Inavovich
(12-30-2020, 03:13 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 03:00 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Hegazi is almost exactly the kind of player we'll be now be looking to sign

Worse sale in recent years

Ivanovic is appalling & so obviously well past it. Watch him for Leeds 5th goal.

When you go up intention is to buy better players not worse ones

He's still on the pitch, nearly finished turning now.

He didn't sign or pick himself.
(12-30-2020, 03:00 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Hegazi is almost exactly the kind of player we'll be now be looking to sign

Worse sale in recent years

Ivanovic is appalling & so obviously well past it. Watch him for Leeds 5th goal.

When you go up intention is to buy better players not worse ones

+1

When we sold Hegazi our intentions and ambitions became so much clearer.

The peak of penny pinching.
(12-30-2020, 05:36 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 10:37 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: He can perform as part of a 5, with others doing his running. This takes a player out of midfield where we are lightweight already.

The alternative is we adopt a Pulisesque deep defensive line, and he plays like GMac, but again this doesn't suit us.

Another inappropriate signing, eating into our meagre budget.

GMac was very tall, 6'5" or so, big advantage in the aerial duels. And even on his last legs he had a bit of pace about him. Ivanovic doesn't look as good as GMac did age for age.

It may have been a cheap signing, but also lazy. As a rule I don't believe managers always succeed when they try to buy quality and influence. For instance Fletcher worked out very well and Barry was (IMO) little short of disastrous. Better coaches have something of their own to instill into players
Really good point. gMac's exceptional height meant he was about danger at set pieces etc and gained him an advantage on 90 per cent of those he came up against. Ivanovic at 6 1 is a decent sized defender, but his legs have gone. He's little improvement on me now as I'm the same height, but my hair is better.
(12-30-2020, 10:32 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: A budget signing.

Not good enough.

Cheap and nasty
(12-30-2020, 11:37 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 10:32 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: A budget signing.

Not good enough.

Cheap and nasty

And Lazy.

Like Grant - another cracker - no one would touch him with a bargepole with a bargepole extension.

Both trash. We never learn.