Ben Foster
(03-02-2020, 05:04 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 04:43 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 04:10 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Talk of Spurs looking at him. Keeper's who look after themselves can play until 40, possibly more. Big Ben is as good, if not better, than he has ever been. feel sorry for SJ following in his footsteps- it's a bit like anyone after Fergie at United.

Feel sorry for SJ ?? Not in the same class !
I do as well Ferenc and nothing angers me more than the twats at games haranguing Johnson. That is so ridiculously counterproductive and far more likely to damage his confidence, thereby playing into the hands of the opposition.
Keeper is the number one confidence position and only morons would get on his back. 
On Saturday he was blamed for the goal by some, which I felt was harsh. He had a decent game and our problems on Saturday was in open play where we were sluggish and we barely created anything.
Johnson, as long as he's wearing the jersey should be supported wholeheartedly.

JOHNSTONE.

Good evening Don.
(03-02-2020, 04:10 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Talk of Spurs looking at him. Keeper's who look after themselves can play until 40, possibly more. Big Ben is as good, if not better, than he has ever been. feel sorry for SJ following in his footsteps- it's a bit like anyone after Fergie at United.

I do as well Ferenc and nothing angers me more than the twats at games haranguing Johnson. That is so ridiculously counterproductive and far more likely to damage his confidence, thereby playing into the hands of the opposition.
Keeper is the number one confidence position and only morons would get on his back. 
On Saturday he was blamed for the goal by some, which I felt was harsh. He had a decent game and our problems on Saturday was in open play where we were sluggish and we barely created anything.
Well said, Spandau.
Just because Ben was terrific doesn't mean Sam is crap.
He isn't. He's pretty good IMO.
But how do we expect commitment from players if we aren't committed?
I despair really. 
But our fans are better than villa's aren't they!
(03-02-2020, 06:23 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

Well said, Spandau.
I despair really. 

He may be listening and learning. I saw him punch one on Saturday. 3rd of the season.
(03-02-2020, 07:50 PM)billybassett Wrote:

Well said, Spandau.
I despair really. 

He may be listening and learning. I saw him punch one on Saturday. 3rd of the season.
He punched a couple, and got distance on them.

Another 6 yard box goal, but not his fault.

I wouldn't have Fozzie back. Starting to look his age after xmas.xmas
(03-02-2020, 08:18 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 07:50 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 04:43 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Feel sorry for SJ ?? Not in the same class !
Well said, Spandau.
I despair really. 

He punched a couple, and got distance on them.

Another 6 yard box goal, but not his fault.

I wouldn't have Fozzie back. Starting to look his age after xmas.xmas

Aside from the bizarre decision not to come for a cross that was like two steps in front of him Johnstone did fine, made some very good saves from one on ones in the second half as well.
Lots doing the rounds on Twitter and on the news this morning about how warmly he treated a disabled mascot during the Liverpool victory; he has a heart of gold that guy. So it’s a such a shame it ended the way it did.

No need to revisit it really. Wish he had stayed; but that’s that now. There wouldn’t be much merit in him returning unless he was happy to be understudy to Johnstone; which is unlikely.
Johntone never leaves his line or comes out to catch a ball, unless his area is free of opponents, ok, he occasionally punches , which then only makes it anybodys ball, probably the opposition ! Why haven't these basic goalkeeping attributes been addressed by the coaching staff.
Johnstone does not rate anywhere in the top keepers in this league. Ok he occasionally flies around and pushes one round the post, but he definitely lacks basic positional play, indeed there are better keepers in the lower levels. God help him if we go up l
(03-03-2020, 01:54 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Johntone never leaves his line or comes out to catch a ball, unless his area is free of opponents, ok, he occasionally punches , which then only makes it anybodys ball, probably the opposition ! Why haven't these basic goalkeeping attributes been addressed by the coaching staff.                
Johnstone does not rate anywhere in the top keepers in this league. Ok he occasionally flies around and pushes one round the post, but he definitely lacks basic positional play, indeed there are better keepers in the lower levels. God help him if we go up l

+1
A wise man
https://www.football365.com/news/opinion...d-nice-guy
(03-03-2020, 02:12 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 01:54 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Johntone never leaves his line or comes out to catch a ball, unless his area is free of opponents, ok, he occasionally punches , which then only makes it anybodys ball, probably the opposition ! Why haven't these basic goalkeeping attributes been addressed by the coaching staff.                

+1
A wise man

Complete and utter rubbish . He’s a very good keeper he shows one of the reasons why we’re top of the league. I listen to what most fans, coaches, management and Best manager we have had in years say about him not rubbish that some posters post. As for Ben great keeper and a good man , but remember he could not get out of here quick enough when we were relegated and I seem to remember he was on strike with Dawson.