Best Man For The Job
(12-29-2020, 09:58 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 09:55 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: A team of Jesus, Mohammed, Bhudda and that one with the elephant head (Ziz is Indian (lol)) wouldn't keep this lot up.

I'm just surprised why some are so surprised?

Nick’s really revelling in it tonight.

Of course he is. The bloke is a prize cunt who only ever seems to pipe up when we’ve been shit.
(12-29-2020, 09:55 PM)devonstroller Wrote: Do people seriously still think it was the right time to sack Bilic? We may well have been relegated, but the point is, it wouldn't have been because the manager wasn't good enough,  its because the squad isn't good enough,  and the investment wasn't there. How was a new manager supposed to help?No manager was going to turn it round, Bilic had at least as much of a chance (probably more of a chance) than anyone else. And if we'd been relegated then give him the opportunity to carry on building. Pereira and Grady were exciting signings and most thought they'd have a go in this league. And for Pereira at least,  the early signs were promising. It's gone south since of course. But the manager was not the main problem,  sio no point changing.

It was time for Bilic to go. But I wasn't sure anyone could fix the issues then either.

The way he acted over the summer and throughout the transfer window did for me. The way we came back from a rest, less fit than everyone else was the start of my doubts on him.
(12-29-2020, 10:01 PM)BilstonBaggie Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 09:55 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: A team of Jesus, Mohammed, Bhudda and that one with the elephant head (Ziz is Indian (lol)) wouldn't keep this lot up.

Of course he is. The bloke is a prize cunt who only ever seems to pipe up when we’ve been shit.

Curb the language, mate. It makes you look daft.

No. Disappointing night really.
(12-29-2020, 10:03 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Didn't you use TCiD at every opportunity, don't complain about language now.
(12-29-2020, 10:04 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

I never have aimed such profanity at another member of this forum.

Please show me where I have.
(12-29-2020, 10:29 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 09:58 PM)Duffers Wrote: Nick’s really revelling in it tonight.

Doesn't matter. The fact you used that, after I asked for it to stop makes my point.
(12-29-2020, 10:31 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 10:29 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 10:01 PM)BilstonBaggie Wrote: Of course he is. The bloke is a prize cunt who only ever seems to pipe up when we’ve been shit.

Doesn't matter. The fact you used that, after I asked for it to stop makes my point.

Fair enough.

Using a naughty word isn't the same as calling someone a naughty word in my book. It's personal? Not that I care of course, he's from Bilston so has his own shit to deal with!  Cool Wink Big Grin
All I will say is this side yes the championship players who Bilic wanted are gutless, if they go 2 down they fold like paper, we won’t know until Allardyce brings in his own players if we are up for the fight, Gibbs has to go to fragile, Sawyers is a liability along with Phillips. We need a real leader of the Deeney type along with a box to box midfielder. The only player to get out of tonight without criticism was Johnstone who had no chance with any of the goals and must have wondered what happened to the 10 players in front of him.
(12-29-2020, 10:52 PM)wba13 Wrote: All I will say is this side yes the championship players who Bilic wanted are gutless, if they go 2 down they fold like paper, we won’t  know until Allardyce brings in his own players if we are up for the fight, Gibbs has to go to fragile, Sawyers is a liability along with Phillips. We need a real leader of the Deeney type along with a box to box midfielder. The only player to get out of tonight without criticism was Johnstone who had no chance with any of the goals and must have wondered what happened to the 10 players in front of him.

We needed a Deeney type in the summer.

Experience counts for so much.
(12-29-2020, 10:02 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 09:55 PM)devonstroller Wrote: Do people seriously still think it was the right time to sack Bilic? We may well have been relegated, but the point is, it wouldn't have been because the manager wasn't good enough,  its because the squad isn't good enough,  and the investment wasn't there. How was a new manager supposed to help?No manager was going to turn it round, Bilic had at least as much of a chance (probably more of a chance) than anyone else. And if we'd been relegated then give him the opportunity to carry on building. Pereira and Grady were exciting signings and most thought they'd have a go in this league. And for Pereira at least,  the early signs were promising. It's gone south since of course. But the manager was not the main problem,  sio no point changing.

It was time for Bilic to go. But I wasn't sure anyone could fix the issues then either.

The way he acted over the summer and throughout the transfer window did for me. The way we came back from a rest, less fit than everyone else was the start of my doubts on him.

Not just less fit, but mentally weak.

This team have no fight. They haven't had any since lockdown, but they've avoided hard questioning because the media was too dazzled by Bilic to ask any hard questions. 

Oh well. At least the Bilic In crew have stopped claiming he would have taken us back up next season.