Poor show
(08-01-2019, 10:21 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: I believe "Poor Form", is the in phrase at the moment.

Just makes me think of the type of language used by some self righteous old prick at a golf club criticising someone for the heinous crime of wearing the wrong colour/length of socks with their shorts!
(08-01-2019, 10:23 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The problem faced is the same on that is faced by all clubs and unfortunately there aren't 92 20 goal a season strikers out there to be shared equally. They are the most sought after asset for any club and the best ones available are probably being spoken to by many clubs that can offer more than us.

When the players realise that they aren't going to get that move to Liverpool or Man City then they look at their other options. Eventually they will speak to us if they haven't been snapped up. We are in a pecking order and unfortunately all we can see at this point is some other clubs arse in our way.

Please can we use this fine post as baggy 1 as a template for all transfer windows. Too many on here seem to think we can buy players like ikea furniture.
It's a huge, complex operation buying and so far it's decent work. However, if we don't get a striker we have every reason to go ballistic, but I'll wait to see what happens, which all sensible fans will do.
(08-01-2019, 10:52 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 10:23 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The problem faced is the same on that is faced by all clubs and unfortunately there aren't 92 20 goal a season strikers out there to be shared equally. They are the most sought after asset for any club and the best ones available are probably being spoken to by many clubs that can offer more than us.

When the players realise that they aren't going to get that move to Liverpool or Man City then they look at their other options. Eventually they will speak to us if they haven't been snapped up. We are in a pecking order and unfortunately all we can see at this point is some other clubs arse in our way.

Please can we use this fine post as baggy 1 as a template for all transfer windows. Too many on here seem to think we can buy players like ikea furniture.
It's a huge, complex operation buying and so far it's decent work. However, if we don't get a striker we have every reason to go ballistic, but I'll wait to see what happens, which all sensible fans will do.

I agree, but it just doesn't roll off the tongue like 'Poor Form' does...so it'll never catch on Smile
The calibre of striker we need, and indeed want (and have the budget for) wont want to commit to a Championship club as a first option.

When you look down the list of Championship clubs, the only teams to have made a "decent" striker signing so far have been QPR with Hugill from West Ham, Millwall have signed Bodvarsson from Reading and Blackburn have paid £5m for Gallagher. Others have signed punts from non-league, but we've probably completed the most exciting striker signing in the division in Zohore.

Strikers are always a precious commodity and the market hasn't got moving yet...
(08-01-2019, 12:02 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The calibre of striker we need, and indeed want (and have the budget for) wont want to commit to a Championship club as a first option.

When you look down the list of Championship clubs, the only teams to have made a "decent" striker signing so far have been QPR with Hugill from West Ham, Millwall have signed Bodvarsson from Reading and Blackburn have paid £5m for Gallagher.  Others have signed punts from non-league, but we've probably completed the most exciting striker signing in the division in Zohore.

Strikers are always a precious commodity and the market hasn't got moving yet...

Good post. It’s v difficult but this is something that could really bite this time. Hope the club are prioritising  this and negotiating accordingly

We went into the Bolton game without Gayle last season. We were piss poor but would not have lost the game without him. Can’t see us getting anything at Forest if this gap is not filled by then. Hope I’m proved wrong
I can hear what the opening post is saying can you imagine losing out on promotion by 3 points because of the lack of finishing and the poster pointing at the opening game where we should have won .....its all ifs and buts but let's be honest getting players o er the line has been a bugbear for alot of our fans ......just pay the money isn't a option but a bit of leanancy is a must
(08-01-2019, 12:33 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I can hear what the opening post is saying can you imagine losing out on promotion by 3 points because of the lack of finishing and the poster pointing at the opening game where we should have won .....its all ifs and buts but let's be honest getting players o er the line has been a bugbear for alot of our fans ......just pay the money isn't a option but a bit of leanancy is a must

You’ll be too busy protesting at the glass doors to worry about it surely?
Has anyone mentioned Food chains and fighting over the scraps yet??
(08-01-2019, 10:19 AM)Duffers Wrote: Strikes me that we’ve got one or two top targets (Ajeti, Maupay) and probably one or two in reserve (Konate) in case they don’t happen. Just waiting for the clubs/players to get moving.

We can put out a decent team for Forest then that’s it until the window closes. If we haven’t strengthened by the time it closes then that’s the time to get upset.

+ 1
Whoever mentioned Dodi Lookbackinanger from Watford a few days ago he’s just gone to Berlin... for £18m!!!

That’s the sort of market we operate in now. Watford youth players who nobody has heard of move for close to twenty million quid!

This is why it takes time.