WBAUnofficial
Ashes - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Ashes (/showthread.php?tid=23030)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Ashes - Beachboysbaggie - 12-07-2021

Who’s staying up tonight then? Always watch the first session of the series, have done since 78/9 under Brearley (very crackley radio in those days of course). Hoping we bowl first, I could see them getting among us if they bowl. Come on England!

RE: Ashes - rsbaggy2 - 12-07-2021

(12-07-2021, 04:51 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Who’s staying up tonight then? Always watch the first session of the series, have done since 78/9 under Brearley (very crackley radio in those days of course). Hoping we bowl first, I could see them getting among us if they bowl. Come on England!

Bit of a chore staying up that late to watch 2 middling/average test teams!! Big Grin Tongue

RE: Ashes - Ted Maul - 12-07-2021

Bat first and I fear they'll run through us, bowl first and they'll be 350-2 at the end of the day.

I hope we play Jack Leach and Anderson is fit. Robinson, Broad, Anderson, Leach and Stokes to make up the bowling attack for me. Resist the temptation to go for Wood just yet, unless Anderson doesn't make it.

Both teams under prepared and some dodgy weather knocking around, if we can make it to Adelaide without our usual Gabba beating then you just never know what might happen.

RE: Ashes - Psalm23 - 12-07-2021

(12-07-2021, 04:55 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 04:51 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Who’s staying up tonight then? Always watch the first session of the series, have done since 78/9 under Brearley (very crackley radio in those days of course). Hoping we bowl first, I could see them getting among us if they bowl. Come on England!

Bit of a chore staying up that late to watch 2 middling/average test teams!! Big Grin Tongue

I wonder who'll be the first to snap at that bait?    Big Grin

RE: Ashes - rsbaggy2 - 12-07-2021

(12-07-2021, 05:00 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Bat first and I fear they'll run through us, bowl first and they'll be 350-2 at the end of the day.

I hope we play Jack Leach and Anderson is fit. Robinson, Broad, Anderson, Leach and Stokes to make up the bowling attack for me. Resist the temptation to go for Wood just yet, unless Anderson doesn't make it.

Both teams under prepared and some dodgy weather knocking around, if we can make it to Adelaide without our usual Gabba beating then you just never know what might happen.
Anderson rested.

RE: Ashes - Ted Maul - 12-07-2021

(12-07-2021, 05:06 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 05:00 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Bat first and I fear they'll run through us, bowl first and they'll be 350-2 at the end of the day.

Anderson rested.

Pinning a lot on that pink ball under the Adelaide lights already then.

RE: Ashes - Cuzer - 12-07-2021

(12-07-2021, 05:02 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 04:55 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:

I wonder who'll be the first to snap at that bait?    Big Grin

RS clearly, responding to his own posts Sad 

Cuzer

Forecast is shite, I'll be tuning in as always, whether we're a mid ranked team or test ranked number one I'll always be supporting, no jumping on the bandwagon here when it suits ;-)

If we can come out of here with a draw it would be a right result IMO and hopefully the weather will help

Cuzer

RE: Ashes - Cheshire East Baggie - 12-07-2021

I'll listen to the first few overs, it's a tradition. No-one's expecting Stokes to bowl much, so the choice of twelfth man from Broad/Woakes/Leach/Wood will be crucial. Broad for me, but the weather forecast might be what edges Leach out instead.

RE: Ashes - HeavyWoollenBaggie - 12-07-2021

I'm in. Buggering off to the spare room with the 42 inch screen, so I can wake up intermittently after inevitably falling asleep in the first half hour and check the score. A bit like sitting in the Halfords without the tartan rug and flask.

RE: Ashes - Beachboysbaggie - 12-07-2021

Wood/Robinson/Woakes/Leach for me. Woakes looked sharp in the T20 World Cup, Robinson the best bowler last summer, Wood gives that extra dimension