Covid Vaccination ID
(04-14-2021, 01:10 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 12:06 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:45 AM)baggy1 Wrote: You seem to be stuck in a binary world where vaccines alone will work, they are a tool in the armoury to use alongside social distancing, testing, masks and if needed lockdowns. It is becoming clear that without the majority of people vaccinated we will have to rely on the other tools including lockdowns.

The striking point in all of this is the stupidity of people and their 'distrust of authority / government'. These appear to be the same people who trust 'experts' on social media that have constantly been wrong about 'we've reached herd immunity', 'it's seasonal', 'it's endemic not pandemic', 'the vaccines are dangerous', 'the vaccine can cause infertility', 'we don't need lockdowns' - that really is strikingly stupid.

It's all very well saying this but which Government are we supposed to trust? For example with the AZ jab we are not using it on under 30's whilst  others are using it only on people over 50 and Denmark have banned it all together. Who is correct?

It's not which one is correct or not, they are all making decisions based on their perceived risk. It is logical to think that the AZ vaccine is safe based on the tens of millions of doses dished out and the handful of cases that have subsequently suffered with a bloodclot. They are being cautious until they get more information but the reality is that it is extremely unlikely that this would be a widespread problem. The govts are making decisions based on their options available and the rollout timetable, it is the only vaccine with any issues to investigate so they are using other options, they're not stopping using it.

(04-14-2021, 12:08 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 12:06 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:45 AM)baggy1 Wrote: You seem to be stuck in a binary world where vaccines alone will work, they are a tool in the armoury to use alongside social distancing, testing, masks and if needed lockdowns. It is becoming clear that without the majority of people vaccinated we will have to rely on the other tools including lockdowns.

The striking point in all of this is the stupidity of people and their 'distrust of authority / government'. These appear to be the same people who trust 'experts' on social media that have constantly been wrong about 'we've reached herd immunity', 'it's seasonal', 'it's endemic not pandemic', 'the vaccines are dangerous', 'the vaccine can cause infertility', 'we don't need lockdowns' - that really is strikingly stupid.

It's all very well saying this but which Government are we supposed to trust? For example with the AZ jab we are not using it on under 30's whilst  others are using it only on people over 50 and Denmark have banned it all together. Who is correct?

Plus the government keep lying and moving goalposts. So people are going to trust them less and less.

You should mention that more often, it would give someone else the option to point out that facts change. Fucks sake bb, give up on this one.
Which is why some people won't be rushing to take the vaccine. 2 weeks ago there was no case to answer according to the Govt. Now it has been pulled for the under 30's. What are they going to do next week?
The issue is more your inability to ignore what the govt are saying and just use common sense, when Boris says we will never return to lockdowns it is common sense that he can't say that based on the knowledge we hold. Common sense also says that hospitalisations are still falling at the moment and that will be as a result of the measure in place, as we release those measures slowly we can monitor the position and make decisions based on that data. We also can compare it directly with what happened last year as well to see if the vaccines are making a difference. When we opened the schools in September the hospitalisations started to rise, when we did it in March they haven't - the only difference I can see is the vaccine.

(04-14-2021, 12:06 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Which is why some people won't be rushing to take the vaccine. 2 weeks ago there was no case to answer according to the Govt. Now it has been pulled for the under 30's. What are they going to do next week?

There are literally 10s of millions of people that have had the vaccine and about a dozen globally that have had an issue that may or may not be linked. Use common sense.
(04-14-2021, 01:32 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The issue is more your inability to ignore what the govt are saying and just use common sense, when Boris says we will never return to lockdowns it is common sense that he can't say that based on the knowledge we hold. Common sense also says that hospitalisations are still falling at the moment and that will be as a result of the measure in place, as we release those measures slowly we can monitor the position and make decisions based on that data. We also can compare it directly with what happened last year as well to see if the vaccines are making a difference. When we opened the schools in September the hospitalisations started to rise, when we did it in March they haven't - the only difference I can see is the vaccine.

I do ignore the government, they’re full of shit. I agree vaccines should/are making a difference. But Boris was not exactly saying that yesterday. Although Hancock was.

