Poor show
By the recruitment department regarding our striker situation . For a few yearsseason  weve been light in numbers in this position although last season could be classed as a success due to the number of goals scored , but when youve got HRK  as your 3rd choice striker and i suggest at this moment in time he his our 2nd choice the the summer so far represents a pretty poor effort by those concerned .
(08-01-2019, 09:58 AM)Three Degrees Wrote: By the recruitment department regarding our striker situation . For a few yearsseason  weve been light in numbers in this position although last season could be classed as a success due to the number of goals scored , but when youve got HRK  as your 3rd choice striker and i suggest at this moment in time he his our 2nd choice the the summer so far represents a pretty poor effort by those concerned .

Has the window shut yet?
Here we go again!
(08-01-2019, 09:58 AM)Three Degrees Wrote: By the recruitment department regarding our striker situation . For a few yearsseason  weve been light in numbers in this position although last season could be classed as a success due to the number of goals scored , but when youve got HRK  as your 3rd choice striker and i suggest at this moment in time he his our 2nd choice the the summer so far represents a pretty poor effort by those concerned .

You know there’s still a week to go, right?
(08-01-2019, 10:00 AM)WWHO Wrote:

Has the window shut yet?

No but the season is about to start. We might pull it around but we shouldn't be in this position at this point. 

Bilic wants to play two up top and we currently have one striker, with our second choices being a 22 year old winger and a championship wide player that we've been pretending is a striker for years. 

I'm no pant wetter and I understand that the club had a large rebuild to do this summer, but for us to be where we are at this point from an attacking perspective is pretty poor.
Have some faith, I still think we'll have a proper 1 in 3 striker on board in time for Forest.
Strikes me that we’ve got one or two top targets (Ajeti, Maupay) and probably one or two in reserve (Konate) in case they don’t happen. Just waiting for the clubs/players to get moving.

We can put out a decent team for Forest then that’s it until the window closes. If we haven’t strengthened by the time it closes then that’s the time to get upset.
(08-01-2019, 10:08 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 10:00 AM)WWHO Wrote:

Has the window shut yet?

No but the season is about to start. We might pull it around but we shouldn't be in this position at this point. 

Bilic wants to play two up top and we currently have one striker, with our second choices being a 22 year old winger and a championship wide player that we've been pretending is a striker for years. 

I'm no pant wetter and I understand that the club had a large rebuild to do this summer, but for us to be where we are at this point from an attacking perspective is pretty poor.

Presuming we indeed do want to bring in two forwards, one will be on loan.  The loan market never gets going until later in the window, so you can't really use that as a stick to beat the recruitment department with.

Any purchase will be a marque signing, which always takes time.  We've clearly spoken to Ajit and his club/representatives, and that's just one that got leaked to the press.  There will be others we're speaking to.

Gayle hadn't signed by this time last year.  I remember Odemwingie arriving the day before our opening game.

I'm the first one to criticise the club for dragging their feet, which they have done in the past, but let's not blame them for the slow pace of the market.  A quick glance at our potential league rivals (Leeds, Derby, Cardiff) a it's clear their fans are also desperate for players.
I believe "Poor Form", is the in phrase at the moment.
The problem faced is the same on that is faced by all clubs and unfortunately there aren't 92 20 goal a season strikers out there to be shared equally. They are the most sought after asset for any club and the best ones available are probably being spoken to by many clubs that can offer more than us.

When the players realise that they aren't going to get that move to Liverpool or Man City then they look at their other options. Eventually they will speak to us if they haven't been snapped up. We are in a pecking order and unfortunately all we can see at this point is some other clubs arse in our way.