How did you decide on your "Board names"...
It was one of many filums I liked as a kid. When I was trying to think of a name for this place the title popped into my head for some reason and here we are.

Could just as easily have gone with Kelly's Heroes, The Abominable Doctor Phibes, Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger or even Tiswas, Runaround, Grange Hill or Match of the Day etc.
(01-13-2022, 12:04 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: It was one of many filums I liked as a kid. When I was trying to think of a name for this place the title popped into my head for some reason and here we are.

Could just as easily have gone with Kelly's Heroes, The Abominable Doctor Phibes, Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger or even Tiswas, Runaround, Grange Hill or Match of the Day etc.

Good job Naked Attraction wasn't around then.
(01-13-2022, 12:07 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 12:04 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: It was one of many filums I liked as a kid. When I was trying to think of a name for this place the title popped into my head for some reason and here we are.

Good job I wasn't having evil thoughts about the Vile as well. Calling myself 'Cunts Everywhere' would have been a little unusual.
(01-13-2022, 12:07 PM)MrFizz Wrote:

Or Debbie Does Dallas.
Born and bred in Hell then things went downhill and I ended up living in Wolverhampton.

That's only partially true.
My bored name is a play on my actual names, with my footy team added at the end.
Big Elbow fan, (the band, not the body part - I'm more of a tits and bum man). It's hard work being a Baggies fan at times, so Elbow Grease seemed an appropriate phrase, and 1973 was my year of birth.

Simples...
When I kicked off on here I was BearwoodBaggie as that's where I'm from. However I left Bearwood long before I discovered this and so had to think of a new username. Purely as I'm of an age where the New Romantic era was part of my growing up this name shot in my head as a play on words. It has nothing to do with an affinity of Spandau Ballet, although I have to admit I had a girlfriend from Halesowen who was mad on them at the time, and we did see them together at the Odeon in 1983, so there is a little bit of a soft spot for the band.

(01-13-2022, 12:36 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: Big Elbow fan, (the band, not the body part - I'm more of a tits and bum man). It's hard work being a Baggies fan at times, so Elbow Grease seemed an appropriate phrase, and 1973 was my year of birth.

Simples...

What do you think of the new album? I have to admit I'm not as keen as usual, but maybe need to play it a couple more times.
Our favourite ‘Star soccer’ commentator from the seventies, with a play on the words ‘Big Hands.’
Galea is the Maltese sides surname.

My actual surname, Hayward, is not suitable for this board.
(01-13-2022, 12:02 PM)hudds Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 12:01 PM)Fido Wrote: My nickname from my old uni friends/housemates was Fido as each time they came back from campus I'd be curled up asleep on the sofa.

Not Tiddles, then?

On the odd occasions after too many pints of Brains.