General Election Allsorts
(10-27-2019, 08:45 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Face it, liars and cheats tend not to tell you what they are about to do. When you find out it will be too late. There are too many people that are going along with it because they believe, without any ‘facts in black and white’, that Brexit will be a good thing and are afraid to step back from their trenches because that would be admitting personal defeat - completely overriding the damage this will do to the wider communities.

You are either happy to throw large sections of the country iunder a bus because it suits you or you are turning a blind one for pride.

Absolutely spot on.
What a surprise
1. UK employment laws exceed EU minima in most areas. Surely a Government intent on eroding those rights would strip them back to those minima?

2. If any Government did erode those rights you could, you know, vote it out. What you going to do if the EU does so?

Think on.
(10-28-2019, 06:24 PM)Neil Parsley Wrote: 1. UK employment laws exceed EU minima in most areas. Surely a Government intent on eroding those rights would strip them back to those minima?

2. If any Government did erode those rights you could, you know, vote it out. What you going to do if the EU does so?

Think on.

1. Or could just keep the minimum standards as per the EU and carry on exceeding them - no need to remove them as the de minimus level. Unless of course you were going to make it easier for your business chums to get rid of employees without all of that red tape redundancy, appeal, tribunal nonsense.

2. In a fixed term parliament world you could be waiting up to 5 years with those rules at play.

Think on. 

I'd hate for you to wake up one day and realise you've been made redundant because some future boss took a dislike to you for no reason.
Brext doesn't impact on me at all - glad to say - so I've not paid any attention to the whole thing.

But at work, we do sometimes wonder why a country would chuck all it's trade deals up in the air - just so it can then go out and make them all over again!!? Seems bloody daft to me. I know if we did that, we'd be out of business. Logically, and just from the point of view of good business, if you're want to change the way you work, and who you work with, and so on, the only sane way to do it is to do it slowly. Over like 5 to 10 years. If the UK wants to leave, fine, but why not take 5 to 10 years to sort it out and leave in an amicable and organised way?

Daft.
They are it will take that long to implement
I see Farage has decided not to stand for election. The big chicken.
And now he's decided to step aside in 317 Tory seats. Apparently the Brexit Party candidate in Peterborough has asked the Tory to step aside as they came second in the last election and he's told him to do one.

Run along, sonny, time for the grown ups.
(11-03-2019, 12:48 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I see Farage has decided not to stand for election. The big chicken.

Yep, man of the people standing up for the working man against the 'elite' has stepped back for.... wait for it.... the Tories.

Shocker.
(11-12-2019, 08:55 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 12:48 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I see Farage has decided not to stand for election. The big chicken.

Yep, man of the people standing up for the working man against the 'elite' has stepped back for.... wait for it.... the Tories.

Shocker.

The Brexit Company - vote for us if you’ve got no one else to blame but yourself.