Team…
(01-29-2022, 02:18 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote: I don't know why people are obsessed with berating the 3-4-3 formation. There's been nothing wrong with it per se, our only problem of note is with our play in the final third. Carroll is almost certain to improve that.

Absolutely. 

Antonio Conte eon the Premier league & FA Cup double playing a strict 3-4-3 formation. Guess some on here think he is crap too.
(01-29-2022, 02:26 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:18 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote: I don't know why people are obsessed with berating the 3-4-3 formation. There's been nothing wrong with it per se, our only problem of note is with our play in the final third. Carroll is almost certain to improve that.

My hatred of the formation is down to the following

Townsend (probably the best left back in the divison) - out of position at wing back
Furlong  - again, totally out of position.

The wing backs in this system need to contribute with either goals or assists, ours don't.

We haven't been able to play a flat 2 in midfield for seasons. With Livermore and Mowatt that's still the same.

Carroll may well win lots of knock downs, we have no-one playing in a number 10 role to pick them up.

There's just  a few issues with 3-4-3, there's plenty more. The fact we've been so absolute pants for 2 months playing the 3-4-3 and yet here we are again playing it today after the manager openly admitted he was 'bored' by his own team on Wednesday...

I dont particularly like 343, I think you have to better players than we have to use it.
But what I think is irrelevant,  it's the manager's choice.

If results continue to be poor, then at some stage between now and the end of the season, he will probably lose his job.
(01-29-2022, 02:36 PM)B36baggie Wrote:

Absolutely. 

Antonio Conte eon the Premier league & FA Cup double playing a strict 3-4-3 formation. Guess some on here think he is crap too.

But he had the players to make it work
Val’s comments were absolute tripe then. Sat up all night thinking I got the game plan wrong then proceeds to keep it the same in the following game. Baffling stuff.

If I was Grady Diangana, I’d be seething. Best player in the last 2 games and even after Vals outing of him last week…dropped again.
Better side than the one on Wednesday.Phillips in his best position, Clarke restored, no Reach.

COYB!
In fairness to SW4, I think hatred would have carried more of an insult to it than simply ‘fuck off’; which was probably aimed as much at the formation and dropping of Grady.

But since he’s still here and didn’t get bulleted midweek, the best outcome all-round would be for him to fix what’s wrong; unlikely as it is.
(01-29-2022, 02:21 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:13 PM)wba13 Wrote: Wish you would stop your hatred of Ismael, we all know you want him gone. But while he is still here you should get behind him and the team.

I’ve had no hatred for Ismael… I was supporting him until the PNE game so let’s nip that bullshit right there.

So what did he do SW at the PNE game (after a 3-0 win) that turned your support to hate in 90 minutes?  Huh

The players were not fit to wear the shirt on Wednesday.
(01-29-2022, 02:33 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: So it either sticks to Carroll or zero chances again?

You've missed the bit where we've had more goal attempts than anyone else in the division then?

(01-29-2022, 02:39 PM)Dumbo Wrote: If I was Grady Diangana, I’d be seething. Best player in the last 2 games and even after Vals outing of him last week…dropped again.

I agree that Diangana shouldn't have been dropped, but it's possible that he's carrying a slight niggle or else they don't feel he has sufficient stamina to play 3 games in a week.
(01-29-2022, 02:47 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:33 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: So it either sticks to Carroll or zero chances again?

You've missed the bit where we've had more goal attempts than anyone else in the division then?

(01-29-2022, 02:39 PM)Dumbo Wrote: If I was Grady Diangana, I’d be seething. Best player in the last 2 games and even after Vals outing of him last week…dropped again.

I agree that Diangana shouldn't have been dropped, but it's possible that he's carrying a slight niggle or else they don't feel he has sufficient stamina to play 3 games in a week.

Then he wouldn’t be on the bench. And he only came off the bench against P’boro.

Grady gets his confidence back and gets the love back from the fans to get dropped? It’s good that for his confidence.
(01-29-2022, 02:39 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Val’s comments were absolute tripe then. Sat up all night thinking I got the game plan wrong then proceeds to keep it the same in the following game. Baffling stuff.

If I was Grady Diangana, I’d be seething. Best player in the last 2 games and even after Vals outing of him last week…dropped again.

Shall we wait and see first? Formation is only one element. 

We played 343 against Bournemouth but we are a million miles away from their tactically.