Pereira
(01-31-2021, 12:48 PM)Squid Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 12:44 PM)Bilic's Beard Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 03:09 AM)Squid Wrote: It's maybe wrong to think this, but when he plays well, I think about the money we'll hopefully be able to sell him for. Him and Johnstone will help our Championship war chest no end.

I feel sad I'm not able to see the magic in person though.

Do you really think any money we get from selling those two if we go down will go towards a promotion push ? I tell you were it will go , straight into our chairman's trouser pocket to help soften the fact that his investment will be worth less than half he paid for it .

Considering he's kept his hand out of the till so far, I do think so, yes.

I’ve said it endless times on here.  He CANNOT take significant money out from player sales as he’s not owed money by the club and the only other lawful way to take it out is through paying dividends out of distributable profits - of which we have next to none, at least by the end of this season.  Basic company law.   People get confused by the asset-stripping that has taken place at other clubs which had loads of debt - that’s a key difference.
(01-31-2021, 05:49 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 03:09 AM)Squid Wrote: It's maybe wrong to think this, but when he plays well, I think about the money we'll hopefully be able to sell him for. Him and Johnstone will help our Championship war chest no end.

Do you really think any money we get from selling those two if we go down will go towards a promotion push ? I tell you were it will go , straight into our chairman's trouser pocket to help soften the fact that his investment will be worth less than half he paid for it .

I’ve said it endless times on here.  He CANNOT take significant money out from player sales as he’s not owed money by the club and the only other lawful way to take it out is through paying dividends out of distributable profits - of which we have next to none, at least by the end of this season.  Basic company law.   People get confused by the asset-stripping that has taken place at other clubs which had loads of debt - that’s a key difference.

Exactly.

I'm surprised the purchase was funded Equity, rather than an element of Inter-company loan. This would have given the Chinese an avenue to withdraw cash.

Can we just get this stickied to the top of the board?
(01-31-2021, 06:49 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

I'm surprised the purchase was funded Equity, rather than an element of Inter-company loan. This would have given the Chinese an avenue to withdraw cash.

All the purchase price went to Peace, so no that wouldn’t have worked.  I hate those deals - Burnley could get stripped over their new deal.