Rail seating at The Hawthorns
Tracey Crouch, the fool, blocked the original plans despite them being supported by the relevant safety bodies. It was her mistake.

Rail seating is here now whether you like it or not.
dont think it is illegal the law requires that clubs provide a seat for all supporters, I think its the safety committees that grant the safety certificates that dictate supporters must sit on them as it is unsafe to stand with standard seating, that goes away with rail seating and still complies with the law as a seat is provided
No one has yet mentioned the safety aspect of goal celebrations.

Given the social media pressure of “limbs” being a measure of fan quality, goal celebrations are getting more lively and by nature, more dangerous. On Twitter, broken ankles from celebrating are seen as a badge of honour. I currently have half a dozen marks on my shins from this season alone.

I’ll probably get called a snowflake for mentioning it, but it will be a factor and should be, as people have mentioned on here that the goal celebrations put them off taking kids to games. I love it and my lad does now he is 16. However, it was a consideration when he was younger and with me being in my late forties, I might think differently in 10 years time.
(11-16-2019, 10:12 AM)Statto Wrote: No one has yet mentioned the safety aspect of goal celebrations.

Given the social media pressure of “limbs” being a measure of fan quality, goal celebrations are getting more lively and by nature, more dangerous. On Twitter, broken ankles from celebrating are seen as a badge of honour. I currently have half a dozen marks on my shins from this season alone.

I’ll probably get called a snowflake for mentioning it, but it will be a factor and should be, as people have mentioned on here that the goal celebrations put them off taking kids to games. I love it and my lad does now he is 16. However, it was a consideration when he was younger and with me being in my late forties, I might think differently in 10 years time.

WE HAVE A DESIGNATED NON LIMBS PART OF THE STAND ALREDDY PAL
(11-16-2019, 10:20 AM)DAVE Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 10:12 AM)Statto Wrote: No one has yet mentioned the safety aspect of goal celebrations.

WE HAVE A DESIGNATED NON LIMBS PART OF THE STAND ALREDDY PAL
imBerSeal
(11-16-2019, 05:30 AM)fbaggy Wrote: dont think it is illegal the law requires that clubs provide a seat for all supporters, I think its the safety committees that grant the safety certificates that dictate supporters must sit on them as it is unsafe to stand with standard seating, that goes away with rail seating and still complies with the law as a seat is provided

If that’s the case how come clubs spent ages applying to have it and there were attempts to get the law changed, rather than just installing it anyway?

I think some posters were misreading this thread too, no one as far as I can see is against it, a few of us just find it odd that it’s suddenly been installed in some places after years of trying and failing to get it agreed.

The Rail Seating I sat/stood on in Germany makes it impossible for people to surge forward.
Is this part of our annual reduction in capacity.
(11-15-2019, 07:34 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: Like Fox hunting. That's illegal but the bstards still do it. And because the judges are their friends and family, they get off with it scot free.

At least standing at a game doesnt hurt anyone or anything!

The fuggers can get completely wiped out as far as I’m concerned. Last night one of the bastards got into the shoe rack outside and tore up one of my hiking boots, one other boot and one of my Adidas World Cups. Vermin cnuts.
(11-16-2019, 06:15 PM)Fido Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 07:34 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: Like Fox hunting. That's illegal but the bstards still do it. And because the judges are their friends and family, they get off with it scot free.

At least standing at a game doesnt hurt anyone or anything!

The fuggers can get completely wiped out as far as I’m concerned. Last night one of the bastards got into the shoe rack outside and tore up one of my hiking boots, one other boot and one of my Adidas World Cups. Vermin cnuts.

First world problems are a bitch  Big Grin