WBAUnofficial
Ben Foster - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Ben Foster (/showthread.php?tid=9263)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ben Foster - Old Stroller - 03-02-2020

Really good interview with him on talkSPORT this lunchtime. Speaks a lot a sense and came over as an intelligent, switched on player, much more so than recent similar interviews with Alan Hutton and Gabby Agbonlahor.

One interesting point is that he is out of contract this summer, and Watford have shown no signs yet of initiating talks. I’d like to hope our monitoring team have been in touch about getting him back up here. 

If he’d stayed here rather than being basically shown the door I’m of the opinion we’d have gone up last season.

RE: Ben Foster - billybassett - 03-02-2020

Go get him ...

RE: Ben Foster - ferencpuskas - 03-02-2020

If its true, goo an gerrim NOW  !!!

RE: Ben Foster - Johnnykayeengland - 03-02-2020

(03-02-2020, 02:08 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote: If its true, goo an gerrim NOW  !!!
One of the tabloids linking him with Spurs

RE: Ben Foster - Old Stroller - 03-02-2020

(03-02-2020, 03:41 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: One of the tabloids linking him with Spurs

That’s what prompted the conversation. He said there was nothing in it and no-one had been in touch with him.

RE: Ben Foster - Hopalong - 03-02-2020

(03-02-2020, 03:46 PM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 03:41 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: One of the tabloids linking him with Spurs

That’s what prompted the conversation. He said there was nothing in it and no-one had been in touch with him.

Watford will be waiting to see if they survive, which I believe they will.   You would think there would then be a contract offer but maybe we could bring the Judas home for 29 pieces of silver.  Rolleyes Big Grin

RE: Ben Foster - billybassett - 03-02-2020

(03-02-2020, 04:04 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 03:46 PM)Old Stroller Wrote:

Watford will be waiting to see if they survive, which I believe they will.   You would think there would then be a contract offer but maybe we could bring the Judas home for 29 pieces of silver.  Rolleyes Big Grin

At least he wouldn't drop the silver

RE: Ben Foster - Spandaubaggie - 03-02-2020

Talk of Spurs looking at him. Keeper's who look after themselves can play until 40, possibly more. Big Ben is as good, if not better, than he has ever been. feel sorry for SJ following in his footsteps- it's a bit like anyone after Fergie at United.

RE: Ben Foster - ferencpuskas - 03-02-2020

(03-02-2020, 04:10 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Talk of Spurs looking at him. Keeper's who look after themselves can play until 40, possibly more. Big Ben is as good, if not better, than he has ever been. feel sorry for SJ following in his footsteps- it's a bit like anyone after Fergie at United.

Feel sorry for SJ ?? Not in the same class !

RE: Ben Foster - Spandaubaggie - 03-02-2020

(03-02-2020, 04:43 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 04:10 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Talk of Spurs looking at him. Keeper's who look after themselves can play until 40, possibly more. Big Ben is as good, if not better, than he has ever been. feel sorry for SJ following in his footsteps- it's a bit like anyone after Fergie at United.

Feel sorry for SJ ?? Not in the same class !
I do as well Ferenc and nothing angers me more than the twats at games haranguing Johnson. That is so ridiculously counterproductive and far more likely to damage his confidence, thereby playing into the hands of the opposition.
Keeper is the number one confidence position and only morons would get on his back. 
On Saturday he was blamed for the goal by some, which I felt was harsh. He had a decent game and our problems on Saturday was in open play where we were sluggish and we barely created anything.
Johnson, as long as he's wearing the jersey should be supported wholeheartedly.