Back to our own issues and maybe a lesson learnt
There can be terrible over reactions like the one on Saturday, but the way Wolves came crashing down should be a lesson to deal with life as it is at that time.
Wolves bigged themselves up so much this year that the humble pie they now have to consume is a giant portion- they've won nothing and if they're lucky might be 7th. Meanwhile we needn't talk about the 1990s revisited again just because we lost at Millwall, after 3 wins, and now are heading in all likelihood to the play-offs as automatic is as good as gone.
Sometimes outsiders see the truth easier than us, and to the outside world we are a team that had several seasons at the top, got relegated, but now look in with a chance of promotion through the play-offs, which we are.
This division is tough, we would have taken top six at the start of the season and we look nailed on for 4th or possibly 5th, if Villa carry on as they are. It would mean we face them in the play-offs, and I can't say I relish it if this is the case, but what the state of play is now compared to a month in the future can be huge. Just ask Villa fans.
I refuse to get too drawn into the politics at board level until I see how this season pans out. I think a few more should stay calm and, in the old words, take one game at a time.
No lessons will ever be learnt on here. Lose and they'll be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. The board are rubbish blah, blah, blah.
Of course this may be true, but only looking back in a few years will we make sense of now.
We will make the play-offs, but I don't think we've the character or momentum to go up. I don't think this means we'll go back to the 1990s. It just means we're not bouncing straight back. Plenty of teams have done it after a little while away, whilst there are the bad examples of the Forests' Ipswich's etc.
To be fair, so long as its not a long stay, a bit of time away will make us appreciate when we do go back.
I said a few years ago when some people were moaning after a mid table Prem finish, appreciate it, as this is as good as it gets.
I'm not happy with the "one game at a time" mentality of our board. It sets completely the wrong tone for the upcoming playoffs.

However, the conspiracy theories that Chris Brunt is the secret mastermind of the club are nonsensical and frankly embarrassing.
(04-08-2019, 01:14 PM)Squid Wrote: I'm not happy with the "one game at a time" mentality of our board. It sets completely the wrong tone for the upcoming playoffs.

However, the conspiracy theories that Chris Brunt is the secret mastermind of the club are nonsensical and frankly embarrassing.
I agree that someone new has to come in, even if it is short-term so long as it's not Redknapp.
(04-08-2019, 12:59 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: There can be terrible over reactions like the one on Saturday, but the way Wolves came crashing down should be a lesson to deal with life as it is at that time.
Wolves bigged themselves up so much this year that the humble pie they now have to consume is a giant portion- they've won nothing and if they're lucky might be 7th
. Meanwhile we needn't talk about the 1990s revisited again just because we lost at Millwall, after 3 wins, and now are heading in all likelihood to the play-offs as automatic is as good as gone.
Sometimes outsiders see the truth easier than us, and to the outside world we are a team that had several seasons at the top, got relegated, but now look in with a chance of promotion through the play-offs, which we are.
This division is tough, we would have taken top six at the start of the season and we look nailed on for 4th or possibly 5th, if Villa carry on as they are. It would mean we face them in the play-offs, and I can't say I relish it if this is the case, but what the state of play is now compared to a month in the future can be huge. Just ask Villa fans.
I refuse to get too drawn into the politics at board level until I see how this season pans out. I think a few more should stay calm and, in the old words, take one game at a time.

I presume this is a wind up.

As much as I want to lord it over Wolves (and burn Villa and all it's little goblins to the ground) they got to an FA Cup semi final and have had an excellent season and play decent football.

The lesson I learn from that is that I wish we were currently as unlucky as that and would gratefully eat that meal of humble pie.

There really should be some form of IQ test before getting access to this bored
(04-08-2019, 01:30 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 12:59 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: There can be terrible over reactions like the one on Saturday, but the way Wolves came crashing down should be a lesson to deal with life as it is at that time.
Wolves bigged themselves up so much this year that the humble pie they now have to consume is a giant portion- they've won nothing and if they're lucky might be 7th
. Meanwhile we needn't talk about the 1990s revisited again just because we lost at Millwall, after 3 wins, and now are heading in all likelihood to the play-offs as automatic is as good as gone.

