Ashes
I'll no doubt tune in, and after 30mins with the Aussies 50/0 or us 15/3 i'll bugger off to bed. Big Grin
I may well avoid it. It's very hard to go to bed at lunchtime so I'll end up watching all night.
(12-07-2021, 06:15 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 05:00 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Bat first and I fear they'll run through us, bowl first and they'll be 350-2 at the end of the day.

I hope we play Jack Leach and Anderson is fit. Robinson, Broad, Anderson, Leach and Stokes to make up the bowling attack for me. Resist the temptation to go for Wood just yet, unless Anderson doesn't make it.

Both teams under prepared and some dodgy weather knocking around, if we can make it to Adelaide without our usual Gabba beating then you just never know what might happen.

Wood/Robinson/Woakes/Leach for me. Woakes looked sharp in the T20 World Cup, Robinson the best bowler last summer, Wood gives that extra dimension

Brave call dropping 1200 test wickets. Agree for the balance of the side Leach has to play.
(12-07-2021, 04:51 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Who’s staying up tonight then? Always watch the first session of the series, have done since 78/9 under Brearley (very crackley radio in those days of course). Hoping we bowl first, I could see them getting among us if they bowl. Come on England!

Broke the habit of a lifetime when having a heavy spread bet on the USA in the Ryder Cup.

Very tempted to do the same sort of bet here, but to lower stakes. I really can't see us having any chance and I'm sure the spreads in Australia would be much farther apart than they are over here.
(12-07-2021, 06:41 PM)MrFizz Wrote: I'll no doubt tune in, and after 30mins with the Aussies 50/0 or us 15/3 i'll bugger off to bed. Big Grin

This  Big Grin

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
I'll stay up with the intention of watching the first session, and fall asleep after 15 minutes. Wake up during the interval, stay awake to see the score, and climb into bed.
Last day at work tomorrow so I’ll stop up and watch… l
(12-07-2021, 07:09 PM)74bus Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 04:51 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Who’s staying up tonight then? Always watch the first session of the series, have done since 78/9 under Brearley (very crackley radio in those days of course). Hoping we bowl first, I could see them getting among us if they bowl. Come on England!

Broke the habit of a lifetime when having a heavy spread bet on the USA in the Ryder Cup.

Very tempted to do the same sort of bet here, but to lower stakes. I really can't see us having any chance and I'm sure the spreads in Australia would be much farther apart than they are over here.

You’re probably right that Aussies will win easy… one thing though, their batting isn’t brilliant past Smith and Labushagne. Warner at home has been very good in the past so whether he performs is crucial.

Also it’s been about 10 months since Aussies played a test match. That’s a fair amount of time.

Having said all this, I still think they’ll hammer England! Cummings and Hazlewood are superb, and Starc makes up a good three seamers. And Lyon is handy.
(12-07-2021, 06:59 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 06:15 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 05:00 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Bat first and I fear they'll run through us, bowl first and they'll be 350-2 at the end of the day.

I hope we play Jack Leach and Anderson is fit. Robinson, Broad, Anderson, Leach and Stokes to make up the bowling attack for me. Resist the temptation to go for Wood just yet, unless Anderson doesn't make it.

Both teams under prepared and some dodgy weather knocking around, if we can make it to Adelaide without our usual Gabba beating then you just never know what might happen.

Wood/Robinson/Woakes/Leach for me. Woakes looked sharp in the T20 World Cup, Robinson the best bowler last summer, Wood gives that extra dimension

Brave call dropping 1200 test wickets. Agree for the balance of the side Leach has to play.

94 of them in Australia. If Archer and Stone were fit, Anderson might not even be there. If it rains as forecast, Leach might not even bowl. Difficult call.
Fuck me