WBAUnofficial
Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult (/showthread.php?tid=9599)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - Spandaubaggie - 03-22-2020

It's easy to come out with rash generalisations about thick chavs, selfishness, etc, etc, which we've all seen and heard of in recent days, but getting the message through to the masses, regardless of their social-economic and moral fibre, will be extremely difficult, as my wife just found out.
Her dad is 81, high blood pressure, has medication following a stroke. Her mum is 89, with dementia, yet my wife just popped round to post a mothers day card and give chocs. There's her dad sitting in his mobile caravan with his mechanic mate, who he got over to help him with some mechanical issue that is far from urgent.
Her dad is, on the whole, quite bright, but he just hasn't got it. His wife would stand no chance if she gets it, I wouldn't fancy his chances either.
This is going to prove to be a hell of a task clearing the world of this, but the advice has to be clearer and Boris isn't cutting it and just sounds too jolly for my liking. He hasn't statesmanlike gravitas. 
I expect thousands to be dying each week before long, so we need complete lock down now.

RE: Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - TETLEY74 - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 04:41 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It's easy to come out with rash generalisations about thick chavs, selfishness, etc, etc, which we've all seen and heard of in recent days, but getting the message through to the masses, regardless of their social-economic and moral fibre, will be extremely difficult, as my wife just found out.
Her dad is 81, high blood pressure, has medication following a stroke. Her mum is 89, with dementia, yet my wife just popped round to post a mothers day card and give chocs. There's her dad sitting in his mobile caravan with his mechanic mate, who he got over to help him with some mechanical issue that is far from urgent.
Her dad is, on the whole, quite bright, but he just hasn't got it. His wife would stand no chance if she gets it, I wouldn't fancy his chances either.
This is going to prove to be a hell of a task clearing the world of this, but the advice has to be clearer and Boris isn't cutting it and just sounds too jolly for my liking. He hasn't statesmanlike gravitas. 
I expect thousands to be dying each week before long, so we need complete lock down now.

Good post spandau people have had more than enough chance to do as requested and the message is either not getting through or blatently ignored, agree we need compete lock down now then everyone knows the score.,no excuses.

RE: Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - foreveralbion - 03-22-2020

we discussed this at work the other day and all concluded this was not a job for boris.

blair at his peak or cameron would relay the messages a lot better.

saying that though i just cant see how this country can handle a lengthy shutdown

RE: Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - Spandaubaggie - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 04:51 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: we discussed this at work the other day and all concluded this was not a job for boris.

saying that though i just cant see how this country can handle a lengthy shutdown

Saw the Irish PM's speech the other day and he was different class- a guy to take serious. Mind you he's a medical doctor, whilst Boris is a dodgy philandering journo(sacked for lies) who likes titillating tales about EU regulated condom sizes.
Teresa May would have more weight too. Boris, a great laugh in a pub, but this job ain't for him.

RE: Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - Fulham Fallout - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 04:41 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It's easy to come out with rash generalisations about thick chavs, selfishness, etc, etc, which we've all seen and heard of in recent days, but getting the message through to the masses, regardless of their social-economic and moral fibre, will be extremely difficult, as my wife just found out.

I’ve been saying for ages we have been far to reactive.  Let’s face it, we are going to be in the same state Italy is currently in. Wim fuckin doomed.  Sadly.  We have had weeks to prepare but alas no. hey ho.

RE: Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - Ministry Of Silly Signings - 03-22-2020

Heard on the radio earlier that police are having to get special powers to force pubs / cafes to shut, many ignored rules telling them to close the doors. My mate in Wales said last night that some seaside places were busy.

RE: Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - HomersBelly - 03-22-2020

Twats on facebook posting pictures on Friday tag wanking their stupid friends "enjoying my last beer out with so and so and so and so"

Yea that last beer could lead to somebody's last breath you "ignoramous hypopotumus"

RE: Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - TETLEY74 - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 05:07 PM)HomersBelly Wrote: Twats on facebook posting pictures on Friday tag wanking their stupid friends "enjoying my last beer out with so and so and so and so"

Yea that last beer could lead to somebody's last breath you "ignoramous hypopotumus"

There's, absolutely not doubt this crisis has proved once and for all the amount of complete twats we have in society today.

RE: Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - Deeleys - 03-22-2020

The problem is all politicians are liars and they’ve cried wolf so many times with Ebola, SARS, swine flu etc; nobody believes a word they say anymore!

RE: Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult - MassDebater - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 04:58 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 04:51 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: we discussed this at work the other day and all concluded this was not a job for boris.

Saw the Irish PM's speech the other day and he was different class- a guy to take serious. Mind you he's a medical doctor, whilst Boris is a dodgy philandering journo(sacked for lies) who likes titillating tales about EU regulated condom sizes.
Teresa May would have more weight too. Boris, a great laugh in a pub, but this job ain't for him.

An Irish mate posted a video from their Prime Minister I thought it was a complete wind up, he looks like a cartoon character, there's no way I could take him seriously!