Covid Vaccination ID
I have no idea on the numbers. What I do know is that since taking the jab my own mother has had a number of issues the most worrying of which is a daily headache that has persisted from a couple of days after having the jab in early Feb. She is now being sent for blood tests to see what the problem is as they suspect an issue with platelets. She has absolutely zero previous history of any such issues. As a consequence she won't be having the 2nd jab. Coincidence?
I'd be interested to see where anyone has said you were talking shit, that may be exaggerated a bit. You might have been told that it doesn't look that way based on the data and it's less likely because we have the vaccine now.

And yes, a country where people can't use their own objectivity to see that vaccines are working and the more people that get vaccinated the better is stupid. You only have to look at countries where they have let it rip (Brazil) and the effect it is having on the whole population and not just the old. I couldn't give a shit if people want to gamble with their own lives, but in this case they are gambling with other people's as well.
(04-14-2021, 02:05 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I'd be interested to see where anyone has said you were talking shit, that may be exaggerated a bit. You might have been told that it doesn't look that way based on the data and it's less likely because we have the vaccine now.

And yes, a country where people can't use their own objectivity to see that vaccines are working and the more people that get vaccinated the better is stupid. You only have to look at countries where they have let it rip (Brazil) and the effect it is having on the whole population and not just the old. I couldn't give a shit if people want to gamble with their own lives, but in this case they are gambling with other people's as well.

I dont think letting it rip is sensible. I’d agree there! But the point is that bodily autonomy is a fundamental human right, so unless you want to change the law to hold people down to be vaccinated, or exclude them from normal life, then you’ll have to accept that others have a different view to you.
(04-14-2021, 02:03 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: I have no idea on the numbers. What I do know is that since taking the jab my own mother has had a number of issues the most worrying of which is a daily headache that has persisted from a couple of days after having the jab in early Feb. She is now being sent for blood tests to see what the problem is as they suspect an issue with platelets. She has absolutely zero previous history of any such issues. As a consequence she won't be having the 2nd jab. Coincidence?

No, but treatable and based on that 1 case you are saying that is conclusive. There is a well known issue with platelets and if you read the data on the actual virus then you would understand that if your mom gets covid then she is likely to be one of those affected seriously. From the date of the 1st jab your mom is either over 70 or extremely vulnerable and these factors need to be taken into account. The other option here is that she is frontline staff and it would give more info to know if she has had covid in the last 12 months.

You see there are so many variables that it becomes much more difficult to say 1 case = conclusive. I could say that as I have had the AZ vaccine and had minor issues for the following 24 hours means that it is perfectly safe based on my sample of 1. I would go more towards the 10s of millions vaccinated and the handful of cases globally leading me to a factually based understanding of the risk being very low.

(04-14-2021, 02:07 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 02:05 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I'd be interested to see where anyone has said you were talking shit, that may be exaggerated a bit. You might have been told that it doesn't look that way based on the data and it's less likely because we have the vaccine now.

I dont think letting it rip is sensible. I’d agree there! But the point is that bodily autonomy is a fundamental human right, so unless you want to change the law to hold people down to be vaccinated, or exclude them from normal life, then you’ll have to accept that others have a different view to you.

People vote Tory, that is a different view to me, it doesn't make them right. People have the right to decide if they have the vaccine, they will be stupid to then complain if we go into lockdown or they become ill.
(04-14-2021, 02:13 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 02:03 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: I have no idea on the numbers. What I do know is that since taking the jab my own mother has had a number of issues the most worrying of which is a daily headache that has persisted from a couple of days after having the jab in early Feb. She is now being sent for blood tests to see what the problem is as they suspect an issue with platelets. She has absolutely zero previous history of any such issues. As a consequence she won't be having the 2nd jab. Coincidence?

No, but treatable and based on that 1 case you are saying that is conclusive. There is a well known issue with platelets and if you read the data on the actual virus then you would understand that if your mom gets covid then she is likely to be one of those affected seriously. From the date of the 1st jab your mom is either over 70 or extremely vulnerable and these factors need to be taken into account. The other option here is that she is frontline staff and it would give more info to know if she has had covid in the last 12 months.

You see there are so many variables that it becomes much more difficult to say 1 case = conclusive. I could say that as I have had the AZ vaccine and had minor issues for the following 24 hours means that it is perfectly safe based on my sample of 1. I would go more towards the 10s of millions vaccinated and the handful of cases globally leading me to a factually based understanding of the risk being very low.

(04-14-2021, 02:07 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

People vote Tory, that is a different view to me, it doesn't make them right. People have the right to decide if they have the vaccine, they will be stupid to then complain if we go into lockdown or they become ill.

Lol, I don’t vote Tory either, but that doesn’t make us right or wrong.

I don’t think those that don’t want it will complain about getting ill, they take their chances and accept it.  And in terms of lockdowns, many will ignore them like the winter just gone.

I don’t think they’re complaining, it’s those that are annoyed with the people who don’t want the vaccine that are complaining. This is going to be the biggest division in our lifetimes and I refuse to be part of it. If people want the vaccine that’s fine. If people don’t, that’s fine.
I never said anything was conclusive. You are putting words in my mouth. I said there would be other cases of people 'having an issue' as you put it. I very much doubt she is the only person having complications. She hasn't even reported it to the Yellow Card so isn't included with the data on there.

Yes - she is early 70's - and no she hasn't had Covid. I appreciate the risk factor - that is why she had the jab in the first place.
(04-14-2021, 02:21 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: I never said anything was conclusive. You are putting words in my mouth. I said there would be other cases of people 'having an issue' as you put it. I very much doubt she is the only person having complications. She hasn't even reported it to the Yellow Card so isn't included with the data on there.

