Back to our own issues and maybe a lesson learnt
(04-08-2019, 01:30 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 12:59 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: There can be terrible over reactions like the one on Saturday, but the way Wolves came crashing down should be a lesson to deal with life as it is at that time.
Wolves bigged themselves up so much this year that the humble pie they now have to consume is a giant portion- they've won nothing and if they're lucky might be 7th
. Meanwhile we needn't talk about the 1990s revisited again just because we lost at Millwall, after 3 wins, and now are heading in all likelihood to the play-offs as automatic is as good as gone.
Sometimes outsiders see the truth easier than us, and to the outside world we are a team that had several seasons at the top, got relegated, but now look in with a chance of promotion through the play-offs, which we are.
This division is tough, we would have taken top six at the start of the season and we look nailed on for 4th or possibly 5th, if Villa carry on as they are. It would mean we face them in the play-offs, and I can't say I relish it if this is the case, but what the state of play is now compared to a month in the future can be huge. Just ask Villa fans.
I refuse to get too drawn into the politics at board level until I see how this season pans out. I think a few more should stay calm and, in the old words, take one game at a time.

I presume this is a wind up.

As much as I want to lord it over Wolves (and burn Villa and all it's little goblins to the ground) they got to an FA Cup semi final and have had an excellent season and play decent football.

The lesson I learn from that is that I wish we were currently as unlucky as that and would gratefully eat that meal of humble pie.

There really should be some form of IQ test before getting access to this bored
I think you should rename yourself Bertie Bassett as you're talking all sorts of rubbish.
Football is constantly in a state of flux and it's taken Wolves almost 20 years of being in the shadow of us, despite us having less resources, to have their noses in front at the minute.
Clearly, you haven't the awareness or emotional intelligence to hear what's been happening these past few months. Yes, they have a very good side, but they've been talking themselves up about Champions Leagues etc, winning the FA Cup blah, blah, blah. 
The fact they've been rubbish for years has failed to give some of them dignity or awareness of their place in the football pyramid. It's as if they've gone straight from the 1950s to now having forgotten the Bhattis, the Golden Tit underachievement, Clipboard Connor and Dean Saunders overseeing some crushing lows.
Yes, we can't help they are better than us at the minute, but if you don't think the history of the past couple of decades and more means we can handle this, then you're a bit of a sad and hopeless case and severely lacking grey matter. By the way this is a board. Bored is what people are listening to you.
Wolves fans in Worcester? That's where I grew up and I think I knew 1 or 2 but loafs of fucking Villa cunts
(04-08-2019, 03:29 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Wolves fans in Worcester? That's where I grew up and I think I knew 1 or 2 but loafs of fucking Villa cunts

Sadly yes. The Brewers in St John's is where the 60 or so scratters left from yesterday. The Maple Leaf in Lower Wick is full of them too and that's to name just 2 pubs not that far from where I live.
(04-08-2019, 03:14 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 12:59 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: There can be terrible over reactions like the one on Saturday, but the way Wolves came crashing down should be a lesson to deal with life as it is at that time.
Wolves bigged themselves up so much this year that the humble pie they now have to consume is a giant portion- they've won nothing and if they're lucky might be 7th
. Meanwhile we needn't talk about the 1990s revisited again just because we lost at Millwall, after 3 wins, and now are heading in all likelihood to the play-offs as automatic is as good as gone.
Sometimes outsiders see the truth easier than us, and to the outside world we are a team that had several seasons at the top, got relegated, but now look in with a chance of promotion through the play-offs, which we are.
This division is tough, we would have taken top six at the start of the season and we look nailed on for 4th or possibly 5th, if Villa carry on as they are. It would mean we face them in the play-offs, and I can't say I relish it if this is the case, but what the state of play is now compared to a month in the future can be huge. Just ask Villa fans.
I refuse to get too drawn into the politics at board level until I see how this season pans out. I think a few more should stay calm and, in the old words, take one game at a time.

As much as I want to lord it over Wolves (and burn Villa and all it's little goblins to the ground) they got to an FA Cup semi final and have had an excellent season and play decent football.

The lesson I learn from that is that I wish we were currently as unlucky as that and would gratefully eat that meal of humble pie.

