Coronavirus Match Cancellations
(02-28-2020, 05:15 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 04:32 PM)HugeHons Wrote: Is this dominating a lot of news because there isn’t much going on except for flooding? Hundreds die every year in the UK from the flu virus but it is rarely, if ever,reported.There was around 13,000 reported deaths in 2008 in the UK.
And why has Boris disappeared?

Got to be honest I'm little baffled by it all. The death rate appears to be relatively low at the moment. 
Reading on the BBC news site, 250,000 - 650,000 people die each year from influenza worldwide.
I can understand the need to learn more about the virus and keeping it relatively contained. Just seems the coverage of it all is little excessive at the moment.

I agree. Seems to be a common theme now to go OTT though.
(02-28-2020, 03:52 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 02:36 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Inevitable, unfortunately.

Says who? Serie A games being played behind closed doors and they are looking into the feasibility of The Euro's being the same.

A far likelier possibility IMO with arrangements made regarding televising top tier games.

Erm, me. 

Time will tell...
(02-28-2020, 05:02 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Can't see it personally. In other countries maybe.

Why ???
(02-28-2020, 05:47 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 04:32 PM)HugeHons Wrote: Is this dominating a lot of news because there isn’t much going on except for flooding? Hundreds die every year in the UK from the flu virus but it is rarely, if ever,reported.There was around 13,000 reported deaths in 2008 in the UK.

Got to be honest I'm little baffled by it all. The death rate appears to be relatively low at the moment. 
Reading on the BBC news site, 250,000 - 650,000 people die each year from influenza worldwide.
I can understand the need to learn more about the virus and keeping it relatively contained. Just seems the coverage of it all is little excessive at the moment.

Had an in-depth chat with a Professor in geriatric health this afternoon on the virus. He said cases have stabilised in Wuhan and although it’s more virulent than the flu it is less deadly. He reckons that governments are being very heavy handed and it’ll affect the economies. As for fatalities it’ll take the frail and elderly just like a flu. The rest will be fine.
(02-28-2020, 03:24 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: If the only reason we're denied promotion and Villa stay up is because some bint in China ate a bat I'm going to extremely pissed off.

Why? Does Greasy have it? I thought he had mad cow disease, where your legs buckle underneath you.

[Image: 0_A-Friesan-cow-suffering-from-Mad-Cow-disease.jpg]
(02-28-2020, 07:52 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 03:24 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: If the only reason we're denied promotion and Villa stay up is because some bint in China ate a bat I'm going to extremely pissed off.

Why? Does Greasy have it? I thought he had mad cow disease, where your legs buckle underneath you.

I remember driving to Scotland during that crisis. Awful sights and smells of burning cattle. Terrible.
(02-28-2020, 08:25 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 07:52 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

I remember driving to Scotland during that crisis. Awful sights and smells of burning cattle. Terrible.

Sure that wasn’t haggis?
(02-28-2020, 03:28 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

I'd like to put an arf, but it ain't beyond the realms of possibility knowing them jammy sods.

Dr Tony,,,,, taps nose  Rolleyes
(02-28-2020, 07:23 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 05:47 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Had an in-depth chat with a Professor in geriatric health this afternoon on the virus. He said cases have stabilised in Wuhan and although it’s more virulent than the flu it is less deadly. He reckons that governments are being very heavy handed and it’ll affect the economies. As for fatalities it’ll take the frail and elderly just like a flu. The rest will be fine.

Just need to look at the stock markets around the world this week to see it’s already having an effect.

Here in NZ we had our first case confirmed yesterday(Friday) Now you can’t get in the fuggin supermarkets as they’re packed with people panic buying. 
Media hype and stupid people are causing bigger problems than the virus itself.
(02-28-2020, 07:12 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 05:02 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Can't see it personally. In other countries maybe.

Why ???

Are they going to ban all communal activities? No train travel. Everyone works from home?
Personally think it will all brush over in a couple of months.