Things that make you realise you’re a certain age
(06-28-2020, 08:33 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 05:45 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: When you constantly moan about how people your age wear trendy clothes whilst you like wearing clothes people in their 70’s like and this season’s M&S clothes look cool.

Can’t wait for the sale at Edinburgh Woollen Mills!

Big Grin :Big Grin. Big Grin
When you can't get out of a chair without making a noise
When you have to take a picture on your phone so that you can expand the text to read it
Not being able to reach your feet to put your socks on
When your "Good head of hair" turns into an unkempt brillo pad...

I turned 50 a fortnight ago, they say it's the new "40", feels like the new "76".
(06-28-2020, 01:55 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 01:17 PM)igorbalis Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 11:19 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 09:46 PM)hudds Wrote: Men must endure

Their going hence, even as their coming hither:

Ripeness is all.

That chap knew!
I'll be having some more of his wisdom once allowed to, I hope.
please enlighten us kind sir.

Shakespeare, I guess. I avoided it like the plague at school, had no place for him in early adulthood. No time for it when I was parenting. Got to 50 and thought I'd better see what the fuss is about and got hooked. I'll be at Stratford as soon as it's allowed again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7m4-Se4SI

Taken from withnail and I - Richard E Grant at his best
(06-25-2020, 10:41 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I’ve recently discovered the comfort of walking trousers. As I seldom have to dress up, I think Craghoppers will now be my slacks of choice for much of the time.

Just bought a pair of walking trousers from mountain warehouse.  These one are stretchable and are very comfortable compared to previous ones I have had.  A problem I have is that occasionally my right heel kicks the inside trouser on my left leg which eventually causes them to wear away and eventually tear.

If you fancy meeting up for a walk give me a shout and let me know how far you want to walk and I’ll work out a route on country lanes.
(07-04-2020, 11:53 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 10:41 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I’ve recently discovered the comfort of walking trousers. As I seldom have to dress up, I think Craghoppers will now be my slacks of choice for much of the time.

Just bought a pair of walking trousers from mountain warehouse.  These one are stretchable and are very comfortable compared to previous ones I have had.  A problem I have is that occasionally my right heel kicks the inside trouser on my left leg which eventually causes them to wear away and eventually tear.

If you fancy meeting up for a walk give me a shout and let me know how far you want to walk and I’ll work out a route on country lanes.

Craghoppers v Mountain Warehouse

The Walkoff.
(07-04-2020, 04:31 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

The Walkoff.

Big Grin

These trousers are made for walking,
and that’s just what they’ll do.
One of these days Spandau’s trousers
may be used for walking too.  Tongue
(07-04-2020, 05:16 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

The Walkoff.

Big Grin

I got another pair of Crags today FF. Had to send a pair back as the cut of them made me look like an 70 year old farmer. Kiwi pro stretch are the right boyos for the semi rural canal trotter of our vintage imho!
(07-04-2020, 06:37 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

The Walkoff.

Big Grin

I got another pair of Crags today FF. Had to send a pair back as the cut of them made me look like an 70 year old farmer. Kiwi pro stretch are the right boyos for the semi rural canal trotter of our vintage imho!

Are you planning on wearing them in Morton’s bar in Dicken’s Heath or using them for their intended purpose? Just wondering loike Big Grin

Fancy a walk? BaggieNick is up for a walk
(07-04-2020, 07:09 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 06:37 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 11:53 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Just bought a pair of walking trousers from mountain warehouse.  These one are stretchable and are very comfortable compared to previous ones I have had.  A problem I have is that occasionally my right heel kicks the inside trouser on my left leg which eventually causes them to wear away and eventually tear.

The Walkoff.

Big Grin

Are you planning on wearing them in Morton’s bar in Dicken’s Heath or using them for their intended purpose? Just wondering loike Big Grin

Fancy a walk? BaggieNick is up for a walk

I'm not at the moment, actually. I did a 28 miler on Thursday and a 20 miler on Friday which has decimated my left foot - a whacking great big blister between big toe and next one. Worst I've ever had? Do you pop the fuckers or leave em be?
(07-04-2020, 06:37 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I got another pair of Crags today FF. Had to send a pair back as the cut of them made me look like an 70 year old farmer. Kiwi pro stretch are the right boyos for the semi rural canal trotter of our vintage imho!

Craghoppers do some decent gear, as do Regatta who are a kind of sister company. Those brands get sneered at sometimes by some of the walking fraternity bullshitters snobs (the 'All the gear, no idea' brigade) but most of us don't need to go out equipped for the north face of the Eiger, although I wouldn't skimp for winter walking in the highlands.

Some of the best base layers I ever had were picked up from the remaindered bin at the Regatta shop in Pitlochry (closed now, sadly). I only bought a couple, expecting they'd probably be a bit crap at four quid apiece. If I'd known how good they'd turn out I'd have bought a dozen. I've paid a lot more since for no better.