect of being stuck in a queue for 24 hours with nothing but pensioners and Daily Mail readers in plastic Union Jack hats either side makes me want to contemplate chucking myself into the Thames.

God, I never thought about that.  Stood next to wannabee Giles Brandreth types for 30 odd hours.

Have Paddy Power offered odds on whether some old dear will die whilst in the queue yet?
(09-14-2022, 09:54 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Queueing to see a coffin - mad
Supporting WBA- there's no words for it...

I guess the people concerned won't be able to attend the actual funeral so perhaps it's the next best thing to pay their respects.  

One woman interviewed explained that it was a spur of the moment decision but she just felt compelled to come to London to 'pay her respects' to the Queen for everything the Queen had done for the Nation over the past 70 years;  it's not an unreasonable argument.

As far as I'm concerned people can do what they want if it's harmless.