As much as I want to lord it over Wolves (and burn Villa and all it's little goblins to the ground) they got to an FA Cup semi final and have had an excellent season and play decent football.

The lesson I learn from that is that I wish we were currently as unlucky as that and would gratefully eat that meal of humble pie.

Football is cyclical, and Wolves are doing well but we've had 8 seasons up there and may soon be back. The glass ceiling is in place to mean all outside the top six are in the same position. 
I think the way Wolves fans were over-egging it, we've every reason to laugh.
(04-08-2019, 01:43 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 01:30 PM)billybassett Wrote:

Football is cyclical, and Wolves are doing well but we've had 8 seasons up there and may soon be back. The glass ceiling is in place to mean all outside the top six are in the same position. 
I think the way Wolves fans were over-egging it, we've every reason to laugh.

Anyone who thinks the Dings don't deserve a Greggs factory full of humble pie has not been listening to WM recently. They've been unbearable. Cannot wait to tune in tonight.
The trouble with criticising reactions/over-reactions are that they are normally a reaction to something either very obvious or that has been building up. The reaction after Saturday's result was not just to the absolute shite served up on the pitch but to the very obvious short sighted actions of the board. I can't remember any post blaming or criticising Shan. He has done remarkable given the circumstances. However, Saturday's reaction, for me, was a direct result of the shambolic previous few weeks and this beyond crazy match-by match position that Shan is in.

As for Wolves, fuck em. Yesterday couldn't be more deserving. Wasn't a Wolves fan in sight in Worcester 12 years ago when I moved here. A coach and minibus with 60 of the scratters left from a pub less than a mile away yesterday. I knew some of them. First game some of them had been to since I've known them (anywhere between 2 and 10 years). Wankers.
(04-08-2019, 02:22 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote: The trouble with criticising reactions/over-reactions are that they are normally a reaction to something either very obvious or that has been building up. The reaction after Saturday's result was not just to the absolute shite served up on the pitch but to the very obvious short sighted actions of the board. I can't remember any post blaming or criticising Shan. He has done remarkable given the circumstances. However, Saturday's reaction, for me, was a direct result of the shambolic previous few weeks and this beyond crazy match-by match position that Shan is in.

As for Wolves, fuck em. Yesterday couldn't be more deserving. Wasn't a Wolves fan in sight in Worcester 12 years ago when I moved here. A coach and minibus with 60 of the scratters left from a pub less than a mile away yesterday. I knew some of them. First game some of them had been to since I've known them (anywhere between 2 and 10 years). Wankers.

As anyone knows who's worked in an organisation where a senior manager has left and the company has a void with no clear plan all the workers after a while slack off because nobody is holding the whip or can apply the penalty. That will be the rest of our season unless they bring somebody in.
(04-08-2019, 02:22 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote: The trouble with criticising reactions/over-reactions are that they are normally a reaction to something either very obvious or that has been building up. The reaction after Saturday's result was not just to the absolute shite served up on the pitch but to the very obvious short sighted actions of the board. I can't remember any post blaming or criticising Shan. He has done remarkable given the circumstances. However, Saturday's reaction, for me, was a direct result of the shambolic previous few weeks and this beyond crazy match-by match position that Shan is in.

This, in spades.  Growing up in the Black Country I disliked them with justifiable venom. A more violent, stupid bunch of gobshites just doesn't exist. Living now in an Aston Villa area, it had worn off. I called an old Dingle mate and just managed to stop from wishing him well. A little later, watching the game in a pub in deepest Worcestershire, it took just 5 minutes to remember why I disliked them so much. The pub emptied within 5 minutes of the final whistle.  I called my brother in Kingswinford after, he was beside himself with joy pointing out he'd never seen as many people walking around in dirty yellow shirts in the lead up to the game. All clubs have got some morons, Wolves haven't got any fans that aren't.