Things that make you realise you’re a certain age
(07-04-2020, 07:38 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: I'm not at the moment, actually. I did a 28 miler on Thursday and a 20 miler on Friday which has decimated my left foot - a whacking great big blister between big toe and next one. Worst I've ever had? Do you pop the fuckers or leave em be?

These are decent...

Blister gel

Not as good as the old Spenco blister kits, which are hard to get now in the UK and the price has gone through the roof.
(07-04-2020, 07:54 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 07:38 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: I'm not at the moment, actually. I did a 28 miler on Thursday and a 20 miler on Friday which has decimated my left foot - a whacking great big blister between big toe and next one. Worst I've ever had? Do you pop the fuckers or leave em be?

These are decent...

Blister gel

Not as good as the old Spenco blister kits, which are hard to get now in the UK and the price has gone through the roof

Wilko do blister plasters.

Work really well and are great value.

Blister plasters. What has become of me?
There was a time when I only really used to wonder if I'd struggle on the way up a hill. Nowadays, when I get to the top I'm thinking 'it ain't over yet - I still have to get back down'.
(07-04-2020, 07:58 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

These are decent...

Blister gel

Not as good as the old Spenco blister kits, which are hard to get now in the UK and the price has gone through the roof

Bit of a walk to the nearest Wilko!

But thanks anyway!
(07-04-2020, 07:38 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 07:09 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 06:37 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 05:16 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 04:31 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Craghoppers v Mountain Warehouse

The Walkoff.

Big Grin

These trousers are made for walking,
and that’s just what they’ll do.
One of these days Spandau’s trousers
may be used for walking too.  Tongue
I got another pair of Crags today FF. Had to send a pair back as the cut of them made me look like an 70 year old farmer. Kiwi pro stretch are the right boyos for the semi rural canal trotter of our vintage imho!

Are you planning on wearing them in Morton’s bar in Dicken’s Heath or using them for their intended purpose? Just wondering loike Big Grin

Fancy a walk? BaggieNick is up for a walk

I'm not at the moment, actually. I did a 28 miler on Thursday and a 20 miler on Friday which has decimated my left foot - a whacking great big blister between big toe and next one. Worst I've ever had? Do you pop the fuckers or leave em be?

Nice distances. I don’t burst blisters straight away myself.  I’d put a plaster around it and if it bursts, then you have a plaster to protect the flesh that’s then exposed. 

I was getting a corn on and off on a little toe and so now bandage up my toe to protect it before I go walking.   The worst experience I had was one day when it had pissed down and I dried my suede walking shoes on a radiator.  The next day I put them back in and went off walking.  The suede had gone hard and after 20 miles I was in complete agony. So much so, I had to phone for a taxi to take me the last 8 miles home and I was unable to go walking for a few days as my feet hurt that much.
(07-04-2020, 08:10 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 07:58 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

These are decent...

Blister gel

Bit of a walk to the nearest Wilko!

But thanks anyway!

Stock up when one passes!
Not knowing about 75% of the Bands in the "Favourite tacks by..." thread.  Blush
I always pull my socks right up nowadays.

I don't really care what anyone thinks of me (not that I ever did anyway).

I couldn't conceive a night out lasting after 11:30.

I keep saying 'when I was young' to my son.

I still have a collection of Naughty Videos. Somewhere.
(07-04-2020, 07:48 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 06:37 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I got another pair of Crags today FF. Had to send a pair back as the cut of them made me look like an 70 year old farmer. Kiwi pro stretch are the right boyos for the semi rural canal trotter of our vintage imho!

Craghoppers do some decent gear, as do Regatta who are a kind of sister company. Those brands get sneered at sometimes by some of the walking fraternity bullshitters snobs (the 'All the gear, no idea' brigade) but most of us don't need to go out equipped for the north face of the Eiger, although I wouldn't skimp for winter walking in the highlands.

Some of the best base layers I ever had were picked up from the remaindered bin at the Regatta shop in Pitlochry (closed now, sadly). I only bought a couple, expecting they'd probably be a bit crap at four quid apiece. If I'd known how good they'd turn out I'd have bought a dozen. I've paid a lot more since for no better.

If you have a Costco membership they quite often sell Craghoppers gear for next to nothing.
(07-05-2020, 12:11 PM)Fido Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 07:48 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 06:37 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I got another pair of Crags today FF. Had to send a pair back as the cut of them made me look like an 70 year old farmer. Kiwi pro stretch are the right boyos for the semi rural canal trotter of our vintage imho!

Craghoppers do some decent gear, as do Regatta who are a kind of sister company. Those brands get sneered at sometimes by some of the walking fraternity bullshitters snobs (the 'All the gear, no idea' brigade) but most of us don't need to go out equipped for the north face of the Eiger, although I wouldn't skimp for winter walking in the highlands.

Some of the best base layers I ever had were picked up from the remaindered bin at the Regatta shop in Pitlochry (closed now, sadly). I only bought a couple, expecting they'd probably be a bit crap at four quid apiece. If I'd known how good they'd turn out I'd have bought a dozen. I've paid a lot more since for no better.

If you have a Costco membership they quite often sell Craghoppers gear for next to nothing.

Best Winter jacket I ever had was a mid priced Regatta. Also perfect for watching football in all weathers. I've never really felt the need to spend £500 on a coat when you can get exactly the same effect for much less.