What will it take...
(03-30-2020, 12:49 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:43 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:13 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: All very civilised at the Coop in Thurso.

Co-op still do funeral plans too.
But not a divvy as well.  Ypou can't take it with ypou.

I will try and spend everything accrued on my Co-op card before the end - if not, you can have it

Bought any cabbages lately?
(03-30-2020, 12:03 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 11:47 AM)baggy1 Wrote: to get people to realise that this will impact on everyone eventually. My wife's gone to the shop to get milk and some frozen and tinned stuff and people are just walking around Iceland with their kids, one woman coughing away and no-one keeping any form of distance.

Yesterday we went out for our daily walk and some fat sweat ran past me and nearly knocked me over he was that close. 

People simply don't get it and unfortunately it doesn't look like they will until it directly impacts on them or their loved ones.

Iceland shoppers.... say no more.  You don't get that sort of behaviour at Waitrose.  Peasants.
Without trying to make it into some class thing, it's obvious that people lower down the economic scale will generally have more issues coming to terms with this for a multitude of reasons and cheaper shops will have more problematic people, just in the same way it's more likely to kick off in a cheap pub rather than a nice gastro pub in a leafy village. I saw more morons in Aldi, which I use a fair bit, a couple of weeks ago than I did in Sainsburys, so have tried to avoid it best I can.
(03-30-2020, 12:57 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:51 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:43 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:13 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: All very civilised at the Coop in Thurso.

Co-op still do funeral plans too.
But not a divvy as well.  Ypou can't take it with ypou.

I will try and spend everything accrued on my Co-op card before the end - if not, you can have it

no - do you have a shortage of cabbages? I find bacon and cabbage is actually nicer without the cabbage though
No shortage.  The farmer's wife brought round about 20lb of spuds a few days ago.  We have been eating them ever since.  Not non-stop, only at meal time.
(03-30-2020, 01:26 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:57 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:51 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:43 PM)hudds Wrote: But not a divvy as well.  Ypou can't take it with ypou.

no - do you have a shortage of cabbages? I find bacon and cabbage is actually nicer without the cabbage though
No shortage.  The farmer's wife brought round about 20lb of spuds a few days ago.  We have been eating them ever since.  Not non-stop, only at meal time.

Poster "spudgun" is seething with envy as we speak.
from a 2011 Rod Liddle column

A woman has been denied a job as a cleaner at the frozen-food store Iceland because she has a tattoo on her hand, and she is now moaning about it. Sarah Garton has a tattoo of a lily and a vine on her hand. She also had other chavstamps on her wrist and shoulder.

Iceland has a policy of not employing people with visible tattoos, presumably so it can distinguish between its staff and its customers. A survey (carried out by me) revealed that of people buying the Iceland 75-piece Chinese Platter (£5), 82% had a tattoo of a dolphin leaping out of the cleft of their buttocks and 28% had “All Coppers Are Bastards” on their knuckles.

I don’t have the figures for vines and lilies.