What will it take...
to get people to realise that this will impact on everyone eventually. My wife's gone to the shop to get milk and some frozen and tinned stuff and people are just walking around Iceland with their kids, one woman coughing away and no-one keeping any form of distance.

Yesterday we went out for our daily walk and some fat sweat ran past me and nearly knocked me over he was that close. 

People simply don't get it and unfortunately it doesn't look like they will until it directly impacts on them or their loved ones.
I’ve been to the shops twice to get essentials. Superbly managed by Asda to keep a low amount of people in the shop at any one time. Those that were in the shop were respectful of the guidelines and kept their distance. The roads are empty. Pretty much every car on my street sits on the drive. MOST people have adapted well and Most are taking this seriously. You choose to focus on what you choose. And continue to go on you walks and wait for people to move out of your way, whilst you keep walking.
(03-30-2020, 11:47 AM)baggy1 Wrote: to get people to realise that this will impact on everyone eventually. My wife's gone to the shop to get milk and some frozen and tinned stuff and people are just walking around Iceland with their kids, one woman coughing away and no-one keeping any form of distance.

Yesterday we went out for our daily walk and some fat sweat ran past me and nearly knocked me over he was that close. 

People simply don't get it and unfortunately it doesn't look like they will until it directly impacts on them or their loved ones.

Iceland shoppers.... say no more.  You don't get that sort of behaviour at Waitrose.  Peasants.
(03-30-2020, 11:57 AM)Dumbo Wrote: I’ve been to the shops twice to get essentials. Superbly managed by Asda to keep a low amount of people in the shop at any one time. Those that were in the shop were respectful of the guidelines and kept their distance. The roads are empty. Pretty much every car on my street sits on the drive. MOST people have adapted well and Most are taking this seriously. You choose to focus on what you choose. And continue to go on you walks and wait for people to move out of your way, whilst you keep walking.

Nice - you’ve assumed that I was walking towards the jogger. He caught up with me with both of us going in the same direction. 

I agree on the general point, I was talking about the ones that still don’t understand.
I have to say that the over-80 age group seems to be the least considerate and aware around the shops. Not that that's particularly new in my experience.
All been very civilised around Moseley and Kings Heath... Sainsburys, Lidl and Asda have all limited the number of shoppers allowed in store and most shoppers are keeping their distance. There's always going to be the odd twat shoving their way through and not respecting guidelines but for the most part everyone is doing their bit.

The parks have a few people in due to the weather, but as long as people are keeping their distance there's nothing wrong with people having a stroll.

Whilst people are still flying into the country without testing and piling into aircraft with no social distancing for 12 hours at a time, having 20 or 30 people a couple metres apart walking round an open air park isn't going to do any damage.
I've not been out since Friday, but everyone seemed to be doing the right thing around the shops and petrol stations then.
I think on the whole most people have adapted fairly well to the new rules.
(03-30-2020, 12:13 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: All very civilised at the Coop in Thurso.

Co-op still do funeral plans too.
But not a divvy as well.  Ypou can't take it with ypou.
(03-30-2020, 12:36 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: All been very civilised around Moseley and Kings Heath... Sainsburys, Lidl and Asda have all limited the number of shoppers allowed in store and most shoppers are keeping their distance. There's always going to be the odd twat shoving their way through and not respecting guidelines but for the most part everyone is doing their bit.

The parks have a few people in due to the weather, but as long as people are keeping their distance there's nothing wrong with people having a stroll.

Whilst people are still flying into the country without testing and piling into aircraft with no social distancing for 12 hours at a time, having 20 or 30 people a couple metres apart walking round an open air park isn't going to do any damage.

Is that still happening SW4? We were on a flight from Boa Vista a week last Thursday so we have been self-isolating as best as we can since then, but I didn't realise flights were still operating. One thing that I did notice was that going into Boa Vista, which if anyone has been is a pretty basic airport, they were temperature scanning everyone that arrived using thermal imaging, there was nothing like that back in Brum.