I think you should rename yourself Bertie Bassett as you're talking all sorts of rubbish.
Football is constantly in a state of flux and it's taken Wolves almost 20 years of being in the shadow of us, despite us having less resources, to have their noses in front at the minute.
Clearly, you haven't the awareness or emotional intelligence to hear what's been happening these past few months. Yes, they have a very good side, but they've been talking themselves up about Champions Leagues etc, winning the FA Cup blah, blah, blah. 
The fact they've been rubbish for years has failed to give some of them dignity or awareness of their place in the football pyramid. It's as if they've gone straight from the 1950s to now having forgotten the Bhattis, the Golden Tit underachievement, Clipboard Connor and Dean Saunders overseeing some crushing lows.
Yes, we can't help they are better than us at the minute, but if you don't think the history of the past couple of decades and more means we can handle this, then you're a bit of a sad and hopeless case and severely lacking grey matter. By the way this is a board. Bored is what people are listening to you.
I think this is what is called being roasted. 
Wolves, until this season, have not had their noses in front of us since one season in our early yoyo years. I don't have much to do with Wolves fans but I'm not going to go into depression because they are having a good time for once after 35 largely miserable years, where scraping Prem survival once is the height of their recent achievements.
(04-08-2019, 03:32 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 03:29 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Wolves fans in Worcester? That's where I grew up and I think I knew 1 or 2 but loafs of fucking Villa cunts

Sadly yes. The Brewers in St John's is where the 60 or so scratters left from yesterday. The Maple Leaf in Lower Wick is full of them too and that's to name just 2 pubs not that far from where I live.

I even saw a Wolves flag in Smethwick when they got promoted last year. Disgusting.
Oh I'm not depressed about Wolves at all, Spandau. They will crash and burn and it will hurt them badly.
I have to say though, Nuno comes over as a very likeable guy, never making excuses nor blaming refs. I look forward to him getting a decent job for his efforts.
(04-08-2019, 03:43 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Oh I'm not depressed about Wolves at all, Spandau. They will crash and burn and it will hurt them badly.
I have to say though, Nuno comes over as a very likeable guy, never making excuses nor blaming refs. I look forward to him getting a decent job for his efforts.
Yes, he is very likable, has them playing well and the gods have aligned for them at the moment. I do expect he will move on when the likes of Chelsea come calling and Wolves may start to realise that they are on the wrong side of the glass ceiling with the rest of us.

Marvellous! - 
2 seasons of decent piss and wind, and yesterday they had their wings clipped in tremendous fashion ( I know to some of us on here that in itself was worth a king's ransom )
They are equally as deluded as the Seal cunts and always have been, it's just been bubbling underneath the surface and festering for a lot longer during the sabbatical seasons.

I`ve read on the mix serious debates about 55,000 and 60k stadiums - The possibility of signings like Aguero and Ronaldo.
Usually responded to with an " All in good time, me old son " 20-page circle jerk thread.

Even yesterday will and has failed to dampen their, our journey has only just begun spirit ( The 2-year default position )
There are football dreams as supporters we all indulge in, then there are downright delusions of grandeur.

Until I see them in the Champions League final giving Madrid or Barca a tattering....then Fuck em` and there so called journey.
(04-08-2019, 03:53 PM)Sandking Wrote:

Marvellous! - 
2 seasons of decent piss and wind, and yesterday they had their wings clipped in tremendous fashion ( I know to some of us on here that in itself was worth a king's ransom )
They are equally as deluded as the Seal cunts and always have been, it's just been bubbling underneath the surface and festering for a lot longer.

I`ve read on the mix serious debates about 55,000 and 60k stadiums - The possibility of signings like Aguero and Ronaldo.
Usually responded to with an " All in good time, me old son " 20-page circle jerk thread.

Even yesterday will and has failed to dampen their, our journey has only just begun spirit ( The 2-year default position )
There are football dreams as supporters we all indulge in, then there are downright delusions of grandeur.

Until I see them in the Champions League final giving Madrid or Barca a tattering....then Fuck em` and there so called journey.
You will be more likely to find them playing Bury in front of 2,500...……….AGAIN!
(04-08-2019, 03:59 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 03:53 PM)Sandking Wrote:

Marvellous! - 
They are equally as deluded as the Seal cunts and always have been, it's just been bubbling underneath the surface and festering for a lot longer.

You will be more likely to find them playing Bury in front of 2,500...……….AGAIN!

I think that's very much wishful thinking mate - Fosun do appear to be the real thing and have plans across the board - team and infrastructure. 

We appear to have neither - game to game - as Shan has said.  Hand to mouth. 

Hopefully someone somewhere at the Albion has a master-plan but I think that's even more wishful thinking.