Bond
(04-21-2019, 08:48 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: The problem, in my opinion, is there is a great unhappiness at how our club is being run at the top, and the fantastic opportunities we have spurned to kick on in the last 10 years. This is not helped by the ambition that both Wolves and Villa are showing.

The fans take out their frustrations on the only people they have access to; the players on matchday. I'm not saying it's right, but it happens.

I do express my opinions on forums, but equally I do get behind the players during the game. Our deficiencies are clear for everyone to see though, and if I were a gambling man I would stake good money on us starting next season in the Chump, and for a considerable number of seasons thereafter, unless the way the club (and probably the ownership) is changed. We can do nothing to facilitate this, though.

Pretty much my take on things tbh there's a deep rooted malaise within the club and fan base that's been building for a number of seasons now and I cannot see it getting any better until Lai & Jenkins fugg off and we get an owner that shows at least a modicum of ambition and leadership imvho, the boards mend and make do policy and lake of urgency in anything really is starting to filter through to the fan base.
(04-21-2019, 08:42 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 08:34 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 09:23 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Sadly we are always looking to knock our players.
This season has been typical. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but we are way OTT on knocking our players.
Bartley one week is rubbish then he's OK
Dawson is all hype, not as good as he thinks he is, then he's OK
Hegazi can't play he's useless, now he has to play he's our best defender
Holgate great player our best full back, now gets worse as games go by
Livermore is to bulky and imobile
Brunt should never play in midfield again, last few weeks he's been great
J Rod is only a penalty taker
Harper is brilliant, now he doesn't care
Gayle is always brilliant
Field keeps going missing
Morrison has had one good game
Townsend good prospect, now he can't cut it at this level
Burke can run fast,  but can't kick a ball
It just goes on and on, with a play off position assured with all these players. Better then anyone thought possible before the season started. A lot of reality checks are needed. It's time to get behind all our players and cheer them all the way to the play off final IMO. Slaughter the opposition ffs not our own players.

Probaly the most accurate post on here for a good while you really have to ask what some of our fans actually want and what sort of fan base we are turning into, we could be the next Man City and sweeping aside all before us wining trophy aots(yes I can dream) and some of our fans still wouldn't be happy ffs, also the imvho the atmosphere at the the last few home games has been pretty lacklustre the way we have celebrated the last 7 goals at our place appears to be very muted yet as soon as we concede boos and jeers aots and we wonder why ayers don't seem motivated at times, it was that long ago each goal was cheered like a winning goal in a cup final what's changed?

We haven’t employed a hungry, sexy football playing, continental manager so the season has ended. 

You've mentioned this in virtually every one of your posts over the last few weeks. I'm intrigued where this is coming from. I've not seen anyone specifically calling for a continental manager who plays sexy football. Literally not one.
(04-21-2019, 10:29 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 09:23 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Sadly we are always looking to knock our players.
This season has been typical. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but we are way OTT on knocking our players.
It just goes on and on, with a play off position assured with all these players. Better then anyone thought possible before the season started. A lot of reality checks are needed. It's time to get behind all our players and cheer them all the way to the play off final IMO. Slaughter the opposition ffs not our own players.

Probaly the most accurate post on here for a good while you really have to ask what some of our fans actually want and what sort of fan base we are turning into, we could be the next Man City and sweeping aside all before us wining trophy aots(yes I can dream) and some of our fans still wouldn't be happy ffs, also the imvho the atmosphere at the the last few home games has been pretty lacklustre the way we have celebrated the last 7 goals at our place appears to be very muted yet as soon as we concede boos and jeers aots and we wonder why ayers don't seem motivated at times, it was that long ago each goal was cheered like a winning goal in a cup final what's changed?

We haven’t employed a hungry, sexy football playing, continental manager so the season has ended. 

You've mentioned this in virtually every one of your posts over the last few weeks. I'm intrigued where this is coming from. I've not seen anyone specifically calling for a continental manager who plays sexy football. Literally not one.

I just get the sense that a lot of fans don’t reqlly know what they want to the point they are making it impossible for themselves to enjoy games. Fans want to give the kids a chance and when’s they do and their form dips there is no patience shown. They want an exciting young manager but not Neil as his record is similar to those better managers Wagner and Jakonovic but the name isn’t quite as cool. They want a long term plan but want promotions this season so will be happy for Allardyce for the rest of the season. 