Yes - she is early 70's - and no she hasn't had Covid. I appreciate the risk factor - that is why she had the jab in the first place.

You said she hasn't reported it yet but is being sent for blood tests, surely that indicates she has reported it, or more accurately her doctor should have reported it.
(04-14-2021, 11:36 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:24 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:17 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:07 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Lockdowns will be used where they are needed and if they are needed. If the numbers in hospital rise above 5k again then I'd expect to see them introduced, that really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I've said many times, the more get vaccinated, the more we reduce the spread, the less likely we have a lockdown. It really is as simple as get vaccinated or we will likely see lockdowns.

Brazil has shown that this isn't just the over 50s anymore, time for people to start taking collective responsibility here before it s too late.

Lockdown back in full next winter IMO. I was told that I was ignoring the vaccine programme when myself and Nick said this. Now strangely Boris said the majority of the drop in cases is due to lockdown, not vaccinations. While on the same day Hancock said the vaccine has saved over 10k lives. I don’t get that, it seems a ridiculous contradiction.

We are fucked IMO. I really don’t think people are grasping the severity of the economic situation (or mental health).

Lockdowns will only be used if numbers in hospital start moving up above 5k, there is no other reason why it would be needed. If we don't get people vaccinated then expect those numbers in hospital to rise. If I were you I would be spelling this out to all those that say they are not having the vaccine, otherwise expect lockdowns - simple.

We're only fucked whilst we have people think that they know better.

Lol, I know they’ll be introduced if numbers go up. That was exactly mine and Nick’s point. We got told this wouldn’t happen due to the vaccines. The numbers will go up. I’m not telling anyone what to do mate, people are entitled to do what they want with their bodies.

We are fucked. The division this is going to create is awful. I’m not going to be part of that division by telling people what to do. It’s none of my business. I’m afraid the distrust in government will only increase with contradictions like yesterday’s between Boris and Hancock’s statements.

But I firmly believe we’re not on the home straight as some think, I firmly believe the chaos hasn’t even started yet.

It's also the right of those who need care and medical help not not to have to be cared for or treated by people who refuse to have the vaccination. If those working in Care or Health don't want the vaccination fine do another job or let it be know to those you're caring / looking after that you don't wish to be vaccinated and let the client / customer decide if they are happy to be seen by them.
(04-14-2021, 03:11 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:07 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Lockdowns will be used where they are needed and if they are needed. If the numbers in hospital rise above 5k again then I'd expect to see them introduced, that really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I've said many times, the more get vaccinated, the more we reduce the spread, the less likely we have a lockdown. It really is as simple as get vaccinated or we will likely see lockdowns.

Brazil has shown that this isn't just the over 50s anymore, time for people to start taking collective responsibility here before it s too late.

Lockdown back in full next winter IMO. I was told that I was ignoring the vaccine programme when myself and Nick said this. Now strangely Boris said the majority of the drop in cases is due to lockdown, not vaccinations. While on the same day Hancock said the vaccine has saved over 10k lives. I don’t get that, it seems a ridiculous contradiction.

We are fucked IMO. I really don’t think people are grasping the severity of the economic situation (or mental health).

Lockdowns will only be used if numbers in hospital start moving up above 5k, there is no other reason why it would be needed. If we don't get people vaccinated then expect those numbers in hospital to rise. If I were you I would be spelling this out to all those that say they are not having the vaccine, otherwise expect lockdowns - simple.

Lol, I know they’ll be introduced if numbers go up. That was exactly mine and Nick’s point. We got told this wouldn’t happen due to the vaccines. The numbers will go up. I’m not telling anyone what to do mate, people are entitled to do what they want with their bodies.

We are fucked. The division this is going to create is awful. I’m not going to be part of that division by telling people what to do. It’s none of my business. I’m afraid the distrust in government will only increase with contradictions like yesterday’s between Boris and Hancock’s statements.

But I firmly believe we’re not on the home straight as some think, I firmly believe the chaos hasn’t even started yet.

It's also the right of those who need care and medical help not not to have to be cared for or treated by people who refuse to have the vaccination. If those working in Care or Health don't want the vaccination fine do another job or let it be know to those you're caring / looking after that you don't wish to be vaccinated and let the client / customer decide if they are happy to be seen by them.

Exactly.

Also the misery merchants revelling in people's misery are yet to actually provide any data or sources for their idea the worst is yet to come, or anything similar.

No it’s not, that’s not the law at present. And as I’ve asked a few weeks ago when we had this discussion, what’s your plan when, for example, 20% refuse. Sack them? The system will collapse. If you ask the patient and 90% say they dont want treatment, it would be chaos. You hadn’t got a workable solution then so I’ll be interested to know if you’ve come up with one now.

As an aside, if you were ill with covid in hospital, or with anything else, would you refuse treatment from a non vaccinated doctor? Or would you take the treatment?

(04-14-2021, 03:14 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:17 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Lockdown back in full next winter IMO. I was told that I was ignoring the vaccine programme when myself and Nick said this. Now strangely Boris said the majority of the drop in cases is due to lockdown, not vaccinations. While on the same day Hancock said the vaccine has saved over 10k lives. I don’t get that, it seems a ridiculous contradiction.

Exactly.

Also the misery merchants revelling in people's misery are yet to actually provide any data or sources for their idea the worst is yet to come, or anything similar.

I’m certainly not revelling in misery, I just think the worst is to come. My argument is based on the pattern so far, that’s all. I hope I’m wrong.

My belief that economic carnage is coming is based on the extraordinary amounts of money printing, or quantative easing. I’m no economist though so would be happy to hear from folk on here who know miles more than I do about macro economics.

But no one is revelling in misery.