Food / drink you no longer tend to see
bottles of camp coffee ( chicory essence really - bloody foul stuff).
bottles of sterilised milk with the narrow neck
condensed milk

all were common items on a Smethwick kitchen table where the household had no fridge.
Whatever happened to Chicken Tonight?

Growing up in the 90s I swear my mom's culinary expertise stretched just about to pouring various jars of that stuff over chopped up chicken breast!
(04-07-2021, 02:21 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Cheese footballs.....thank God!
One of the few foods I cannot stomach....absolutely foul.

As for semolina, my wife has rediscovered it of late and has a bowl most days. Looks like wallpaper paste to me!

My missus always buys a box for Xmas for some unknown reason. Bloody horrible things.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
(04-07-2021, 03:18 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Whatever happened to Chicken Tonight?

Growing up in the 90s I swear my mom's culinary expertise stretched just about to pouring various jars of that stuff over chopped up chicken breast!

They are still available
Are Fray Bentos (check spelling!) still in existence? If so, are the pies in a tin still available?
Not seen one in the shops in years.

Did you all act like you were at a rave when you found out what you were having for dinner, with a neighbour walking past the house (speaking to camera) stating "they're  having chicken tonight"?
(04-07-2021, 03:40 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Are Fray Bentos (check spelling!) still in existence? If so, are the pies in a tin still available?

Did you all act like you were at a rave when you found out what you were having for dinner, with a neighbour walking past the house (speaking to camera) stating "they're  having chicken tonight"?

Ian Wright was permanently in my garden!

Re: Fray Bentos pies... you can still get them, they're a guilty pleasure of mine... Usually reduced to a £1 most of the time in Tesco Big Grin
(04-07-2021, 03:01 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 02:30 PM)TR 675 Wrote: Cans of Breaker Lager

That was just the tonic to get blootered on away trips with no decent pubs.

The Classic 80s/90s BBQ lager.

Lager of Lamot with its sabre tooth horse on the ads.
(04-07-2021, 03:40 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Are Fray Bentos (check spelling!) still in existence? If so, are the pies in a tin still available?

Fray Bentos definitely still around. I usually invest in a couple in the holidays when the missus heads up north with the kids to the in laws for a few days and I can't be arsed cooking
(04-07-2021, 04:50 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Fray Bentos definitely still around. I usually invest in a couple in the holidays when the missus heads up north with the kids to the in laws for a few days and I can't be arsed cooking

If you had ever visited the factory where FB is produced, you would not touch one with a barge pole - literally.

Also, Spangles.