I know I’m making flippant remarks but the contradictions are pretty apparent recently.
(04-21-2019, 10:47 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 10:29 AM)Peachy Wrote:

I just get the sense that a lot of fans don’t reqlly know what they want to the point they are making it impossible for themselves to enjoy games. Fans want to give the kids a chance and when’s they do and their form dips there is no patience shown. They want an exciting young manager but not Neil as his record is similar to those better managers Wagner and Jakonovic but the name isn’t quite as cool. They want a long term plan but want promotions this season so will be happy for Allardyce for the rest of the season. 

I know I’m making flippant remarks but the contradictions are pretty apparent recently.

This. Fans don't really know what they want sums up most things.
When Gayle scores a goal he is "A brilliant goal scoring machine" the goalkeeper whoever let the goal in never gets mentioned?
Sam lets a goal in and it's the opposite the scorer doesn't get a mention and Sam is headline news he's "useless and needs dropping"
As a complete aside Bond should play in at least one of the last few games, or at least a couple of 45 minutes, just in case we need to call on him in the play off's - no disrespect to Sam he's still No1 - DM GJ & JS all picked him as first choice, they can't all be wrong.
(04-21-2019, 08:48 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: The problem, in my opinion, is there is a great unhappiness at how our club is being run at the top, and the fantastic opportunities we have spurned to kick on in the last 10 years. This is not helped by the ambition that both Wolves and Villa are showing.

The fans take out their frustrations on the only people they have access to; the players on matchday. I'm not saying it's right, but it happens.

I do express my opinions on forums, but equally I do get behind the players during the game. Our deficiencies are clear for everyone to see though, and if I were a gambling man I would stake good money on us starting next season in the Chump, and for a considerable number of seasons thereafter, unless the way the club (and probably the ownership) is changed. We can do nothing to facilitate this, though.

Saved me a post.
+1
(04-21-2019, 11:41 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Saved me a post.
+1

Sadly a lot of truth in that post, we are in need of a boost as a club, Several years avoiding relegation is not the success we all aspire to. Reality tells us we are never going to win the Premier league or even give the top 6 a run for their money.
The glory open to us is the cups, yes we would need lady luck and the big boys to knock one another out. But it's our only real chance of giving the fans a day to remember and we treat them as a run out for our 2nd string. This really pi55es me off. I for one think winning the FAC is as big as winning the PL title it self and massive for the fan base. It would pay for the people who run our club to remember this in future. The ASTLE gates should remind all the fans of Jeff's greatest achievement. I don't recall him or anyone saying avoiding relegation had any importance what so ever.
(04-21-2019, 12:23 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

Saved me a post.
+1

Sadly a lot of truth in that post, we are in need of a boost as a club, Several years avoiding relegation is not the success we all aspire to. Reality tells us we are never going to win the Premier league or even give the top 6 a run for their money.
The glory open to us is the cups, yes we would need lady luck and the big boys to knock one another out. But it's our only real chance of giving the fans a day to remember and we treat them as a run out for our 2nd string. This really pi55es me off. I for one think winning the FAC is as big as winning the PL title it self and massive for the fan base. It would pay for the people who run our club to remember this in future. The ASTLE gates should remind all the fans of Jeff's greatest achievement. I don't recall him or anyone saying avoiding relegation had any importance what so ever.

This 1000% I've always said start taking the cups more so the FA cup(leads to European football) seriously win one or two and that raises the profile of the club get into Europe that raises it a little bit more helps us attract better quality players which in turn could lead to more sustained success as a club as well as increasing the fan base as we become more successful,, not fuggin rocket science is it., unfortunately this takes money and ambition both of which are sorely lacking with the club at the moment imho.
(04-21-2019, 01:09 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 12:23 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

Saved me a post.
+1

This 1000% I've always said start taking the cups more so the FA cup(leads to European football) seriously win one or two and that raises the profile of the club get into Europe that raises it a little bit more helps us attract better quality players which in turn could lead to more sustained success as a club as well as increasing the fan base as we become more successful,, not fuggin rocket science is it., unfortunately this takes money and ambition both of which are sorely lacking with the club at the moment imho.

Spot on - I'm going to have to stop agreeing with your posts Sir.
It's almost as though I written them myself Big Grin
The way we treated the cups during our better years - and the way it was meekly accepted by the fans, so long as we stayed up - was an embarrassment and a fucking disgrace.

The fact is that clubs like us have a finite life in the PL and, as supporters, we should want something to look back on other than ensuring the like of Craig Gardner didn’t have their wages halved.