So, Brexit
The thing that still amazes me, is not one person in Europe or in any of the main parties in this Country has said " what has gone so wrong, that 17.4 million people have wanted out of the EU and how can we put it right " probably easier to snipe, bully and scare I guess than do their jobs.
(02-07-2019, 09:20 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: The thing that still amazes me, is not one person in Europe or in any of the main parties in this Country has said " what has gone so wrong, that 17.4 million people have wanted out of the EU and how can we put it right " probably easier to snipe, bully and scare I guess than do their jobs.

Problem is a large part of those 17.4M didn't know what the alternative was or how it would operate. The architects have just been found out after the voters put their faith in politicians and the 'we'll work it out' approach to running a country.
(02-07-2019, 10:31 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 09:20 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: The thing that still amazes me, is not one person in Europe or in any of the main parties in this Country has said " what has gone so wrong, that 17.4 million people have wanted out of the EU and how can we put it right " probably easier to snipe, bully and scare I guess than do their jobs.

Problem is a large part of those 17.4M didn't know what the alternative was or how it would operate. The architects have just been found out after the voters put their faith in politicians and the 'we'll work it out' approach to running a country.

Not my point, my point is no one has bothered to find out or cares why 17.4 million people want out and the the problems that made them vote this way, everyone is just happy to state that the 17.4 million didn't know what they were voting for.
(02-07-2019, 11:05 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 10:31 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

Not my point, my point is no one has bothered to find out or cares why 17.4 million people want out and the the problems that made them vote this way, everyone is just happy to state that the 17.4 million didn't know what they were voting for.

Do you see how you are generalising in the same way that you are criticising others for?

The fact is there are many reasons why people voted to leave, and there are a great number of those reasons that won't be solved by leaving the EU. The NHS won't receive £350M a week, in fact the country won't get that back - but a number of people voted for that. Those nasty Europeans taking our jobs won't disappear because surprisingly, as it turns out, we need them after all.

People voted for a number of reasons - if they'd have had a real debate before the vote to point out the flaws in the plan then we would have been able to spend the last 2+ years fixing the very problems (well some of them) that they thought leaving the EU could fix.

It was snake oil sold by Farage, Johnson and Gove and it hasn't cured a thing.