I just think it won’t be enough (despite huge take up in over 50s) and we’ll be locked down again. And I think the country/world is going towards financial chaos, like nothing we’ve ever seen. As I’ve said, hope I’m wrong.
(04-14-2021, 01:37 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 01:32 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The issue is more your inability to ignore what the govt are saying and just use common sense, when Boris says we will never return to lockdowns it is common sense that he can't say that based on the knowledge we hold. Common sense also says that hospitalisations are still falling at the moment and that will be as a result of the measure in place, as we release those measures slowly we can monitor the position and make decisions based on that data. We also can compare it directly with what happened last year as well to see if the vaccines are making a difference. When we opened the schools in September the hospitalisations started to rise, when we did it in March they haven't - the only difference I can see is the vaccine.

I do ignore the government, they’re full of shit. I agree vaccines should/are making a difference. But Boris was not exactly saying that yesterday. Although Hancock was.

I just think it won’t be enough (despite huge take up in over 50s) and we’ll be locked down again. And I think the country/world is going towards financial chaos, like nothing we’ve ever seen. As I’ve said, hope I’m wrong.

You're clearly not ignoring them because you keep quoting them.
(04-14-2021, 01:40 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Crikey that’s not what I mean by ignore. I’m not ignoring their blatant u turns, they’re there for all to see. But I’m aware that when they say something, they’ll probably change their mind in a fortnight. As a lot of people are.
There will be many more than a dozen 'having an issue' without a doubt.
(04-14-2021, 01:42 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Crikey that’s not what I mean by ignore. I’m not ignoring their blatant u turns, they’re there for all to see. But I’m aware that when they say something, they’ll probably change their mind in a fortnight. As a lot of people are.

Exactly, and as long as enough people see this and stop giving them their cross we will be fine. The contradictions and stupid decisions are virtually daily by this bunch but ignore that and watch the figures, that should calm your nerves.
(04-14-2021, 01:45 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Exactly, and as long as enough people see this and stop giving them their cross we will be fine. The contradictions and stupid decisions are virtually daily by this bunch but ignore that and watch the figures, that should calm your nerves.

I think a lot of people find them constantly lying and uturning unacceptable baggy1. That’s the point a lot have been making. And it decreases trust in the government in general, whether you accept that or not.
(04-14-2021, 01:45 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: There will be many more than a dozen 'having an issue' without a doubt.

How many BB? what info do you have or is this just a complete guess? And have you managed to link the two facts (vaccine being dished out / blood clot occurring) or can you tell us if the number of blood clots occurring are outside the normal occurrence numbers?

(04-14-2021, 01:47 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 01:37 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: I do ignore the government, they’re full of shit. I agree vaccines should/are making a difference. But Boris was not exactly saying that yesterday. Although Hancock was.

I think a lot of people find them constantly lying and uturning unacceptable baggy1. That’s the point a lot have been making. And it decreases trust in the government in general, whether you accept that or not.

And back to my point that it is strikingly stupid. If people use common sense and look at the figures, 60% plus of the population is vaccinated and hospitalisations are falling = vaccines good. People under 40 in Brazil are getting hospitalised = get vaccinated or the numbers in hospital will go up = lockdown.

COMMON FUCKING SENSE (No government comment was used in reaching this conclusion)
(04-14-2021, 01:48 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 01:45 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: There will be many more than a dozen 'having an issue' without a doubt.

How many BB? what info do you have or is this just a complete guess? And have you managed to link the two facts (vaccine being dished out / blood clot occurring) or can you tell us if the number of blood clots occurring are outside the normal occurrence numbers?

(04-14-2021, 01:47 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 01:40 PM)baggy1 Wrote: You're clearly not ignoring them because you keep quoting them.

And back to my point that it is strikingly stupid. If people use common sense and look at the figures, 60% plus of the population is vaccinated and hospitalisations are falling = vaccines good. People under 40 in Brazil are getting hospitalised = get vaccinated or the numbers in hospital will go up = lockdown.

COMMON FUCKING SENSE (No government comment was used in reaching this conclusion)

It’s stupid to distrust a lying government? Crikey.

I think many would think it’s actually the opposite, but each to their own.

As I’ve said many times, a number of people think the vaccine is good for older people and vulnerable but  have their own reasons for not wanting it. Their opinion is as good as anyone’s. It’s not a binary world...

And yes we’ll be back in lockdown. Me and Nick said that weeks ago and were told we were talking shit.