Phil Lynott
(08-20-2019, 04:53 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 03:15 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 01:55 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: I thought he was a manU fan?

Giles played for Manure.

Wow. I didn't know that. I always assumed we had him in his prime. I'm going to have to rewrite my childhood memories!

He started at man u but I'd say Leeds had him in his prime.
(08-20-2019, 05:01 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 04:53 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 03:15 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 01:55 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: I thought he was a manU fan?

Giles played for Manure.

Wow. I didn't know that. I always assumed we had him in his prime. I'm going to have to rewrite my childhood memories!

He started at man u but I'd say Leeds had him in his prime.

Yes. But he was gutted to leave Manure.

Lives in Harborne, is great company, straight talking true legend.
Top 5 best ever front men member imo.
Attack, attack, attack...
Some super guitarists went through that band. I love Don't believe a word, Jailbreak and The Rocker mostly today..
(08-20-2019, 07:55 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: Some super guitarists went through that band. I love Don't believe a word, Jailbreak and The Rocker mostly today..

One of those bands whose lineup changes dramatically affected how good they were I’d imagine, I’m far too young to have seen them. Gorham and Moore being my pick of the players.
In the form of his life.
I think Robertson/Gorham is the classic pairing for me really. I'm too young as well but one of our old bass players was obsessed with them. He had pics with them after he'd sneaked into a sound check. Amazingly he'd done the same with Rush on their first UK tour. He had a pic of him and Alex Lifeson in his wallet.
I'm a big Gary Moore fan RIP but with Lizzy it has to be the Robertson/Gorham pairing all day and every day.
Sykes is a fantastic player as well, but very much a hired gun for them.
In the form of his life.