Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult
I'm hoping the WHO drugs testing this week works.

We have to pray that it does.
(03-22-2020, 05:51 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I went out walking today in the countryside as I have done for the last 4 years.  I was shocked today as there were more people out walking today than I’d ever seen before and I’d never seen any of them before.  So much for social distancing.  I decided to cut my walk short and go home.

I suspect it was busy because people wanted to do something for mother's day in lieu of not being allowed to do pretty much anything else. So long as people were applying social distancing whilst doing so, I don't see a problem. We were going to have a walk around Shugborough until the NT announced they were closing all parks and gardens, so we ended up having a 5 mile stroll along the public footpaths across the fields of Hammerwich. I reckon we passed a total of 10 other people, giving each other a wide berth, a knowing look and a less than enthusiastic 'hello' exchanged as we passed
Perhaps we must remember that in the last 100yrs our country has been through depression, world war, mass unemployment, falklands etc. In that time we have all listened to our our parents, grandparents have "kept calm and carried on"?

During the blitz the resolve of the eastend, Coventry etc our bulldog spirit was greatly admired while todays society are described as snowflakes?

Maybe after being programmed to "keep calm and carry on", being worried and staying at home is a little against our upbringing ?
(03-22-2020, 10:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 09:57 PM)Deeleys Wrote: Wake me up when the season starts back. I’m out!!!

You’re determined to be ignorant I’ll give you that.
I wonder if Deeleys Is out when now surely he should be in?
I’m actually at work 80 miles from home and will be until at least Thursday. And I wasn’t “out” I said I adhere to the rules.
(03-22-2020, 06:18 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: people are being asked to implement huge day to day changes.

most are adhering the best they can.

for all the ones having one last one on friday there were millions who were not.

think people are struggling as well as they cant "see" the danger.

im guessing as well that next to no one actually knows anyone who has had a confirmed case.

I guess it's only these kind of videos that will get the message through. Scary.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavi...?r=US&IR=T
Yes I had difficulty understanding "stay home as much as possible or you may die/kill people" Fuckin scruffy haired prick needs to make things simpler than that ffs
(03-24-2020, 12:03 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Yes I had difficulty understanding "stay home as much as possible or you may die/kill people" Fuckin scruffy haired prick needs to make things simpler than that ffs

We have millions of thick people.in this country, lots of terrible employers, some desperate employers and workers who have to go to work or they don’t have any money. Until those things are addressed you’ll never get a proper lockdown without enforcement by the state.
(03-24-2020, 12:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 12:03 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Yes I had difficulty understanding "stay home as much as possible or you may die/kill people" Fuckin scruffy haired prick needs to make things simpler than that ffs

We have millions of thick people.in this country, lots of terrible employers, some desperate employers and workers who have to go to work or they don’t have any money. Until those things are addressed you’ll never get a proper lockdown without enforcement by the state.

Wouldn't happen overnight Dek. It's being prepared I'm sure.